Great Movie Ride Finale Film

Blizz

Original Poster
Ok, this might sound a little bit stupid but what is the song that plays in the finale film when they show the clip of "Showboat?" I believe they play Scot Joplin's "The Entertainer" while showing clips of silent films and then it bursts into the song I am looking for when it shows the clip of the boat from "Showboat."

mharrington

I don't know what song is they play during "Show Boat", :shrug: but I do know that they also play:

• Dance of the Hours (from "Fantasia")
  • Star Wars Theme (from "Star Wars")
  • Hooray For Hollywood

DDuckFan130

I believe it is Scott Joplin...and believe it or not I got it from the weirdest place: That's so Raven

:lookaroun

They had an episode about Black History and Scott Joplin was played by one of the characters on the show. He was playing that exact song, and being the WDW dork I am, I instantly thought of GMR :lol:

CThaddeus

I believe the song you're referring to is in fact from "Showboat." It is called "Cotton Blossom," I think. The version in the movie sounds a bit different from the one used in The Great Movie Ride (it has lyrics, too).

Rob562

Ok, this might sound a little bit stupid but what is the song that plays in the finale film when they show the clip of "Showboat?" I believe they play Scot Joplin's "The Entertainer" while showing clips of silent films and then it bursts into the song I am looking for when it shows the clip of the boat from "Showboat."

Would you believe it's from "Showboat"? (Who'da thunk it?) :lol:

The piece is called "Natchez", and is track 3 on the soundtrack of the 1951 film. While Amazon has all the tracks available for preview, the preview for this track is from a part that doesn't really sound at all like what we know.

Luckily, I happen to have that soundtrack in my CD collection. Here's the track:
http://webpages.charter.net/steerr/Natchez.mp3
(Right-click and do "save as", I couldn't get it to play in my browser just by clicking the link) The part that we all know and love starts at the 41-second mark. (It just brings me right back to GMR listening to it...)

Obviously Disney re-orchestrated and recorded all the music specifically for the attraction.
Other people were talking about Scott Joplin, and yes, the montage does start out with his piece "The Entertainer".

Watching a video of the finale on YouTube, here's what I've got for music:
(also note that because they orchestrated it and recorded it themsevles, not every bit of music is specifically from a movie, some might have been written to bridge pieces together)

-"The Entertainer" by Scott Joplin
-"Natchez" from Showboat
-?????? (Unknown slapstick comedy section)
-"Axel F" from Beverly Hills Cop
-?????? (Action sequence)
-Random fanfare
-"Dance of the Hours" originally from the ballet La Gioconda by Pochielli, but better known from Fantasia.
-"Tara's Theme" from Gone with the Wind
-Main Theme from Star Wars

Can anyone fill in the missing pieces?

-Rob

New Clip

Sadly I'm not too good with music to be able to help but I was wondering if anyone knows the name of the movie they show when a guy jumps out store window anda bunch of cops surround him with guns and he asks is there a problem I love that scene but have never figured out where it's from

Scar Junior

The piece is called "Natchez", and is track 3 on the soundtrack of the 1951 film. While Amazon has all the tracks available for preview, the preview for this track is from a part that doesn't really sound at all like what we know.

Luckily, I happen to have that soundtrack in my CD collection. Here's the track:
(Right-click and do "save as", I couldn't get it to play in my browser just by clicking the link) The part that we all know and love starts at the 41-second mark. (It just brings me right back to GMR listening to it...)

Obviously Disney re-orchestrated and recorded all the music specifically for the attraction.
Other people were talking about Scott Joplin, and yes, the montage does start out with his piece "The Entertainer".

(also note that because they orchestrated it and recorded it themsevles, not every bit of music is specifically from a movie, some might have been written to bridge pieces together)

-"Natchez" from Showboat
-Random fanfare
-"Dance of the Hours" originally from the ballet La Gioconda by Pochielli, but better known from Fantasia.

-Rob

Great post! Thanks for the link and info!

On a totally unrelated note... a musician who used to work at Port Orleans would play "Axel F" on the Electric Sax (an instrument I'd never seen before). His name is Elliot Dyson and he later worked at 8trax (I think). The whole time he played the black guy (excuse my ignorance) at Universal's Blues Brothers' attraction. He even gave us 3 free passes just to watch him one day. Great guy... I doubt it, but does anyone knows where he is at these days (we've lost touch)?

RiversideBunny

The movie clip where the police surround a man and he says, 'Is there a problem, officers?', is from the opening scenes of "Trading Places", with Eddie Murphy and Dan Aykroyd and Jamie Lee Curtis.
You can find it at Amazon.com or most any video store.

:ROFLOL: :ROFLOL: :ROFLOL:

Slipknot

-"Natchez" from Showboat
-Random fanfare

-Rob

After the Action sequence is the beginning of the 2001: A Space Odyssey theme

Blizz

Original Poster
Thanks! I knew it had to be from "Showboat," I just sadly (even more sad being a film major) have never seen "Showboat."

dizkid03

-"Natchez" from Showboat
-Random fanfare

-Rob

-?????? (Unknown slapstick comedy section) = keystone krazy (george wilkins) from ascap.com search!

Sadly I'm not too good with music to be able to help but I was wondering if anyone knows the name of the movie they show when a guy jumps out store window anda bunch of cops surround him with guns and he asks is there a problem I love that scene but have never figured out where it's from
the jumping out scene is actually Eddie Murphy as Axel Foley being thrown thru the window in Beverly Hills Cop, the police part is from Trading Places

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom