What Legacy has left behind.. 7/20 pics

mousermerf

Account Suspended
Original Poster
Entering Epcot today, there was something missing...

97876446-legwid1.jpg

It took me about 15mins worth of pacing the area to figure it out..

7108104971-legwid2.jpg

I knew the wand had come down some, i knew SSE was closed, I just paced and paced.. and then decided to dip into an alcove out of the sun.

75471986-legwid8.jpg

By golly, all of Legacy's sales area was gone.

58525097-legwid7.jpg

And look, it has those little pyramid glass roofs!

35483214-legwid3.jpg

Aren't those neat? I thought only the entrance had them..

47544990-legwid5.jpg

And really really ye-olde-Epcot-lookin benches!!

19227017-legwid4.jpg

Who knew they had painted details hiding back here?

42596188-legwid6.jpg

Anywho, that's it, my amazing discovery. Enjoy :)

plpeters70

Wow, from this angle it almost looks like old EPCOT again!!! If only the rest of the entrance plaza looked this lush.

They really need to bring back the old planters with the grass - there was just something so great about that green grass that really made the area look lush and inviting.

cb3k

Good Find...I would have noticed something missing as well, however I would have had to start a thread titled "Whats Missing" and post the pictures. That never would have clicked with me that it was the Leave a Legacy booths.

Since1976

I agree those pics look like young Epcot... Funny, since those details have always been there, just hidden, covered up, obscured, or made less apparent or accessible by some of the more gaudy Millennium Celebration additions.

Expo_Seeker40

the MerfCove?! :lol: Damn, just another place to see when I go in January. All of you going on October 1st for the Retrocot Celebration, gotta make a pitstop at the MerfCove! :wave:

DisneySaint

I really wish they'd take a pressure washer to the monorail track. It's lookin' kinda grimy.
And while they're at it, do the glass on The Land, the glass on Imagination, and all of SSE's triangles.

gettingsmaller

Man... I want to be there SO BAD! Looking at the pictures, I can just smell the humid air and hear the sounds of being at Epcot... 52 more days... praying for good weather and good health... pictures like this make me SO READY...

gettingsmaller

....by the way, I love the composition of the first pic.... gives that great feeling of coming into Epcot with SSE towering over you--but with a little bit different perspective than the norm... There is something magical to me about standing right by/under SSE... that Florida weather, knowing WHERE you are (has been the first park I visited the two times I can remember going), the anticipation of things to come, the sounds and smells... am I there yet?
Anyway, great pic... I could have done without you awaking such a longing, but great job, anyway...

fizzle75

Thanks for the pics Merf! I too would love to see some pics of what it looked like before the LAL booths. Just a little over two months and I'm there!:sohappy:

Dwarful

I can't wait to check out that area~ I am bummed about missing out on SSE and HM at MK...but two weeks from today we will be strolling MK and headin' to Epcot for dinner....mmmmmm

SDav10495

Very cool! It's the little spots in and around EPCOT's entrance that I remember from my childhood, and starting a few visits ago I thought I must have imagined things because no such spots were left...the place was totally unrecognizable. Slowly I've been learning the truth about what's been covered up since 1999...and these photos are fantastic! Awesome update, as always.

And for the record, that's it. The removal of the kiosk and sales booth have me convinced that someone at Disney is really thinking about revitalizing the entrance plaza and removing those stones...and I'm convinced because, as we all know, Disney would normally just put up signage (or planters...WoL anyone?) in front of unused LaL spots after stopping sales. I know you can all imagine it ("We are no longer selling Leave a Legacy tiles, we apologize..." etc.)--a sign that would just stay up for years and years while the booths got ignored. But Disney has removed all traces of LaL sales, and done it fast...the only reason I can imagine them making that a priority is if they were really considering removing the stones in the near future.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom