The Carousel of Progress?

WLF219

Original Poster
I have a trip booked to Disney for Jan 19-Jan 27.

I was so excited to show my husband (he's never been to disney before!) the Carousel of Progress but when i looked at the brochures we most recently got in the mail, it wasn't on there!

Is this ride open - I can't tell, i've searched everywhere online.

Thank you!

goofyfamily

I don't know if this helps but we were there the first week of October and it was there. We did do it then I don;t know if anything has changed since then.

I have a trip booked to Disney for Jan 19-Jan 27.

I was so excited to show my husband (he's never been to disney before!) the Carousel of Progress but when i looked at the brochures we most recently got in the mail, it wasn't on there!

Is this ride open - I can't tell, i've searched everywhere online.

Thank you!

COP has been removed from the park maps in recent years, but will appear on the Times Guide if/when it is open.

DisneyGirl11

I once heard that they might take that ride out. I hope they don't because I love that ride. I can't believe it's not on the park map. I went in Dec 05, I'm not sure if it was on the map then or not. :confused:

toadh63

COP was open last Thursday starting a couple of hours after the gates opened, and it was on the park map. It's been open daily for quite awhile now - maybe since Timekeeper/Laugh Factory has been closed.

Disneyfanman

When we were there in October, it opened late but stayed open until close! It was also working perfectly! Very cool to still see it in operation. It's one of the attractions that we most look forward to every time we go to the world.

RonAnnArbor

COP is permanently open. There are no current plans to close it at any time despite all kinds of wild rumors flying around online here and in other forums.

It is on the current park map, and it is running daily. It has been removed from Seasonal Status for at least two years now.

COP is permanently open. There are no current plans to close it at any time despite all kinds of wild rumors flying around online here and in other forums.

It is on the current park map, and it is running daily. It has been removed from Seasonal Status for at least two years now.

Once Laugh Factory opens I would expect to see it back on Seasonal Status for now.

They won't be closing it down totally or tearing it out since they spent mucho bucks not to long ago to repair the rotating theatre.

MissM

Despite being formally listed as "seasonal," it's been open every, single day (but a couple for a theater update) for about two years now.
-m

manda_01

I could be wrong, *someone correct me if I am*, but I think that COP was the one attraction that Walt himself always wanted open. I don't think they will ever remove it permanently.

the-reason14

Thats great news. I noticed that through my trips, its always seemed to be open.

jcldtrek

Yeah COP has been open everyday now i believe for 2 yrs str8. everytime iv been there it seems to get a good crowd. Not bad for a ride no longer on the map :sohappy:

Rob562

They often omit things on promo maps.
If you're referring to the maps in the current vacation planning DVD, note that Snow White isn't listed, either. I doubt it's going away anytime soon.
In last year's DVD maps, the Country Bear Jamboree wasn't marked, either.

In Epcot, the Land pavilion lists Living with the Land but not Circle of Life.
In the Studios, One Man's Dream isn't listed, but it's probably not going anywhere for a while.

-Rob

Lee

Adventurer
I could be wrong, *someone correct me if I am*, but I think that COP was the one attraction that Walt himself always wanted open. I don't think they will ever remove it permanently.

Wrong.
Walt never said anything of the sort.
CoP's time has come and gone. It needs to be totally updated or removed.

dreamscometrue

A coworker of mine just returned from WDW and brought me several 'Guidemaps'. I am presently looking at C.O.P. as #43 on the MK map (the one with Jack Sparrow and POTC on the front).

During our last trip I experienced C.O.P. for the first time. My wife said she remembered it fondly from her trip as a kid in 1979 and wanted to check it out. We somewhat reluctently went in, and our entire family loved it! With it's connection to Walt and the 1964 World's Fair, I hope it always remains at WDW and continues to get decent crowds.

iheartdisney91

well ok here is my theory the carosel was walts invention and he brought it to the worlds fair, if its originally built by walt they will keep it up and going(like the jungle cruise and the tiki room)... if not then disney has major problems...:wave:

side note to lee, no offence but i think it would be a sin to remove it.

imamouse

They did away with CoP at DL years ago, so it's possible that the same could happen to the WDW CoP at some point. Note that I do NOT have any inside information ragarding this - I am just pointing out that since they did away with one, they could do away with the other.

Ralphlaw

COP was open last November, and my 7 year old loved it. I didn't hate it, but it certainly was not up to the usual Disney standards. Of course, we also think Tiki, Country Bears, and Jungle Cruise are nostalgic throwbacks which most (but not all) visitors are disappointed with. The question becomes one of balancing between the old favorites and the more cutting edge attractions. Personally, I would do a major rehab of COP and Jungle Cruise, and dump Country Bears and TIKI.

That's just my opinion, and they shouldn't be closed until something good comes is develpoed to replace them.

justducky78

I love the COP and I truly hope they never remove it. It's such a classic attraction and yes, it may be old, but that's what makes it so great! I gives me the tingles every time I hear that song "It's a great big beautfiful tommorow!"

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom