Disney Dollars

One Lil Spark

EPCOT Center Defender
I think they're doing some kind of plastic debit card type thing now. You may want to do a search because I know this was talked about no more than a month ago in general discussion. Sorry I don't know the exact details. :wave:

Upvote 0

Jessie&Buzz

My daughter has some Disney Dollars to use next week. I was just in the Disney Store the other day (getting my fix! :lol: ) and they were selling them to someone.

Upvote 0

Tiggerfanatic

Yes, Disney dollars are still available - we saw several people using them last week. The Diseny gift cards are handy, too, just remeber that the cards are only good at Disney, while any unused dollars can be exchanged again for real money.

Upvote 0

campdisney

Also, be aware that only certain places in Downtown Disney will accept Disney Dollars/Gift Cards. I've been looking online for an inclusive listing of which places do and which places don't -- but so far no luck.

Upvote 0

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
Disney Dollars are available and are treated the same as cash on Disney property. I don't know if that applies at the Disney store(s) at MCO.

Upvote 0

hansel1

I emailed disney a few weeks ago about these. Here is the response I recieved:

Dear Hans,
Thank you for contacting the Walt Disney World Resort.
Disney Dollars are the official currency of Walt Disney World Resort, Disneyland, and the Disney Stores and are accepted like cash at Disney Theme Parks, Walt Disney World owned resorts, Disney Stores and even aboard the Disney Cruise Line ships! You can purchase Disney Dollars at Downtown Disney Guest Services, Disney Resort Guest Services, Theme Parks and Disney Stores. Please call ahead to be certain your Disney Store has them in stock.
Although it is not possible to buy Disney Dollars online or by phone, they may be ordered by writing:
Walt Disney World Ticketing Fulfillment Post Office Box 10140 Lake Buena Vista, FL 32830
Please indicate the number of each denomination desired, and include a money order made payable to: Walt Disney World Company
Include with the total amount $10 for express delivery (5 to 7 business days; not available for orders overseas). Please note a maximum $650 limit on each Disney Dollar order.
If you have questions or need further assistance, feel free to contact us.
Please include your full name, E-Mail address, and reservation number if applicable on all correspondence.
Thank you!
Sincerely,
Peggy Bishop
WDW Online Communications
PLEASE NOTE: All information is subject to change without notice and should be confirmed just prior to your visit.

Upvote 0

slappy magoo

When it comes to getting Disney Dollars, especially outside of WDW, I suspect they're trying to entice people to buy the gift cards over the paper dollars. Cheaper to produce, harder to counterfeit and easier for the customer to lose :lookaroun To that end, I'd probably suggest, if you're buying their cards, to buy at least a few of them, so if one card is lost, all that money isn't lost with it. Bear in mind, I haven't seen the cards yet, and hopefully, there's some kind of code on it you can write down. This way, if you do lose it, they have a way of canceling it and transferring your money onto a different card.

Months before my wife and I go to WDW, we make weekly trips to our local Disney store and pick up Disney Dollars to use on the trip. It might sound silly, but this way, we don't feel a financial pinch during the trip itself because we've saved so much in the months prior, and because it's Disney Dollars instead of cash lying around the house, it's that much harder to spend on anything else. Only problem is, our local Disney store started getting fewer and fewer DD in, which is why I suspect they're trying to switch consumers over to the cards, by making DD a little more scarce.

Upvote 0

KKnopf

You can get Disney Dollars at the Disney store.... I bought a bunch of ones and some fives... I would use them as rewards for my two girls (5 & 9) They would each get $1 for reading for 15 minutes each night and the $5 were given out for helping Mom with extra chores and being really good and being nice (to each other and especially others) also earned them rewards... Now that we are going they each have their own spending money to use as they wish...:)

I can't wait 3 more days:sohappy:

Upvote 0

Rob562

To that end, I'd probably suggest, if you're buying their cards, to buy at least a few of them, so if one card is lost, all that money isn't lost with it. Bear in mind, I haven't seen the cards yet, and hopefully, there's some kind of code on it you can write down. This way, if you do lose it, they have a way of canceling it and transferring your money onto a different card.

From the FAQ at the Disney Gift Card website (www.disneygiftcard.com):

Q: What should I do if my Disney Gift Card is lost or stolen?
A: Promptly call 1-877-650-4327 to report the card lost or stolen. Your Disney Gift Card will be 'frozen' and funds remaining on the card (at the time of the call) can be transferred onto a new card. An original proof of purchase receipt for the Disney Gift Card is required to transfer the funds onto a new Disney Gift Card.

-Rob

Upvote 0

PinMadness

Also, be aware that only certain places in Downtown Disney will accept Disney Dollars/Gift Cards. I've been looking online for an inclusive listing of which places do and which places don't -- but so far no luck.

The places at Downtown Disney that won't accept Disney Dollars/Gift Cards would be places like Virgin Megastore, Hoi Poloi, Wolfgang Puck's, Earl of Sandwich, Rainforest Cafe, Starbillias, etc. Any place that isn't actually owned by Disney won't accept them.

However....
The World of Disney
Summer Sands
Team Mickey
Once Upon A Toy
Pin Traders
Pooh Corner
Goofy's Candy Store (forgot the name of it)
Art of Disney
Wonderful World of Memories

DO accept Disney Dollars/Gift Cards.

Upvote 0

Pluto_is_my_fav

We are heading down for a week on Sunday and I just picked up the last of my Disney Dollars. Since October '05, when we were last in Disney, I've been saving coins and cashing in my Disney rewards points. Even though the rewards points are put on a debit card, I use the debit card to buy the Disney Dollars. It really does give me a feeling that when I go down to the World, I've completely paid for the trip. Plus, come on, how cool is a $5 bill wit Stitch on it?

One tip---get them in small denominations. Change is generally given in "real" currency, which I think defeats the purpose.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom