Ep-ity-______! (w/photos!)

mousermerf

Account Suspended
Original Poster
Photos of: mirror column, mitsukoshi, and maybe even the Haunted Mansion - oh yeah, China has started to take down the tarps too!

So.. Let's start with SSE's mirror column:

diekiosk4.jpg

Hello gorgeous!

diekiosk3.jpg

From the right...

diekiosk2.jpg

And to da left..

diekiosk1.jpg

Aint it cool? Now's probably a good point to mention that "Opportunity City" in Innoventions east is dead as the dodo. Refurb walled-up, but I didn't snag a pic. Other pics in a few as i get them editted and uploaded.

Brian_B

That is the most beautiful thing ever.

Goes to show you how unnecessary all these recent gaudy adornments are. Except for those neat sunshade things in the plaza; i like them :)

Beauty_Belle

Beautiful!!! Reminds me of years gone by with the family, walking into EPCOT, and seeing those mirrors. This is a sign of good things to come!!!! :sohappy:

SDav10495

!!!

Not complete yet, but still gorgeous!

(Thought, picky EPCOT fan that I am, the restoration of the column has also just drawn my attention back to the pitiful cemetery fountain and the ugly tombstone paintings defiling Spaceship Earth's legs. If it's true that the entire sight of the entrance is being re-thought in some capacity--ticket booths, wand, LaL--what do you think about the possibility that they'll do away with the dreary "brown" scheme that has overwhelmed the entrance since the Millennium Celebration? It was a poor design choice to begin with...and if a return to sleek aesthetics is really the impetus behind some of the recent rumors we've been hearing I don't think it's such a stretch to expect some sort of "de-browning" of the plaza.)

mousermerf

Account Suspended
Original Poster
So.. more pics..

First a moody sky lingering above SSE.. the winds of change me thinks.. or God's wrath, your choice :)

chinajapan5.jpg

And lookie! China is out from the tarps a little!

chinajapan6.jpg

So i ran over there to get more pics and it downpoured. No pics, but i did realize Reflections of China is still an enjoyable film. Anywho.. off to Japan.

chinajapan3.jpg

Where more buildings have been refurbed...

chinajapan4.jpg

And the Mitsukoshi is still closed, but it does show signs of progress (the second level is open again to wander) such as new nifty lanterns on the second level!

chinajapan2.jpg

And poorly-tarped windows to peek inside...

chinajapan1.jpg

Even messier then I expected. I doubt we'll recognize it when it reopens! More pics in a little bit..

SirNim

Merf, thanks so much for these wonderful pics.

I must say, now that the blatant LaL advertisement has been exorcized from the mirrored base of SSE, that entry fountain really looks like it could use a new permanent sculpture. It, quite simply, looks empty as heck now that (thankfully) that hideous signage is gone. Let's de-brown that entrance plaza once and for all! :D :wave:

mousermerf

Account Suspended
Original Poster
Final pics from Haunted Mansion, where they've finished the refurb wall..

brettandrobby1024.jpg

And even added roses.. aww..

brettrobby2.jpg

That's it, enjoy :)

Beauty_Belle

That is a BEAUTIFUL picture of EPCOT!!!
Wasn't there a glass sculpture on the fountain? Something says back in the 80's there was a triangle of glass that sat there, though I could be wrong.
Only joking about the wand blending in for that thing sticks out like a sore thumb! Haha! :p

Chape19714

Well good the wall is finally done, we are FINALLY getting a bit of themed rehabs like with the shootin arcade and now HM. They do it really well at DL, so I'm happy to see something different than generic construction walls.

mousermerf

Account Suspended
Original Poster
Thought i'd toss in random pics of Japan I happen to like..

brettandrobby1015.jpg

I like the benches :)

brettandrobby1017.jpg

One of the refurbed buildings through the trees..

brettandrobby1021.jpg

And I love the little lanterns and the swirled colors on the umbrella.

brettandrobby1022.jpg

Promise that's it for photos :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom