Main Street Electrical Parade DreamLights

mharrington

Original Poster
As part of my improving of WDW's Magic Kingdom, I've added this, a brand-new (for WDW, that is) parade to replace SpectroMagic. This parade is based on a tried-n-true classic, the Main Street Electrical Parade.

It will also be inspired by the current nighttime parade at Tokyo Disneyland. Featuring Disney characters and over one million lights, the night parade is filled with scenes inspired by popular Disney animated films. Following the appearance of Mickey and Minnie near the front of the 750-meter parade, Guests are treated to spectacular sights based on scenes from Alice In Wonderland, Pinocchio, A Bug's Life, and Beauty and the Beast. Favorites from the original "Main Street Electrical Parade" are back, too, and brighter than ever. Let the night parade be another great memory of your visit to the Magic Kingdom at Walt Disney World. The parade is approximately 750 meters in length and comprised of 14 sections. After the obligatory intro music, you hear the computerized announcer say:

"Ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls, Walt Disney World proudly presents our most spectacular pageant of nighttime dreams and fantasy in millions of sparkling lights and brilliant musical sounds, the Main Street Electrical Parade DreamLights!"

Then the lights go out, but instead of going out all at once, they go out in a rhythmic way. They die down to the rhythm of the music. This first post will tell about the first wave of floats, complete with respective music.

1. INTRO
Floats
  1. BLUE FAIRY: The beauty and majesty of the Blue Fairy announces the parade's start.
  2. MICKEY'S DREAMLIGHTS TRAIN: Mickey and Minnie Mouse are aboard a steam locomotive driven by Goofy. Time your photo-taking well to capture the parade name when it appears on the giant drum.

Music
  1. Baroque Hoedown

2. ALICE IN WONDERLAND
Floats
  1. CHESHIRE CAT: The mysterious Cheshire Cat, with Alice atop waving to Guests. The unexpected and memorable lighting effects suit the Cheshire Cat perfectly. Following along behind the feline are the White Rabbit, the Queen of Hearts and some dancing flowers.
  2. LADYBUG: Beware of dizziness: The Lady Bug features a colorfully illuminated body that spins, spins and spins some more. The spots on her wings sport a special color.
  3. CATERPILLAR: The hookah-smoking Caterpillar turns and twists forward with his many bright legs and intricate patterns. He also blows smoke out into the crowd.
  4. MR. BUMBLEBEE: Mr. Bumblebee might simply tip his hat elsewhere, but here in Florida he properly greets Guests with a bow. Check out his wing's special lighting.
  5. MS. BUMBLEBEE: Ms. Bumblebee looks snazzy with her hat and heart-shaped necklace. Her wings feature their own special colors.

Music
  1. All In the Golden Afternoon
  2. The Unbirthday Song
  3. Alice In Wonderland
  4. The Caucus Race
  5. In a World of My Own
  6. 'Twas Brillig

3. SNOW WHITE AND THE SEVEN DWARFS
Floats
  1. SNOW WHITE: The fair maiden sits beneath a sparkling tree while singing "I'm Wishing" while surrounded by the friendly small animals of the forest.
  2. THE SEVEN DWARFS: All of the Dwarfs are riding aboard mining cars that shine with the luster of their bounty. Can you name each one?

Music
  1. With a Smile and a Song
  2. I'm Wishing
  3. Some Day My Prince Will Come
  4. Whistle While You Work
  5. The Silly Song
  6. Heigh-Ho

This is the first section of the parade. Look for the next wave to appear soon. Until then, let's discuss.

mharrington

Original Poster
Here's the next set of scenes...

4. PINOCCHIO
Floats
  1. UNDERWATER: Monstro the whale has swallowed Geppetto, but the whale holds his mouth wide open and Geppetto is standing there on a raft, surrounded by lots of undersea life.
  2. PLEASURE ISLAND: An island paradise for boys. Pinocchio is seen here sitting below a sparkling Ferris wheel and a smoking pipe. Surrounding him and his conscience, Jiminy Cricket, are a roller-coaster track and numerous lit-up sweets including twinkling cupcakes, sparkling lollipops and shimmering ice cream cones, not to mention a line of cigar-store Indians.

Music
  1. When You Wish Upon a Star
  2. Give a Little Whistle
  3. Little Wooden Head
  4. Hi-Diddle-Dee-Dee
  5. I've Got No Strings

5. PETE'S DRAGON
Float
  1. ELLIOT: Young Pete sits atop his friend, with whom only he can speak. Listen closely for their conversation, and look closely for the subtleties in the detailed lighting.

Music
  1. Brazzle Dazzle Day
  2. It's Not Easy

6. WINNIE THE POOH
Float
  1. POOH'S TREE: Winne the Pooh is swinging on a swing on a giant "hunny" tree, surrounded by all of his friends from the 100 Acre Wood. Honeybees dance and skate around this float.

Music
  1. Hip-Hip-Pooh-ray
  2. Up, Down and Touch the Ground
  3. Winnie the Pooh
  4. The Wonderful Thing About Tiggers

7. TOY STORY
Floats
  1. WOODY'S ROUNDUP: Woody and friends from Toy Story come a-ridin' through the Magic Kingdom to the sound of country music, with a whole heap o' flashing toys.
  2. BUZZ LIGHTYEAR: This Space Ranger is literally aboard a rocket pointed toward the final frontier. Alien acquaintances linger below as special lighting shows his rocket to be ready for blastoff.

Music
  1. Woody's Roundup
  2. You've Got a Friend In Me
  3. Buzz

8. BEAUTY AND THE BEAST
Floats
  1. DESSERT TRAYS: Mounds of ice cream are being hauled by eye-catching servers with bright dessert carts, to the tune of "Be Our Guest."
  2. LUMIERE'S TABLE: Atop the world's most colorful cake, Lumiere sings his candlelit heart out. The serenade is done for Guests, of course, but also for Belle and Beast who follow.
  3. BELLE AND BEAST: The two stars of Beauty and the Beast share a romantic moment of swaying in an enormous ballroom with a rose motif and stained glass windows.

Music
  1. Be Our Guest
  2. Beauty and the Beast
  3. Belle

That's part two; look for part three next time. Now, what do you think here?

mharrington

Original Poster
Okay, a villain scene will be there, but I have two questions: A) What villains should be there, and B) What music should be there?

Figment fan

Okay, a villain scene will be there, but I have two questions: A) What villains should be there, and B) What music should be there?

A) Have The Evil Queen, Jafar, Maleficent, Ursula, Cruella De Ville and Scar.
B) The music should be Poor Unfortunate Souls (Ursula), Cruella De Ville (the person who the song is named after) and Be Prepared (Scar).

mharrington

Original Poster
Here are the next set of scenes:

9. THE LION KING
Floats
  1. RAIN FOREST: To the tune of "Hakuna Matata," Timon and Pumbaa sing about how Hakuna Matata means "no worries" alongside a beautiful waterfall.
  2. PRIDE ROCK: Simba is proudly perched atop Pride Rock with Nala, Zazu and Rafiki by his side. There are some African animals, too.

Music
  1. Hakuna Matata
  2. I Just Can't Wait To Be King
  3. Circle of Life

10. A BUG'S LIFE
Floats
  1. CIRCUS WAGON: Those wacky performers from A Bug's Life, with their strong perform-anywhere spirit, are putting on a bright show for guests at the park.
  2. FLIK AND ATTA: The stars of A Bug's Life share a moment in a most colorfully lit nature scene that will have fans clamoring for their cameras.

Music
  1. Circus Bugs
  2. A Bug's Life Suite
  3. The Time of Your Life

That's set three. Do you think I should have a patriotic finale just like the original parade and the water pageant?

mharrington

Original Poster
Thanks! I'll post that scene next time with the last set of scenes. But first, should this version of the parade have a patriotic finale, like the old parade?

mharrington

Original Poster
Here's the last batch...

11. THE VILLAINS
Float
  1. FORBIDDEN MOUNTAIN: The forces of evil are afoot on this menacing float, resembling Maleficent's castle from Sleeping Beauty. In addition to Maleficent, other villains on this float include the Evil Queen from Snow White, Jafar, Ursula, Cruella De Vil, Hades, Scar and towering above them all, Chernabog, who stretches his giant wings over the first rows of the audience and commanding dancing flames while hovering in the nightly sky.

Music
  1. Poor Unfortunate Souls
  2. Cruella De Vil
  3. Be Prepared
  4. A Night On Bald Mountain

12. CINDERELLA
Floats
  1. FAIRY GODMOTHER: Bibbidi Bobbidi Boo! Cinderella's Fairy Godmother waves her magic wand and tells one and all that "all your dreams will come true."
  2. CINDERELLA'S PUMPKIN COACH: Cinderella, beaming with joy, waves to guests from within her shining coach, magically transformed from a pumpkin by her Fairy Godmother's magic spell.
  3. CLOCK TOWER: As the clock strikes midnight, Prince Charming holds a sparkling glass slipper in his hand, foreshadowing a happy ending to his first encounter with the beautiful Cinderella.
  4. AT THE BALL: A romantic representation of the gleaming Ballroom where Cinderella and Prince Charming meet through the magic of Cinderella's Fairy Godmother.

Music
  1. Bibbidi Bobbidi Boo
  2. Cinderella
  3. A Dream Is a Wish Your Heart Makes

13. SMALL WORLD
Floats
  1. RIVERBOAT: This charming float features three ducks and three pigs. The ducks are Donald, Daisy and Scrooge McDuck and the pigs are the Three Little Pigs.
  2. BLIMP: That loveable pair of chipmunks, Chip 'n' Dale, along with Baloo the Bear and King Louie from The Jungle Book and Princess Aurora and Prince Phillip from Sleeping Beauty all "man" the helm of this fantastically colorful float.
  3. SUN AND MOON: This very happy float features Peter Pan, Wendy and Captain Hook from Disney's animated feature, Peter Pan, sharing the spotlight on this float along with Mary Poppins and Bert from Disney's Mary Poppins. Also on board are Jose Carioca and Panchito from Disney's The Three Caballeros, as well as Pluto and Roger Rabbit.

Music
  1. It's a Small World (After All)

14. IN CELEBRATION OF AMERICA
Floats
  1. AMERICAN FLAG: This scene marks a patriotic ending to this magical adventure. The American flag is stretched for over 100 feet in length, covered in stars and firework rockets.
  2. EAGLE: At the very end of the flag is a gigantic bald eagle, used to overlook everything that has come before it.

Music
  1. Yankee Doodle
  2. You're a Good Old Flag
  3. O Columbia the Gem of the Ocean
  4. Dixie
  5. The Stars and Stripes Forever
  6. America the Beautiful

And then the ending music plays while the announcer says the name of the parade, as the lights up and down the street slowly fade back on. And that's the end of the parade. So, what did you think?

mharrington

Original Poster
Did you know that the two scenes representing Pinocchio were actually both separate scenes in the original parade over the years? For a while, the Underwater scene was used before being replaced by Pleasure Island. So that's why I have both scenes, as a sort of nod to history. I have both Underwater and Pleasure Island in this parade.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom