Year Of A Million Dreams Has Been Cancelled!!!

t_zeke77

Original Poster
I just read on MiceAge that YEAR OF A MILLION DREAMS has been cancelled!!! To me that campaign was a non factor when I visited the Disney parks. YOAMD just didnt live up to what it was suppose to. What do you guys think?

tirian

It's true.

I hope that the Dream Squad remains, however. I think that it is a wonderful way to add random magic to a Guest's day...as long as it isn't advertised as more than a "free churro"! :lol:

EDIT: I posted this comment after talking to a friend in marketing who did not have any details, but had heard the same thing. No details are known right now, and it could be something as simple as "they decided not to extend it for another year (as was previously planned)."

Don't get yourself all worked up about this yet.

EDIT AGAIN
Yeah, they cancelled the extension, as well as the "Where Dreams Come True" Disney Parks campaign.

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
I just read on MiceAge that YEAR OF A MILLION DREAMS has been cancelled!!! To me that campaign was a non factor when I visited the Disney parks. YOAMD just didnt live up to what it was suppose to. What do you guys think?
Until Disney stops advertising it on their sites and I hear that there are no prizes being awarded, I'm going to doubt your veracity.

I believe that because it involves a sweepstakes for numerous prizes, Disney has a legal obligation to finish the advertised distribution of prizes.

EDIT: For those who choose to believe, here's what's posted on MiceAge.com:

MiceAge.com said:
Editor's Daily Note -
7/7: Lucky us! Breaking news: The Year of a Million Dreams has been cancelled. The campaign is over. Look for more details as to why when we return on 7/11. - Al Lutz

t_zeke77

Original Poster
I believe that because it involves a sweepstakes for numerous prizes, Disney has a legal obligation to finish the advertised distribution of prizes.[/quote]
Woooo Hoooooo!!!! A free churro and a free fast pass for Hoeny I Shrunk the Audience!!! In Disney Heaven:ROFLOL:
Hey dont kill the messenger!!! I just read this on Mice Age in the Editors Daily Notes. Al Lutz said it is over and he will give more details next week in his mice age column.

SirNim

I believe it's over because Disney has exhausted their million dreams...

by virtue of fulfilling the wish of a million wand-haters... :lookaroun

(maybe that's the secret reason, I dunno)

DisneySaint

There is absolutely NO truth to this, sorry. None. Zero. Nada. Cancelling it alone would put nearly 100 people out of jobs and warehouses full of prizes would go to waste.

Perhaps MiceAge is using the fact that it is "cancelled" as a figure of speech for something that was less than magical that happened.

tirian

I don't know when the official "last day" is; but as soon as I saw this thread open I called around to get some information.

Unless it's a cruel prank, it is indeed true.

JJHale

I believe it's over because Disney has exhausted their million dreams...

by virtue of fulfilling the wish of a million wand-haters... :lookaroun

(maybe that's the secret reason, I dunno)

Good point. Kill two birds with one stone.

Seriously, I don't think Disney could just cancel a celebration like this mid year. What about all the people who have future reservations based on YOAMD advertising? Too many legal questions.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom