New Rumor!!!

Jerm

Original Poster
So I was walking the halls of a place where the magic is made and saw 2 new things that I think will be intresting....

Haunted Mansion--it looks like with the next refurb (when ever that might be) they will be changing out the start of the attraction, when you go by the staircase. It looked like they were going to make it like the piece of art "House of Stairs" by Escher, where they are all over the place. They only other thing that stood out from it was they will have a candleabra floating upside down.

Space Ship Earth-- It looked like they will be instaling screens in the cars. It didn't have any detail of what will be on the screens but they did have screens in both the front and the back seat.

That was it. Take it or leave it, I just saw something that I thought was cool and wanted to pass it along. It was just concept art and a model but it was on display so thought I would pass it along.

J

lwalker8

Interesting, curious as to what screens on SE could play...I guess we'll have to wait and see.

Thanks for the info:wave:

Epcotrob

Ok.... lets hope with the screens in the NEW cars on SE (cant see a retrofit) we can get some padding. :lookaroun Curious as to what could be on the screens during the ride. Interactive mabye? Sound like fun. Heres to hoping that it might happen.

SewIn2Disney

Ok.... lets hope with the screens in the NEW cars on SE (cant see a retrofit) we can get some padding. :lookaroun Curious as to what could be on the screens during the ride. Interactive mabye? Sound like fun. Heres to hoping that it might happen.
I so second the padding!! Those seats are hard!! Especially when you are rotating backwards for your descent!

Shaman

The screens bit is interesting...especially since it probably means we'll get new vehicles. Maybe they'll add some sort of interactive element (touch screens) maybe a faint throwback to the days of Horizons? :lookaroun

...or maybe a 3d Film....:lookaroun

:lol:

Sounds cool. Thanks for sharing! :wave:

hokielutz

Let's hope the seats are more ergonomically designed than just hard plastic benches with straight backs. If they had a little more curve... it wouldn't be so uncomfortable. Along with that... new sound system... low light LCD displays for more information at your finger tips...

So along with the new cars... can we please get the ride system oiled??? that thing clanks so loudly you can hear it over the music at PI.

MickeyTigg

Interesting, curious as to what screens on SE could play...I guess we'll have to wait and see.

Thanks for the info:wave:

My guess would be that they'd be used for the safety spiel that they give now on the "big screens". I suppose the big screens would be gone too, then.

NASAMan

Let's not gloss over the first rumor. The staircase portion of HM has long been a dead area (ok, pun intended!) for a long time! An Escher style redo sounds real cool, folding in a little Winchester mansion and Hogwart's as well. If you recall, there are two areas of this section. They could easily give the illusion that, in the first area you are going upstairs, and then in the second that you are descending down. Whatever change is made, it would be welcome over blacklit giant spiders.

RSoxNo1

Wouldn't it be cool if the screens on SE would be language specific (like Choose Your Own Future on Horizons.)

That would make plenty of sense. My understanding is that Spaceship Earth is the most popular ride on all of Disney property (based on total number of riders over the course of it's existance). Even if it's not #1, it's gotta be close, it would make sense for them to make this ride have different language options, or perhaps closed captioning as well.

Shaman

I'd imagine it would be either that or some sort of constant safety reminder to remain seated and that the vehicle will be moving backward.

Sounds like a waste if it's just for that...especially considering that a simple sign(s) could do.

slappy magoo

Maybe it'll be a virtual roller coaster ride for all the people who always insist that a roller coaster will be going in the omnisphere.

DisneyMusician2

SSE screens could really give a kick...something interactive, or maybe cool facts about communication...I'm hoping for a combination of things that occur at different parts of the ride. But it will probably just show Siemens ads until you want to puke.

ToTBellHop

I've heard that the new screens will just project the new Siemens slogan: "Siemens: Yes, it really is pronounced like that."

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom