Dining during fireworks

kasey1988

Original Poster
Im just wondering what are the best places to dine while watching Illuminations/Wishes? Dosnt need to be romantic as i will be going with my mom. We will be on the DDP,using only one credit would be preferred, but if your choice uses two let me know! and characters would be nice!
Thanks!!

mrtoad

Im just wondering what are the best places to dine while watching Illuminations/Wishes? Dosnt need to be romantic as i will be going with my mom. We will be on the DDP,using only one credit would be preferred, but if your choice uses two let me know! and characters would be nice!
Thanks!!

For Wishes the California Grill is a good choice but may be tough to get in at that time so call it in way in advance. We have done it a few times with each time being extremely lucky with our seating.

For Illuminations if you can eat outside at Rose & Crown Pub in the UK area of Epcot's World Showcase. Romantic only occurs when there is "romance" present so nothing is really romantic unless that is what you want it to be. Everyplace my wife have gone to eat for a romantic evening can also be a nice place to eat with our daugter.

CAPTAIN HOOK

The Rose and Crown is a good place. They won't guarantee or let you book an outside table - you're seated wherever becomes available - its the luck of the draw

DisneyMarg

And, if you book Rose and Crown at fireworks time and don't get seated where you can see the fireworks you won't see them. So you will want to factor that in.

We had a nice view of Wishes from Ohana one night, but same story there - no guarantee and hard to see if you're on the wrong side of the room.

We've taken the approach that if we want to see the fireworks, we stake out a spot and see them. Otherwise, it's just a magical coincidence if we get to see them while dining one night.

davinakb

Bistro de Paris (not on DDP) upstairs in France or the bar upstairs in Japan will have a view of the fireworks, but you may not be sat near a window. Everything else in EPCOT is either indoors, or blocked by trees/crowds. You're probably better off eating a bit earlier wherever you want, then finding a place outside around the lagoon to catch Illuminations.

For Wishes, CG and Narcoosees view the fireworks but are 2 credit DDP. I know CG plays the music, and even if you're not near a window, they'll dim the lights a bit and there is a nice rooftop patio outside to watch the show. FWIW.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom