Splash Mountain Rehab

Space Mountain

Original Poster
On the 4th, I checked out Magic Kingdom and took a look at Splash Mountain. They are obviously trying to cover as much as possible; everyone was stopping to take pictures of the track and ride without water.
Some things I noticed...

• Work has already begun
  • Workers are repainting the roofs by the exit
  • All windows by the railroad are covered
  • All lifts are covered
  • Top of drop is blocked off
  • Bottom of drop is covered
  • New lift parts are waiting to be installed
( Pictures will be added tonight (01/05) )

IWalt

Thank You

:sohappy:
On the 4th, I checked out Magic Kingdom and took a look at Splash Mountain. They are obviously trying to cover as much as possible; everyone was stopping to take pictures of the track and ride without water.
Some things I noticed...

• Work has already begun
  • Workers are repainting the roofs by the exit
  • All windows by the railroad are covered
  • All lifts are covered
  • Top of drop is blocked off
  • Bottom of drop is covered
  • New lift parts are waiting to be installed
( Pictures will be added tonight (01/05) )

Thank you for the info. Can't wait for the photos.

napnet

Hrm, sounds like they could be doing a lot more than I originally thought... good thing, it needed some TLC!

MeTa

Does this mean that all the animatronics will work next time I go, it seems everytime I go that there are a few that just cant remember the song to sing and sit there with that dumb stare on thier face.

Tinkwings

Pfizered Fairy
Premium Member
In the Parks
No
We are just hoping with all our might that they run on schedule and open back up on the date proposed...27 or 29th? MK is just not the same without multiple Splashdowns...DRY IS NOT AN OPTION!!!!!!:D

Captain Barbosa

I rode Splash Mountain on December 28th, or maybe it was the 29th, I don't remember. But a lot of things seemed to be working fine, but there were a few things that didn't do anything. I'm a little bummed they decided to do the rehab now as I only got to ride SM once on my trip to WDW. I'm hear until Jan 10th so I'll also try to get some pics and post them on here.

Rockin Roller

Does anyone have pictures of the old entrance for splash mountain. The old entrance was out on that bridge our something and you would walk down behind brer frog and stuff. It was a long time ago though

Tinkwings

Pfizered Fairy
Premium Member
In the Parks
No
Last February when we were there everytime we went on Splash Mtn. Brer Fox and Brer Bear were causing some commotion upstream and we sat....multiple times each ride. Never remember that happening in previous trips.....so looks like they have much to work on....will be there when it is supposed to reopen. Also, last year it was really warm in the 80's and the splash was not going over the bridge any of the days during the week we were there....Has anyone witnessed this working past few months?:animwink:

the-reason14

Does this mean that all the animatronics will work next time I go, it seems everytime I go that there are a few that just cant remember the song to sing and sit there with that dumb stare on thier face.

Also notice that some of the animatronics probably need new fur. I noticed that on my last trip on some of the brer rabbits. Also some idiot riders had stuck plenty of gum on the frogs in the opening "How do you do" scene.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
I agree, there was a lot of gum and other miscellaneous crud built up on parts of the ride. I hope it gets cleaned up, and that the people responsible will refrain from depositing gum on the ride in the future.

I'm just hoping it opens before the 23rd :D

Pabgo

Yay! Maybe all the AA's will work (or actually be there)! The jumping Brer Rabbit wasn't there last time I rode

elle72688

Does anyone have pictures of the old entrance for splash mountain. The old entrance was out on that bridge our something and you would walk down behind brer frog and stuff. It was a long time ago though

I would love to see those too if anyone has any. I remember using that entrance in 95. It was on the left side at the end of the bridge.

Last February when we were there everytime we went on Splash Mtn. Brer Fox and Brer Bear were causing some commotion upstream and we sat....multiple times each ride. Never remember that happening in previous trips.....so looks like they have much to work on....will be there when it is supposed to reopen. Also, last year it was really warm in the 80's and the splash was not going over the bridge any of the days during the week we were there....Has anyone witnessed this working past few months?:animwink:

More than likely that is caused by people being slow getting into or getting out of their logs. Or the cast members being slow and not pushing buttons fast enough. Prolly a mixture of both.

Space Mountain

Original Poster
IMG_0446.jpg

IMG_0445.jpg

IMG_0438.jpg

IMG_0435.jpg

IMG_0434.jpg

IMG_0437.jpg

IMG_0557.jpg

IMG_0517.jpg

IMG_0519.jpg

IMG_0523.jpg

Space Mountain

Original Poster
I rode Splash Mountain on December 28th, or maybe it was the 29th, I don't remember. But a lot of things seemed to be working fine, but there were a few things that didn't do anything. I'm a little bummed they decided to do the rehab now as I only got to ride SM once on my trip to WDW. I'm hear until Jan 10th so I'll also try to get some pics and post them on here.

Splash was having some problems on the night of the 1st..lots of AA's did not work, motions between two AA's timings were off (such as the gator pulling brer fox's tail), and the lifts were very noisy.

And then CMs decided to take boats off while guests were on the ride and those block brakes hurt when you get shoved out of the water.

The water features were also already turned off from most of the ride by that night as well, which left me with only a few wet spots from drips.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom