Is there anywhere to eat that is open after the parks close?

ssidiouss@mac.c

Is there any good restaurant on property that is open late so you could eat there after Wishes or Illuminations etc?

For example, one time we went to the ESPN bar on the boardwalk after Illuminations which was pretty cool to hang out for awhile after the parks were closed.

crazydaveh

man... you neat me to it reptar 77!

Also, some resort restaurants are open later than the parks, check with the individual hotels upon your arrival.

Upvote 0
Most resort food courts have at least one station that is open until 12:00 AM, most if not all of the grills will close at 11:00 PM at the resorts. The 12:00 closer is usually the Italian station because you can get pizza there. You can also usually get room service pizza delivery until 12:00 am or sometimes 1:00 am depending on the resort. Most deluxe resorts off a food court that is open 24 hours with limited selections (no grill items) after 11:00 PM as well, but they still offer grab n go items (pre-made sandwiches, salads, bakery items and personal pizzas.)

Check at the park as well. When the Magic Kingdom closes, Casey's Corner on Main Street usually stays open up to 1 hour after the park closes so you can grab a bite to eat there as well, and the Main Street Bakery is usually open the same amount of time as well.

Upvote 0

Rob562

Another post-Illuminations/Fantasmic choice would be the Picabu Buffeteria (formerly Tubbi's) at the Dolphin. It's open 24 hours, and I got a really good chicken alfredo there close to 11PM one night.

I also suggest the take-out pizza window on the Boardwalk.

-Rob

Upvote 0

Anthony95

when i went... if we didn't eat by 12a at any of the hotels, we cabbed it to mcdonalds.

lesson learned: if you're a late night person or late night eater (like my family is) rent a car so you won't suffer the cab fare to mcdonalds or you can go off property to an all nighter or late night restaurant.

that was one of the drawbacks for us. we were use to leaving disneyland and hitting up a late night/all night spot in the area. not disney world. i felt like i was on punishment! lol

i think they would benefit grately if they had AT LEAST room service 24 hours a day if not one restaurant on the whole property open 'only' during late hours.

i guess they were trying to make sure we took our hyper behinds back to our room to rest up for the next day! they can't make any money if we're up all night and sleeping in the day! (like we do in vegas!) lol

*** added note ***

I just read on a wdw news entry from april 2006 that Picabu in the Dolphin is open 24 hours. again you'll have to drive there or cab it cause wdw buses shuts down after a certain time.

I also just notice on the disney site the deluxe hotels offer 24 hour room service (see my next thread)

Upvote 0
when i went... if we didn't eat by 12a at any of the hotels, we cabbed it to mcdonalds.

lesson learned: if you're a late night person or late night eater (like my family is) rent a car so you won't suffer the cab fare to mcdonalds or you can go off property to an all nighter or late night restaurant.

that was one of the drawbacks for us. we were use to leaving disneyland and hitting up a late night/all night spot in the area. not disney world. i felt like i was on punishment! lol

i think they would benefit grately if they had AT LEAST room service 24 hours a day if not one restaurant on the whole property open 'only' during late hours.

i guess they were trying to make sure we took our hyper behinds back to our room to rest up for the next day! they can't make any money if we're up all night and sleeping in the day! (like we do in vegas!) lol

*** added note ***

I just read on a wdw news entry from april 2006 that Picabu in the Dolphin is open 24 hours. again you'll have to drive there or cab it cause wdw buses shuts down after a certain time.

I also just notice on the disney site the deluxe hotels offer 24 hour room service (see my next thread)
Another option if you are without a car is Domino's pizza which will deliver, its not great pizza but it is better than the Disney pizza at a fraction of the price disney charges.

The only problem is that Disney doesn't want you to use them at the higher end resorts so if you are in the Contemporary you will have to meet the driver in the lobby but if you are in the moderate or value they can deliver to your room. The one you want to use is (407) 239-1221 (to save you trying to figure out which one of the many will actually deliver, this was the one we used at Contemporary and Carribean Beach).

Upvote 0

lilclerk

Another option if you are without a car is Domino's pizza which will deliver, its not great pizza but it is better than the Disney pizza at a fraction of the price disney charges.

The only problem is that Disney doesn't want you to use them at the higher end resorts so if you are in the Contemporary you will have to meet the driver in the lobby but if you are in the moderate or value they can deliver to your room. The one you want to use is (407) 239-1221 (to save you trying to figure out which one of the many will actually deliver, this was the one we used at Contemporary and Carribean Beach).

:slurp: That is spectacular! I love Dominos, and was dreading having to eat Disney pizza. I'm not exactly a fan of it. =\

Upvote 0

Zummi Gummi

Pioneering the Universe Within!
Just so you know though....expect a bit of a wait (though at that late hour, perhaps not).

We ordered Domino's one evening, for a quick dinner before going back into the park. It took the pizza an hour and twenty minutes to arrive (the driver claimed he couldn't find POFQ). Needless to say, there was nothing "quick" about this dinner!

Upvote 0

Anthony95

thanks Deadmanwalking. i will keep that in mind. there were two nights i cabbed it to mcdonalds from akl, $17 round trip each way plus food costs. we could have saved the cab fair if we used dominoes. (we're used to dominoes here in cali).

Upvote 0

westie

We have stayed at the Dolphin several times because of Tubbies or whatever they call it now. Being from the westcoast, we are just getting warmed up when everything is closing down at midnight (9 pm to us) so, we would end up here at the end of every night. Not always a lot of choices late night but, very satisfying when you don't want to go to bed hungry.

Upvote 0

Anthony95

SIDE TRACK:

Westie... you feel me on the late night? lol... I thought we were wierd or something. It seemed like everyone went to bed right at midnight! We even went to the pool at AKL at 3am when we found out it stays open 24 hours. there was virtually no one there. i think i counted, including my family, 15 peoples top in the whole pool area. we're use to pools shutting down at 10 or 11 or even 12 - but 24 hours? i was in heaven - and i don't even swim! i just like kicking my legs in the water and not freezing!

Upvote 0
Just so you know though....expect a bit of a wait (though at that late hour, perhaps not).

We ordered Domino's one evening, for a quick dinner before going back into the park. It took the pizza an hour and twenty minutes to arrive (the driver claimed he couldn't find POFQ). Needless to say, there was nothing "quick" about this dinner!

I've used them at Contemporary it took about 30 minutes... At CBR it was closer to 45.

Upvote 0

Rob562

I wouldn't necessarily say that Disney discourages people from using off-site delivery places. In fact, a little-known tip is that if you dial "0" on your room phone, the main switchboard operator will connect you to Domino's or Pizza Hut for free (you don't even pay the 75 cents local call fee)! There may be other places, but those are the only two I know off the top of my head.

-Rob

Upvote 0
I wouldn't necessarily say that Disney discourages people from using off-site delivery places. In fact, a little-known tip is that if you dial "0" on your room phone, the main switchboard operator will connect you to Domino's or Pizza Hut for free (you don't even pay the 75 cents local call fee)! There may be other places, but those are the only two I know off the top of my head.

-Rob

Well considering when at the Contemporary not only did we have to meet the delivery guy in the lobby but also had to provide dominos with our cell phone number instead of the room number because the disney jerks made it difficult for the drivers to contact us through the hotel phones... I would say they do almost everything they can to discourage it... And if the operator will connect you for free then I'd say she is probably breaking disney's rules. The last time I stayed there I was even getting hit for 75 cents to dial a 800 number.

Upvote 0

Zummi Gummi

Pioneering the Universe Within!

I would guess that is because the Values and Moderates have the exterior doors, whereas the higher end resorts have the interior doors.

Upvote 0
The last time I stayed there I was even getting hit for 75 cents to dial a 800 number.

You will get hit for that, however, if you're calling anywhere on Disney property or a Disney related service such as Magical Express, just hit 0 and ask the operator to connect you and you won't be charged at all.

Before Disney started Magical Express (a sub-division of Mears) if you hit 0 and asked for Mears back when they did all of Disney's transportation you were connected free of charge as well.

You used to be able to call 800 numbers for free from the "house" phones that were around at the resorts but I believe they have blocked it on them now.

Upvote 0

Rob562

And if the operator will connect you for free then I'd say she is probably breaking disney's rules. The last time I stayed there I was even getting hit for 75 cents to dial a 800 number.

My tip came from the AllEars website, and was written by a CM who works the main switchboard, so I'm going to hazzard a guess that it's Disney policy. As for the 800 numbers, those charges are clearly outlined on the list of phone charges posted in the room.

-Rob

Upvote 0
My tip came from the AllEars website, and was written by a CM who works the main switchboard, so I'm going to hazzard a guess that it's Disney policy. As for the 800 numbers, those charges are clearly outlined on the list of phone charges posted in the room.

-Rob

Never said I didn't expect to get ripped for the 800 numbers. I just think it is pathetic that at such high prices they want to nickle and dime you over 800 numbers. I guess if they could charge for oxygen in the hotels they would.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom