SSE update photos

mousermerf

Account Suspended
Original Poster
So, here's what's visible thus far, thanks to an anonymous friend...

The other side of the opening..

190974902207_0_ALB.jpg

And peeking over the wall..

690974902207_0_ALB100.jpg

But inside is the interesting stuff!

925794902207_0_ALB20.jpg

Oo.. getting all bling'd-out...

100784902207_0_ALB15.jpg

And look at this...

109.jpg

Variations on a theme..

415794902207_0_BG17.jpg

659684902207_0_BG8.jpg

469684902207_0_ALB.jpg

479684902207_0_BG10.jpg

549684902207_0_BG6.jpg

And there's more to come in moments..

mousermerf

Account Suspended
Original Poster
And nopw the really cool new stuff..

104.jpg

Oo.. shiny and pretty..

106.jpg

And this is the driver thingy...

107.jpg

Closer..

789684902207_0_BG13.jpg

And one more time for good measure...

829684902207_0_ALB102.jpg

Did I mention snazzy new exit signs?

639684902207_0_BG4.jpg

But they're not the only new signs..

301974902207_0_BG.jpg

Closer..

909684902207_0_ALB101.jpg

And a variation..

229684902207_0_BG2.jpg

Enjoy, and thanks the anonymous contributer :)

CaptainMichael

Is that the Siemens logo or the old SSE logo that I spot in the left hand corner of the redish sign? Or is it a combination of the two?:drevil:

DescentGate

It's about time those themed exit signs (since the days of yore of the Prototype font exit signs) are back again... This font might be nicknamed "Prototype v. 2". Not to mention, look at the red sign in the upper left... the Spaceship Earth Icon is here to stay, except 21st century-ized, sleek, and still abstract like the original. Holy mackarel, Siemens knows what its doing!

The Future IS Back. (or have we gone Back to the Future?? :veryconfu)

Very cool pics, merf! I've been watching you update for years, but I come out of the dead to start posting! Thanks!

Edit: From my impression, Siemens simply uses its special-fontface name as its logo. They have no abstract icon. Check out their site & do an image search on the siemens logo. That's what you'll get.

jeffb

Merf - thanks for the pictures, I am definitely liking the look of all this. And in the comming soon sign that is looking like a SSE logo.

DisneyMusician2

Looks like a variation of the SSE logo...could we be seeing new logos for all of the Epcot pavillions? That would be so cool. Like new throwback concepts! Probably won't happen though.

Slowjack

Thanks Merf and thanks to the anonymous friend for those pics. I hope this is a good indication of the direction this refurb is heading, because it looks great. :sohappy:

kcnole

These pics along with the press release about what is to come for SSE's update are making me so excited for this. This has always been my favorite attraction but I've been so sad about how bad of shape its been in lately. I cannot wait for it to be complete.

Imaginationeer

I love the new SE logo, it looks great. It is similar to the one in the developmental pictures for the new JII, which features the old Imagination logo with a swirl of smoke around it. These logos may soon become common in Epcot.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Woah! Lovely. Really lovely. The detail, from the fonts, to THAT logo, to the lighting features, colour pallette.... the list goes on and on. You know I don`t get that excited anymore about new developments, but this has me by the preverbials :D

I`ve also noticed, in the first 3 pics of the second post, the shape and contours of the room structures; they are a close match to a) the entrance plaza support facilities (side wings) and Monorail station roof structure, and b) the sides of the lower SSE building and Earthstation - pic #2 could be a model of the side of Earthstation at night with it`s shape and lighting strip.

Guess I`ll have to start calling it Project Tomorrow instead of Earthstation... it sure beats the Global Neighborhoods though :)

Thanks `merf, and thanks to your source.

ToTBellHop

looks very nice. Very futuristic lighting. I approve (I am sure WDI was waiting for my approval haha). If we can expect more of this in the lighting in the ride, it will be fantastic. Reminds me a bit of Space Mountain at Disneyland.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom