Haunted Mantion Refurb

typhoonguy

Original Poster
The Haunted Mansion attraction in the Magic Kingdom Park will be closed for routine refurbishment beginning Wednesday, June 6, through Wednesday, September 12, 2007, reopening to Guests on Thursday, September 13, 2007.

mousermerf

Account Suspended
The Haunted Mansion attraction in the Magic Kingdom Park will be closed for routine refurbishment beginning Wednesday, June 6, through Wednesday, September 12, 2007, reopening to Guests on Thursday, September 13, 2007.

Open in time for the first MNSSHP - told ya :)

wickedfan07

I'm glad this is finally happening, but the dates stink! I'll should be there from June 23-30. I know the Mansion needs the refurb, but you think they'd do it in the off-season? (Don't get me wrong, I'm glad its finally confirmed.)

TarzanRocked99-

I'm glad this is finally happening, but the dates stink! I'll should be there from June 23-30. I know the Mansion needs the refurb, but you think they'd do it in the off-season? (Don't get me wrong, I'm glad its finally confirmed.)

Based on crowd flow over the past couple of years I can tell you that there really is no off season anymore, just a few slow weeks here and there. They would affect crowds no matter when they close it. However is 3 months long enough to do all that needs to be done, Small World was down longer than that and it wasn't in as near bad a shape as the mansion at least as far as the guests knew.

mitchk

Cool, I thought I wasn't going to get a chance to visit the 999 happy haunts on my vacation. :sohappy:

DznyRktekt

Anyone know if the completion date could fluctuate? What I am trying to say is, could they have a built-in week of extra time and actually open it a bit earlier?

Reason I ask is that we will be leaving two days before the scheduled reopening date and we have two first-timers along.

mousermerf

Account Suspended
Based on crowd flow over the past couple of years I can tell you that there really is no off season anymore, just a few slow weeks here and there. They would affect crowds no matter when they close it. However is 3 months long enough to do all that needs to be done, Small World was down longer than that and it wasn't in as near bad a shape as the mansion at least as far as the guests knew.

Small World had to have the ceiling removed and rebuilt. Asbestos.

DznyRktekt

At this moment (3:18 central time, March 8th) the official website states that it will be down from June 6-June30th. Is this the first phase? :confused:

Buried20KLeague

:lol:
Small World had to have the ceiling removed and rebuilt. Asbestos.

What he said. :wave:

Although... If they're really going to do this new catacomb gift shop thing (which I could definitely do without), you'd think 3 months isn't enough time. So either:

1. That's not really part of the plan, OR...

2. They'll just wall that part off and finish it after the HM is back open.

Either way, thank HEAVEN it's finally announced.

So....... Should I start the debate on the "ring" now, or leave that be? :lookaroun :lol:

Buried20KLeague

At this moment (3:18 central time, March 8th) the official website states that it will be down from June 6-June30th. Is this the first phase? :confused:

It's closed beyond that. If you're looking in the operational updates section, change the month you're looking at to July and it shows it closed from the 1st through the 31st. Change it to August, etc...

DznyRktekt

It's closed beyond that. If you're looking in the operational updates section, change the month you're looking at to July and it shows it closed from the 1st through the 31st. Change it to August, etc...

Ok. Thanks for the help. Guess we'll miss it. :( Just have to go back in October.

Tom Morrow

Keep in mind that we do a lot of preventative work to ensure that things run smoothly. Just becasue an attraction is scheduled for refurb doesn't mean things are broken.

I realize that, but a lot of you are really excited about this refurbishment, so there must be a lot of noticable things that need refurbishment, but I haven't noticed too much other than the sound quality. Is there more?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom