Gran Fiesta debacle...

mousermerf

Account Suspended
Original Poster
I just had a thought...

If Disney had any intention of opening Gran Fiesta Tour on April 2nd, then where were the CM's to staff the attraction?

Mexico CMs aren't cross trained at multiple locations. The restaurant and shops wouldn't need the extra CMs, and Disney can't just send people home like that.

So where were they? Why wasn't anyone posted outfront to meet people and tell them the ride wouldn't be opening? If they had the attraction to any true level of completeness to actually operate, then the CMs would have been staffed - and being staffed, if the ride isn't open when it's supposed to be, a CM would of been outfront greeting guests.

Thus, obviously they've known that the ride wouldn't open on time for a while. No CM's means they had time to not schedule them or tell them all to stay home. It's not a problem that came up April 2nd at 8am or something. They've known it wouldn't open with days worth of lead time.

Why didn't they post someone out front or update the website or put information in the times guide? I think the people who went and were met with just a rehab wall should be angry at Disney. They knew the problem was going to happen and wasted your time.

I suggest voicing your dissapointment. If anything, Disney will think twice about doing such a thing in the future.

ToTBellHop

it's not the end of the world...geez. The ride takes about two people to staff. It is not hard for me to imagine them being sent to help elsewhere. You would think this was a major E-Ticket or something.

TarzanRocked99-

I would second the notion that they have known for a while the times guides are printed a week in advance and they make the point not to list an opening day at all and instead just generalize a early April opening. I guess since it is not now or has never been a main draw attraction they just assumed no one would really care.

I am interested to see if the new attraction will make the cover of the guidemaps.

mdisney

First off wow, and 2nd off if you dont like the way disney runs things then either get a job with upper managment or dont go back to the parks. Also most of the people who work in the Mexico area english is their second language. Plus delays could of happened with what is new. Also they might have thought it be open, and that is why they did not put that in the times guide.

ToTBellHop

I highly doubt there were clandestined meetings behind Mexico where park execs were thinking of ways to ruin a few dozen guests' Easter week. Obviously, they knew there was an opportunity that the ride would not open and that's why the Times Guide was created appropriately. We have known from the start that this would be very close which is why for weeks we have known that any possible soft opening would not be more than the day before opening. A minor issue came up, and now we wait. This is not without precedent for Disney (e.g. Test Track).

jmvd20

First off wow, and 2nd off if you dont like the way disney runs things then either get a job with upper managment or dont go back to the parks.

Just FYI - This is a "discussion" board, people come here to discuss things. Might want to ease off just a tad.

Wilt Dasney

Just FYI - This is a "discussion" board, people come here to discuss things. Might want to ease off just a tad.

I'm with mdisney on this one, actually. Isn't one aspect of discussion saying "I don't think this is worth discussing"?

merf has a well-established (and carefully cultivated) persona of complaining about exceedingly minor things. I submit to the jury that this is more of the same. :shrug:

That being said, discuss away if you like. :lol:

netenyahoo

Well it may be nit-pitcky, but Disney should still at least update their website if the attraction isn't open yet. Do they have on the ride boards that it is not open?

ToTBellHop

There are far more important things that Disney does not update on the website than a low-importance ride having a delayed reopening.

Glasgow

I think they should have least posted that the ride would not be opening .. is that so difficult to do?

BTW - if no one posted a response then the thread would've just died.

PKD

There are far more important things that Disney does not update on the website than a low-importance ride having a delayed reopening.

Agreed. Also keep in mind that updating the website is not a simple task. If it is anything like other major companies, it has to pass through several departments before it can be changed/corrected.

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
Well it may be nit-pitcky, but Disney should still at least update their website if the attraction isn't open yet. Do they have on the ride boards that it is not open?

Disney should do this. Disney should do that. To quote a famous line I have seen on these boards before...."Disney owns the parks and resorts....they can run their business how they like." Had thousands of guests descended on guest relations I would imagine you would have seen Disney do something different. My guess is that this was not the case...

MaxPower

Merf is right

Here's the deal -- there are some people (myself and Merf included) that really like WDW and don't want to see it devolve into another six flags. Although this incident may seem little, it's one of hundreds of seemingly minor details that are currently being overlooked by WDW management.

To put it simply -- this is the way Six Flags would've handled this issue. Why do I care? -- because I don't want WDW to turn into Six Flags.

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
Here's the deal -- there are some people (myself and Merf included) that really like WDW and don't want to see it devolve into another six flags. Although this incident may seem little, it's one of hundreds of seemingly minor details that are currently being overlooked by WDW management.

To put it simply -- this is the way Six Flags would've handled this issue. Why do I care? -- because I don't want WDW to turn into Six Flags.

There are others that love Disney just as much if not more. We have invested our next 40+ years of vacations in Disney and what Disney has to offer. I have cut back on two of my lifelong hobbies now that I am married to focus more on my family and Disney is what we do. So I can emphatically say that I am concerned in what Disney does. This is minute compared to some of the other isses, like the Pixarfication of the parks, the movement away from traditional animation, etc.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
I`m surprised there was no greeter though; although staffing levels in general seem to have been cut from queues and loads across the board.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom