Ratatouile

Bratstarman

Original Poster
Saw the sneak preview tonight - it was beautiful, unique, touching - I loved the movie! And I think it had the best onscreen kiss since Lady and the Tramp.

But the restaurant in the movie IS the Epcot French Restaurant, and the scenes along the Seine match the area just outside the International Gateway. Talk about a feeling of deja vu!

Chape19714

I wanted to go so bad, but couldn't! I'm wondering how long before the Epcot Restraunt goes character dining. :lookaroun

Glad to hear it's a good film

gman2

It's the best

It is the best pixar movie ever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I loved it go see it it is so funny I wont spoil it for you SO GO SEE IT! pixar's out done itself the short was the best ever GO SEE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! it is lol funny!!!!!!!!

EpcotServo

I got to see it tonight too, and I loved it! Everybody liked it, and it's right up on the list of best Pixar films. Plus the short was great (a new favorite) and the trailer for WALL-E gave me goosebumps! Pixar once again shows us what a true animated feature should be, and this movie surpassed all my expectations. GO SEE THIS MOVIE ON THE 29TH. DO IT!
:lol:

haveyoumetmark

I got to see it tonight too, and I loved it! Everybody liked it, and it's right up on the list of best Pixar films. Plus the short was great (a new favorite) and the trailer for WALL-E gave me goosebumps! Pixar once again shows us what a true animated feature should be, and this movie surpassed all my expectations. GO SEE THIS MOVIE ON THE 29TH. DO IT!
:lol:
My sentiments exactly. The short was hysterical. :lol:

majortom1981

Awesome movie

This was an awesome movie. I am warning anybody who hasnt seen it.

THis is more of a teen and up movie. Kids under 10 I think will not understand whats going on .All the adults where very interested in the movie while the children were sleeping. One of the mothers even yelled at her kids because they interupted her afterwards.

THe graphics in some scenes felt realistic, Like you were actually in the sewers.I also liked the brownish tint the whole movie had. It set the whole atmosphere.

At the end of the movie all the adults where clapping.

Pixar shows with this movie that a cgi movie can compete story wise witha normal movie. Its definately a Disney/pixar movie. Disney made a great choice by buying pixar.

I feel this movie is one of their best. Also every scene moved the story long.There was not one filler scene that I saw.

I will state this again though for the people who havent seen this, any kid under 10 might not understand whats going on.

Ps You might be hungry after seeing the movie.

Bratstarman

Original Poster
This was an awesome movie. I am warning anybody who hasnt seen it.

THis is more of a teen and up movie. Kids under 10 I think will not understand whats going on .All the adults where very interested in the movie while the children were sleeping. One of the mothers even yelled at her kids because they interupted her afterwards.

THe graphics in some scenes felt realistic, Like you were actually in the sewers.I also liked the brownish tint the whole movie had. It set the whole atmosphere.

At the end of the movie all the adults where clapping.

Pixar shows with this movie that a cgi movie can compete story wise witha normal movie. Its definately a Disney/pixar movie. Disney made a great choice by buying pixar.

I feel this movie is one of their best. Also every scene moved the story long.There was not one filler scene that I saw.

I will state this again though for the people who havent seen this, any kid under 10 might not understand whats going on.

Ps You might be hungry after seeing the movie.

You are absolutely right - this is a great movie that happens to use animation - it is not a standard kids cartoon. I got the same feeling watching this movie that I got when I first saw Mary Poppins - this could possibly be more of a "Best Movie" candidate more than a "Best Animated Feature". So many rich layers and so much detail - I loved every part of this movie!

WeLComeHomE OKW

i was at dtd and saw it tonight. it was fantastic. it completely surpassed my expectations for the film (and some early reviews said that it was an instant classic). so, good job pixar. the crowd went absolutely wild throughout the entire thing.

:sohappy: raising the bar once again.

p.s. there might be some scenes that are disturbing to little children. so be careful.

p.p.s. the kids around me seemed to love it. since there is a lot of physical humor, alot of the kids couldnt get enough of that stuff.

dizneycrazy09

I must say I was very hesitant going in to the movie, but it turned out to be amazing. Defenitely one of Pixar's better films. I'd say right up there with Finding Nemo and Toy Story. I know it's pointless to tell everyone on this site to go see it..haha...but I'm saying it anyway. Make sure you go see it, twice, even three times. Also on a side note, Wall*E looks like Pixar's most ambitious project yet, and I am counting the days.:sohappy:

majortom1981

You are absolutely right - this is a great movie that happens to use animation - it is not a standard kids cartoon. I got the same feeling watching this movie that I got when I first saw Mary Poppins - this could possibly be more of a "Best Movie" candidate more than a "Best Animated Feature". So many rich layers and so much detail - I loved every part of this movie!

If you stayed for the credits it mentions that they actaully went to french restaurants.(they thanked the owners of the restaurants) This is why I loe disney movies.

kag1984

I too just got home from seeing the movie and it was wonderful! Some of the most beautiful imagery ever created. There weren't very memorable songs, most of the music was background music that added to the feeling of being in Paris. I too was shocked at how much it reminded me of EPCOT, and underneath the bridge along the WS Lagoon that connects to the UK. I can't wait to go back and see it opening weekend! Loved, loved, loved the movie! Now I can hardly wait to see Wall-E next year!

Thessair

I also had the pleasure of seeing it tonight. I can very easily say that it was easily my favorite Pixar film to date. It seemed far less epic and much more personal than some of their other films. I really enjoyed the score, and found myself humming it as I walked back out to the car. It's been a long time since I wanted to buy a film soundtrack, but I'm going to be looking for this one. Le Festin, as performed by Camille, was an excellent track on its own. I really cannot recommend this film enough.

themarchhare

The movie just proves that Disney-Pixar is the best and the rest are just a bunch of hot messes (shrek 3, anyone?). Some of those other movies try so hard to make them appeal to adults with pop culture references that they just fall flat. This movie appeals to EVERYONE (and kids, too - it's still a family movie, guys). This is my second favorite pixar movie yet (first being Nemo). THANK YOU PIXAR for making the most enjoyable film I've seen in a while.

CTXRover

I also went to see it during the sneak preview this evening and agree with others that this is a very good movie. The animation is once again stunning and yet another step up by Pixar. The film is absolutely gorgeous to look at. The movie itself is incredibly enjoyable with its fair share of heartwarming moments, laughs, and a good message about being who you are and not what others expect you to be. It might have just been me, but I didn't find it to be quite as funny as some previous Disney-Pixar outings, but that doesn't mean too much as it is otherwise an excellent film.

I would highly recommend it and I too would consider up there with one of Disney-Pixar's best (but since they all have been very good to excellent, I'm not sure where I would place it quite yet).

In addtion, the short film "Lifted" at the beginning is hilarious.

landauh

I was able to see the movie at DTD tonight. Anyone that was there, the girl that was in histarics during Lifting was my DD (age 20).

malice

Saw a sneak preview in DC where the 98% of the audience was primarily 20-40 year old urban hipsters who gave tremendous applause at the "fin". i was impressed with the film. smart and very original, but it took a while for the story to get set up. the "no motion capture" disclaimer at the end of the credits was nice touch and did anyone else spot bon voyage from "the incredibles"?

ghost_elias

I live in the UK and can't wait for this movie to be released over here. I saw the trailer about a month ago and it looks awesome, obviously this has been confirmed since everyone seems to have rave reviews for this movie.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom