My Bon Voyage Hoopla

ZambeziZelda

Original Poster
So, as I mentioned down in the employment forum, I was terminated yesterday. The Adventurers Club is pretty much the love of my life, so I knew I had to go one last time before flying home to Seattle tonight. Quite a few of my coworkers and friends accompanied me, including Rob.

During the evening, I was torn between wanting to cry and just wanting to forget everything and enjoy myself. Rob was acting a little sketchy during the beginning of the evening, doing things like chasing managers around and sending me to the corner so he could talk to my friends. I dismissed this as just being Rob (for those of you who know him, you know he's a little kooky ;))

I took a plethora of pictures, doing things I normally wouldn't do (sitting up and fondling Zues's leg, standing on a chair for a picture with the Colonel, running up to the Adventurers for pictures, etc) It was my last night for who knows how long, and I wanted to remember it.

I was incredibly pleased to see that Otis T. Wren, Hathaway Browne, Emil Bleehal, Samantha Sterling, and Pamelia Perkins were played by some of my very favorite Cast Members. It was an excellent Cast overall, and there were only a few people missing who I would have liked to see one last time.

For the Hoopla, I snagged my very favorite seat (the middle left table in the front row, the right front seat), and prepared myself for my very last show. I admit, I teared up before it started, but I managed to compose myself so I could jump up and take a picture with Hathaway, and then run over to Otis (who was sitting at a table) and get my picture with him as well.

Samantha sang the opening song for the Hoopla, and then, instead of turning the mike over immediately, she said "Tonight we have some very sad news. I've been informed that this is one of our fellow Adventurer's last night here, and we'd like to say goodbye." She then pulled me up and had me sit on the stage. The entire cast came up and gathered around me, and I was severely trying not to bawl while Rob and Meagan took pictures.

They then handed me a copy of the Club Creed, an autographed Cast Photo (both of which are being framed as soon as I'm in Seattle), and an official Adventurers Club Member pin. I pretty much lost it, I was trying so hard not to openly sob at that point.

I returned to my seat, and the Hoopla commenced. Hathaway sang "That's Amore", which is my favorite Hathaway song, and I haven't heard it in forever. At the end of his song, he came over to me in that dashing, Hathaway Browne way of his, and (tried) to prop his leg up on my chair so he could sing to me.

It was the very best Hoopla I have ever experienced, and I know that they'll never be able to top it in my book. I want to thank Rob, who made it happen. You're my crazy, Floridian big brother, and I love you to death. I'd also like to thank the cast. They are Disney Magic in my book.

Keep Adventuring and Kungaloosh!

maggiegrace1

AWWW..Thats so great Taryn!!!
Im glad you had a great last night!!..
Rob is AMAZING!!!..I love him!!..
You will be back HOME soon where you were meant to be......For right now its Disney's loss...
Have a safe trip home and we will talk to you soon!!..

Happy Thanksgiving love!!

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
How totallly awesome! Thats why I love the AC. The castmembers there really look like they enjoy what they are doing and succeed in making lasting memories.

Post pics when you get a chance:sohappy:

metscool

Wow Taryn. I really wish that I was there, I wish that I could of said good bye. You will be missed. I was about to cry when I started to read it. I will miss you. Tell me when you are coming down again. Your number will always be in my phone.

mkt

When a paradise is lost go straight to Disney™
Premium Member
I just got back from dropping off Taryn at the airport. I was able to get a gate pass to take her to the gate, and it was a pretty solemn day :( We had a cheeseburger thanksgiving with a pair of Continental airlines pilots and off we were.

It was a privilege to call you a friend Taryn. See you in 6 months or less :)

metscool

It was a privilege to call you a friend Taryn. See you in 6 months or less :)
Me too Rob. I wish I was there to say good bye. My mother saud that if I wanted to go and say good bye to her I could leave and go down from Jacksonville and I told her that she was leave at 3 and that if I left I would :cry: and there was no way that when I left at 1 that I would be able to say good bye. I will miss her.

DznyGrlSD

In the Parks
Yes
I'm jealous!! I never got a send-off like that when I was a CPer. I spent almost every night in that darn club!! LoL!! Glad you had a great last night despite getting termed. And yes...post pics ASAP!

metscool

I'm jealous!! I never got a send-off like that when I was a CPer. I spent almost every night in that darn club!! LoL!! Glad you had a great last night despite getting termed. And yes...post pics ASAP!
They all knew her and they know me because I wear the same hat there every night. When I went to there on Hollween and I did not wear my hat all of them asked where my hat was. Taryn was always there and my favorite Emil knows me by my name not by my hat. I also think that Rob must have something to do with it. I thought I heard that Rob knows one of the Cast of the show. And one of Taryn friends(my girlfriend if it wasn't for her I would never met her) said that one of them was there that I think that Rob knows.

mkt

Premium Member
I also think that Rob must have something to do with it. I thought I heard that Rob knows one of the Cast of the show. And one of Taryn friends(my girlfriend if it wasn't for her I would never met her) said that one of them was there that I think that Rob knows.

I know people who have pull to get stuff done :)

Lets leave it at that

mkt

Premium Member
One lil' bit of trivia. The last song of the night was not "When the Saints Go Marching In," but rather Close to You by the Carpenters. It was one of the funniest things I've ever encountered at the Adventurers Club

DznyGrlSD

In the Parks
Yes
They all knew her and they know me because I wear the same hat there every night. When I went to there on Hollween and I did not wear my hat all of them asked where my hat was. Taryn was always there and my favorite Emil knows me by my name not by my hat. I also think that Rob must have something to do with it. I thought I heard that Rob knows one of the Cast of the show. And one of Taryn friends(my girlfriend if it wasn't for her I would never met her) said that one of them was there that I think that Rob knows.

I know most of the cast ouside of the club, or I should say I KNEW most of the cast (back in 2004). But they all know I don't like to be the center of attention so in a way, I'm glad I didn't get a big send-off. Still a great 'magical moment' though Taryn!

OmegaKnight

OMG...that was the same hoopla when I was called onto stage by the performers. They even played the monorail spiel for me and everything when they found out where I worked.

ZambeziZelda

Original Poster
OMG...that was the same hoopla when I was called onto stage by the performers. They even played the monorail spiel for me and everything when they found out where I worked.

Are you serious?! I totally remember you!!

Thanks for the pics, Rob :) I hope you all appreciate the second-to-last one, where I'm pretty much trying not to bawl :rolleyes:

I just got the pictures from my camera developed, and while the quality is kind of crappy, I have some good ones too. I'll post them up as soon as I've finished fiddling around with the sizing

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
Are you serious?! I totally remember you!!

Thanks for the pics, Rob :) I hope you all appreciate the second-to-last one, where I'm pretty much trying not to bawl :rolleyes:

I just got the pictures from my camera developed, and while the quality is kind of crappy, I have some good ones too. I'll post them up as soon as I've finished fiddling around with the sizing

Hi, Taryn

Hope all is well now that your back with your family. :wave:

Quick, you need to post something, as you now have 666 posts! :lol:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom