Trip 21-2/9 IM WORRIED!

Disneysue

In the Parks
No
I keep reading that everything is sold out for first part of Feb. My very first trip is 2/1-2/9 and those dates were carefully selected. I thought that was a low travel time for WDW. What is going on that week that would cause it to be sold out? Or am I just reading things wrong?

Mori Anne

In the Parks
No
I just checked those dates using the Walt Disney World online reservations and Pop Century had Standard Rooms available, and so did the All Stars Sports, in addition to others. If you are worried than make your reservations first thing, ASAP. Contact Kingdom Konsultants (You can find their link on this website). Plus even if things were sold out, many people cancel all the time.

Upvote 0

Disneysue

Original Poster
In the Parks
No
Reservations for everything (resort,dinners, shows,) have laready been made. Im just wondering if its going to be mega crowded now?

Upvote 0

dreamscometrue

Reservations for everything (resort,dinners, shows,) have laready been made. Im just wondering if its going to be mega crowded now?

I wouldn't worry about the crowds. The only time we visit WDW is during Christmas and summer. Those are peak crowd times and we've always been able to do a ton of stuff by following a few simple rules. Get to the parks early (opening), go back and stay late, use fastpasses and make dining reservations for your favorite places in advance. Never let crowds keep you away. I love the energy of a crowded WDW. Enjoy!

Upvote 0

scubaguy

Early February is normally not a particularly busy time. You can go to touring plans.com and click on crowd calendar to get their crowd prediction for that time of year. It's not infallable, but I've always found it to be pretty accurate. Have fun!

Upvote 0

Moustronaut

Where ??

If the week that you've chosen is "low" then it cannot be sold out - phone reservations and put the worry to bed

For whatever reason, this seems to happen if you are booking in advance. Two years ago we tried to book a trip for late Jan around the end of November. Everything was booked. Even had my CM friend at the reservations center (what CRO is called now) and she couldn't find us a room. So we booked off-sight.

Then, right after Christmas, everything had rooms available. So we cancled our off-site and ended up at Riverside.

I've read a few other accounts of similar things happening to other on this site. I don't know if that's because they sell large blocks of rooms to the travel websites that then come back to Disney if not used by a certain time or if Disney holds rooms until a certain time before your trip.

So my advice is keep checking. Things may open up the closer you get to your trip time.

Upvote 0

mouselvrmom

We have gone the last two years in early February and never ran into much of a problem with crowds. Last year there was a cheerleader thing when we went & it did make the lines for rockin rollercoaster and tower of terror long, but other than that it was really not too bad. A lot of rides were walk ons.

Upvote 0

Yanks07

I keep reading that everything is sold out for first part of Feb. My very first trip is 2/1-2/9 and those dates were carefully selected. I thought that was a low travel time for WDW. What is going on that week that would cause it to be sold out? Or am I just reading things wrong?
Hey D-Sue, Our family has been the last 5 yrs. between the 1st. week of Feb. and the 3rd week of Feb. Last year we were down 2/3-2/14 and found light crowds. The only activity I recall was a cheerleading comp. which I'm sure ate up a lot of the Value's. Try a mod. if you can swing it. Have fun

Upvote 0

lilclerk

Hey, I'll be there at the same time =) I'm sure it'll be fine. According to the Disney website, all of the Moderate hotels are sold out, but you can still find rooms in all of the deluxe and value resorts. And if you call in, there might be rooms available for call-in reservations.
The last time I went was mid-February of '03, during the music festival, and the place was packed with teenagers. Yet most of the rides were still either walk-on or had completely bearable wait times. And we (at least, the kids from my school) were polite artsy teenagers =P

I'm sure we'll all still have a magical trip! :sohappy:

Upvote 0

tink rules

I heard from people who did the Pop warner that Disney blocked out rooms for families and such that may have also wanted to book to be there with their kids, etc.

If that's the case... call reservations and see what they say.

If it's just the competition, then most of them will be wherever the event is being held, although you will find them in the parks also (traveling in groups... cheering all the way!!!)

Good luck

Upvote 0

surfsupdon

I wouldn't worry about the crowds. The only time we visit WDW is during Christmas and summer. Those are peak crowd times and we've always been able to do a ton of stuff by following a few simple rules. Get to the parks early (opening), go back and stay late, use fastpasses and make dining reservations for your favorite places in advance. Never let crowds keep you away. I love the energy of a crowded WDW. Enjoy!

PERFECTLY executed statement. As a traditional Christmas, New Years, July 4th, and Easter vacationer, I echo those sentiments. WDW in May of 2005 seemed so lackluster. It wasn't high energy. It was calm, which is nice. But we are not used to that, and it felt like something was missing. Crazy, I know.

Upvote 0

dreamscometrue

PERFECTLY executed statement. As a traditional Christmas, New Years, July 4th, and Easter vacationer, I echo those sentiments. WDW in May of 2005 seemed so lackluster. It wasn't high energy. It was calm, which is nice. But we are not used to that, and it felt like something was missing. Crazy, I know.

Thanks for the compliment. We have thought about maybe going to WDW at a less crowded time, if we can arrange to, but we are actually 'afraid' that with a lot fewer people it wouldn't be quite as fun. Since all we've ever known is peak times, we enjoy that immensely. BTW, to the OP, we have never waited more than 15-20 min. for any attraction, and typically it's 15 min. max. We do the early a.m./late p.m. thing and use fastpasses. I know that we do more in 10 day trips than some of our friends do in 14 days. I'm sure they spend more than 4 days in total waiting in queues. :)

Upvote 0

FantasMickeyM

I'm a new member (first post), so HELLO everyone :wave:

I'm going at the same time as you, and it's usually one of the quietest time of the year. Also, the Disney Parks have less visitors now than during The Happies Celebration anniversary year anyway. Would be surprised if it'll be busy!

Everyone who's going late Jan./early Feb, which hotel will you be staying at?

Have a great trip everyone and a Merry Christmas :xmas:

Upvote 0

FantasMickeyM

Welcome to the boards! :wave:
I'm staying at ASMovies. What about you?

I'm staying at ASMovies too! I'm going with my husband. (Yeah I know I'm called "FantasMICKEYm", but I am a girl.) Have you stayed at ASM before? We've only stayed at Animal Kingdom Lodge, that was just amazing.. But as we don't intend to spend much time at the hotel anyway I hope ASM will be good too:king:

Upvote 0

hrcollectibles

My gf and are are taking our first disney trip together that same time .. Feb 4th - 7th. Staying at asmusic/ She has never seen Phantasmic or Cirque so we are going to see Fantasmic on Sunday then Tuesday nite Cirque oh and Monday night the Pirates and princess thing at Disney :)

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom