If I could improve non-WDW Disney parks...

mharrington

Original Poster
This thread is sort of spun off from the "Improving WDW" thread. You can view that thread by clicking here.

If I were able to improve and add my own magic to the non-WDW Disney parks, here's precisely what I'd do...

DISNEYLAND
MAIN STREET U.S.A.
1. An Adventure In the Magic Kingdom: This is a new theater show at the Opera House, to play before "Mr. Lincoln". It will be a veritable montage of clips of all Disney parks worldwide, with Tinker Bell as your hostess!
2. Main Street Cinema: With the exception of Steamboat Willie, all the other screens showing Disney cartoons will be replaced by continuous showings of old theatrical trailers from Disney movies.

FANTASYLAND
1. Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs: Snow White's Scary Adventures will receive a significant revision, to focus less on the Queen/Witch and more on Snow White.
2. Peter Pan's Flight: Nothing majorly different except to make the figures move more fluidly and to replace the old two-seater ships with four-seaters.
3. Mad Tea Party: A canopy roof will be added to protect the ride from the elements.
4. It's a Small World: Nothing in the ride itself will be changed, but to allow for inclement weater, the canal outside the building will be covered in big long canopy roofs, a la Disneyland Paris.
5. Alice In Wonderland: Half the Caterpillar cars will be scrapped and replaced by bigger-capacity Cheshire Cat cars. His eyes and grin glow in the dark, so that when you pass by another such car, you can see them glow.

ADVENTURELAND
1. The Flying Carpets of Aladdin: This is a brand-new attraction, a direct lift of Florida's Carpet ride, where you board one of 16 flying carpets for a quick flight around Adventureland.

Well, that's all for now, but watch for part two of DL's updates soon...

mharrington

Original Poster
Here's the rest of Disneyland:

CRITTER COUNTRY
1. Splash Mountain: Not much will be done to the ride itself, but the music will be revised slightly. It will alternate between the current playful orchestra style and the country-western style heard in Florida and Japan. Also, after the big drop, there will be water cannons shaped like sapling trees that people on the bridge can use to try and squirt people down below. Finally, Brer Frog will be added to the very beginning of the ride, just like in Florida, where he will say stuff like: "Some folks 'round here say Brer Rabbit's lookin' for adventure, but I say he's headin' for trouble,", "Mark my words, that young Brer Rabbit scamp is going to put his foot in Brer Fox's mouth one o' these days," and "If you ask me, sooner than later, that Brer Fox and Brer Bear's gonna catch that Brer Rabbit for sure."
2. The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh: To up the capacity of the attraction, I will revise the entryway to not be so secluded. Maybe I'll create big statues of the Pooh characters, pointing the way. The queue and load area will be completely indoors and look like the queue in Tokyo's Pooh ride. And the ride itself will receive a big update, too: the characters figures themselves will remain but the scenery will be revised to go from simple flats to actual 3D scenery, a la Tokyo's Pooh ride. In the end, the ride will certainly not be an exact duplicate of Tokyo's Pooh ride (it will be physically impossible for that), but neither will it be simply flat scenes.

MICKEY'S TOONTOWN
The entire land will be updated and expanded. See this link here at "Improving Mickey's Toontown @ DL" for the details.

TOMORROWLAND
1. Astro Orbiter: The rockets will be relocated to their proper position at the end of Tomorrowland's main drag and placed on top of the platform above the load area of the "new" Tomorrowland Transit Authority.
2. The Incredibles: Escape Nomanisan!: Replacing Innoventions is this impressive new dark ride. Here, you meet Mr. Incredible and his family and try to help them in the battle to do two things: escape from the titular island and save the world from the threat of the villainous Syndrome!
3. Star Tours: With all the rumors of the Endor trip being replaced by other planets, I've been thinking of how to do this win-win style. I like the idea of keeping things fresh here, but I was thinking that with four simulators here, why not have four different trips at once, one trip per simulator, with a trip to a different planet on each one? This way, the situation is win-win. The beauty of this update is that whenever you are about to go to a simulator, you may have a different one, meaning that you never know which simulator you're going to ride (unless you've been on them all several times).
4. Tomorrowland Transit Authority: The PeopleMover is back in the guise of this new elevated trip around Tomorrowland. As a nod to history, the ride will be hosted by Tom Morrow (voiced by Nathan Lane) and the cars will be called Viewliners, named after the predecessors of the Monorail.
5. Tron 4D: Replacing Honey, I Shrunk the Audience is this brand-new immersive 4D experience, based on the 1982 Disney film, Tron. Enter the realm of the computer and join Tron as you help him battle against the wrath of the Master Control Program!

So, what do you think so far? Next time, watch for Disney's California Adventure.

mharrington

Original Poster
The new Snow White ride will be called Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs, to be named exactly after the movie. It will replace the Snow White rides in California and Japan. It will be based on Figment fan's Snow White ride for his Disney park (click this link here to view). But three differences between his ride and mine is that the cars only stop at the load and unload areas, the narrator is missing and the book used for the ending will be replaced by the more standard closing scene of Snow White and the Prince waving good-bye to the Dwarfs from the bridge.

mharrington

Original Poster
Oh, and before we say good-bye to Disneyland, one more thing will return there: the Electrical Parade, only now it will once again be called the Main Street Electrical Parade! That's right, one of the most beloved Disney parades of all time will return to Disneyland, if I were to improve the park. However, I will improve on the parade, by having dialogue in the parade, not just from Alice and Pete (during the Pete's Dragon sequence), but from almost all the characters, like what happens in the current Tokyo Disneyland version of the parade. So this means the Blue Fairy will speak, so will Mickey, Minnie and Goofy, Cinderella, Peter Pan, Captain Hook, Wendy (I will add her to the Peter Pan scene) and Snow White. What do you think of these ideas?

mharrington

Original Poster
Now, the next part of the improvement scheme: Disney's California Adventure.

1. Back To Neverland: The old show on the process of animation hosted by Robin Williams and Walter Cronkite will return to coincide with the return of 2D animation.
2. The Great Muppet Movie Ride: Yes, at long last, the Muppet-based parody of the Great Movie Ride is finally coming into being! The movies parodied, according to an article by Jim Hill (see this link here to see said article), will include, but are definitely not limited to:

• Frankenstein (1931): With Kermit and Miss Piggy as the heroes, Dr. Bunsen Honeydew as the mad scientist and Beaker as the giant monster.
  • Star Trek: The Motion Picture (1979): A movie version of the "Pigs In Space" skit. The movie here is called "Swine Trek". Here, the crew of the USS Swinetrek is battling space pi-rats.
  • Peter Pan (1953): With Kermit as Pan, Janice (of the Muppets' house band, Dr. Teeth and the Electric Mayhem) as Wendy, Scooter as John, Fozzie as Michael and Miss Piggy as Tinkerbell.

There are all kind of punny touches every which way you look, plus a running gag in the form of Waldorf and Statler riding around in a golf cart. This will be a great ride for all.
3. Mickey's PhilharMagic: The WDW show will come to California through the Hollywood Pictures Backlot, replacing Muppet*Vision 3D.
4. Voyages of the Little Mermaid: At long last, a dark ride based on The Little Mermaid finally comes to life! It will look exactly like the ride seen on the PE DVD. It will be placed at Paradise Pier, possibly replacing Mulholland Madness.

What do you think of these ideas?

mharrington

Original Poster
Aw, come on, doesn't anyone have any opinions? Or even some of their own ideas? I don't want to hog this thread for myself. You can provide some ideas or just opinions if you wish.

mharrington

Original Poster
And now, here's the Tokyo Disneyland improvements.

TOKYO DISNEYLAND
ADVENTURELAND
1. Pirates of the Caribbean: The ride will receive a movie makeover similar to the ones in California and Florida, where you will see Captain Jack Sparrow, Barbossa and Davy Jones. Since the ride is more or less a carbon copy of the one in California, it should not be too difficult to place the characters in the proper scenes as in California.
2. Tarzan's Treehouse: The Swiss Family Robinson Treehouse will be replaced by a treehouse home to the King of the Jungle himself.

CRITTER COUNTRY
1. Splash Mountain: The only thing I will change is the music. The music will now alternate between the playful orchestra style of Disneyland's and the country-western style seen in Japan currently.

FANTASYLAND
First and foremost, the entire land will receive an overhaul the likes of which will be akin to the one at Disneyland in 1983.

1. Alice In Wonderland: The Disneyland dark ride comes to Japan, possibly replacing the Mickey Mouse Revue.
2. Dumbo the Flying Elephant: The ride will be updated to include 16 elephants instead of ten. The ride structure will look exactly like the ride in California, but without the fountains underneath.
3. Haunted Mansion: A loose story will be intertwined into the ride, in which an ice ghost named Yuki-Onna lives in the mansion in the form of a bride. She marries men for their money and then kills them off. Meanwhile, the Seance Room will be revised to be more like the scene in California, complete with Madam Leota's crystal ball hovering in mid-air.
4. The Hunny Tree: FYL's FOURTH spinner (after cups, Dumbo and carrousel), this swing ride has guests sitting in seats that look like balloons as they swing around the giant honey tree of "Winnie the Pooh" fame.
5. Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs: Snow White's Adventures will receive a significant revision, to focus less on the Queen/Witch and more on Snow White, and to include a proper closing scene.

TOMORROWLAND
This area will finally receive a more decent update.

1. Cosmic Highway: The Grand Circuit Raceway will be revised to a more worthwhile attraction. The new car ride has futuristic-inspired cars and they drive through scenes depicting a futuristic city (with like high skyscrapers and an antigravity parking garage). You also go through a scene where you drive through a car wash, really a set of amusing fountains.
2. Orbitron: The Star Jets will be updated to resemble the rockets of WDW.
3. Star Tours: See the DL updates.
4. Tron 4D: A new 3D movie, replacing MicroAdventure. See the DL updates for the details.

That's Tokyo Disneyland; what do you think?

mharrington

Original Poster
Here now are the improvements for Tokyo DisneySea!

ARABIAN COAST
1. The Flying Carpets of Aladdin: See the DL improvements for information.

PORT DISCOVERY
1. Mr. Incredible and the Nomanisan Escape: Renamed version of the ride set to replace Innoventions at Disneyland; see that area of improvements for more details.

AMERICAN WATERFRONT
1. Mickey's PhilharMagic: This WDW favorite comes to Japan via this famous area of Tokyo DisneySea.

MERMAID LAGOON
1. Voyages of the Little Mermaid: See the Disney's California Adventure improvements for more details.

So, what do you think?

FigmentJedi

Like how you mixed the Japanese legend of the Yukl-Onna in with Constance's story, like I had formulated in my little head in a thread over at the Tokyo Disney board here.

mharrington

Original Poster
Like how you mixed the Japanese legend of the Yukl-Onna in with Constance's story, like I had formulated in my little head in a thread over at the Tokyo Disney board here.

That thread and your idea were the very idea of why I did a bride-style story in TDL's Mansion, like the one they have at Disneyland.

Figment fan

The new Snow White ride will be called Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs, to be named exactly after the movie. It will replace the Snow White rides in California and Japan. It will be based on Figment fan's Snow White ride for his Disney park (click this link here to view). But three differences between his ride and mine is that the cars only stop at the load and unload areas, the narrator is missing and the book used for the ending will be replaced by the more standard closing scene of Snow White and the Prince waving good-bye to the Dwarfs from the bridge.

Thanks for including some of my ideas in your version, mharrington!

mharrington

Original Poster
Thank you. You can use some of my ideas, too, if you want. And like I said, you create some ideas for the park, too.

mharrington

Original Poster
And now, let's hear it for...

DISNEYLAND PARIS
MAIN STREET U.S.A.
1. An Adventure In the Magic Kingdom: See the Disneyland improvements thread for information. It will play in the theater at Town Square. The only real difference between this version and Disneyland's is the language, to be played in French. There are headphones in the back of the theater for English and German translations.

CRITTER COUNTRY
A brand-new section of the park, themed to the American South.
1. Splash Mountain: At long last, the ride comes to France! See this page here for all the details!
2. Beaver Bros. Explorer Canoes: The Indian Canoes return to the park as this new attraction.

ADVENTURELAND
1. Les Cabanes de Tarzan (Tarzan's Treehouse): Les Cabanes des Robinsons is now home to the King of the Jungle himself.
2. Les Excursions de la Jungle (Jungle Tours): A brand-new attraction, a trip through the jungle, a cross between the more traditional Jungle River Cruise boats and the edgier Jungle Land Trek jeeps.
3. Indiana Jones Adventure: Temple of the Forbidden Eye: A true Indiana Jones attraction replacing the Temple of Peril.
4. Pirates of the Caribbean: The attraction will be updated to include references to the characters from the film series. Now you'll meet Capt. Jack Sparrow and Barbossa.

FANTASYLAND
1. Les Aventures de Winnie l'Ourson (The Many Adventures of Winnnie the Pooh): A Pooh ride based on my idea on how to improve DL's Pooh ride. It will be located near Peter Pan's Flight and Alice's Curious Labyrinth to fit in the British section.
2. Les Voyages de la Petite Sirene (Voyages of the Little Mermaid): See the Disney's California Adventure improvements for more details.

TOONVILLE
Another brand-new section of Disneyland Paris, based on Toontown in both Disneyland and Tokyo Disneyland. Toonville is actually a French-language name for Toontown, as seen in a French-language version of Who Framed Roger Rabbit. It will be a carbon copy of my expanded Toontown from DL. See this link here for more details. Here, I will only list the foreign names of the attractions and in parantheses translate them into English.

1. Le Aeroport de Dingo (Goofy's Airport)
2. Le Cabanes des Tic et Tac (Chip 'n' Dale's Treehouse)
3. Le Jardin d'Enfants de Dingo (Goofy's KinderGarden)
4. Jolly Trolley
5. La Maison de Mickey (Mickey's House)
6. La Maison de Minnie (Minnie's House)
7. La Remorqueur de Donald (Tugboat Donald)
8. Toon Park
9. Roger Rabbit's Car Toon Spin

DISCOVERYLAND
1. Les Indestructibles: Evasion de Nomanisan! (The Incredibles: Escape Nomanisan!): See the Disneyland improvements thread for more details.
2. Star Tours: See the DL updates for more info.
3. Tron 4D: See the DL updates for more info.

Those are the updates of Disneyland Paris. Let's discuss!

mharrington

Original Poster
Here's the improvements for Walt Disney Studios Paris:

ANIMATION COURTYARD
1. PhilharMagique de Mickey (Mickey's PhilharMagic): Replacing Animagique is this WDW favorite.

PRODUCTION COURTYARD
1. The Great Muppet Movie Ride: This new dark ride will come to Europe. Unlike the Stateside versions, this version will also intertwine a few famous European films into the mix.
2. CyperSpace Mountain: A flight through your own roller coaster attraction, similar to the one found at DisneyQuest.

So, what do you think?

mharrington

Original Poster
Now the next part is going to be split in two halves:

HONG KONG DISNEYLAND
MAIN STREET U.S.A.
1. An Adventure In the Magic Kingdom: See the Disneyland improvements post for information. It will play in the theater at Town Square. The only real difference between this version and Disneyland's is the language, to be played in Cantonese. There are headphones in the back of the theater for English and Mandarin translations.

FRONTIERLAND
A new themed area, probably built outside the berm. It will be featuring the following attractions:
1. Big Thunder Mountain: Hold onto your hats, partners, for the fastest, wildest train ride this side of the Mississippi. Watch out for coyotes, rattlers and other varmints at every turn! And if you just when you think it's all over, you find yourself inside a dangerous cave-in within an ancient gold mine!
2. Frontierland Shootin' Gallery: Do you fancy yourself as a hot-shot? Then step right up and take pot shots at cacti, trees and tombstones for your chance to be the "Best In the West"!
3. Mark Twain Riverboat: Enjoy a leisurely trip down the Rivers of the Far West aboard a romantic sternwheeler. Named after the popular 19th Century American author whose stories about life on the Mississippi River are now regarded as classics, the Mark Twain Riverboat's ornate decoration and authentic design captures the look, period ambiance, refinement and dignity of a stately paddlewheel steamboat.
4. River Rogues Keelboats: Take a keelboat cruise down the Rivers of the Far West.
5. Splash Mountain: Join Brer Rabbit on a hair-raising flume odyessy that includes both a trip through a "Laughin' Place" and one of the world's tallest, steepest, spine-tinglingest waterfalls ever! The version I plan to put in the park will be based on the one I have in mind for Disneyland Paris; click here to see the details.

ADVENTURELAND
1. Haunted Mansion: Another tried-n-true classic coming to Hong Kong. A new storyline will follow soon.
2. Indiana Jones Adventure: Temple of the Ice Dragon: Follow in the footsteps of Dr. Indiana Jones in a harrowing, life-or-death quest for the legendary Vault of Fortunes. But beware - the Vault is purported to be guarded by a vengeful, supernatural spirit known as the Ice Dragon!
3. Jungle Tours: The Jungle River Cruise is invaded by edgier Jungle Land Trek safari jeeps.
4. The Magic Carpets of Aladdin: Climb aboard a magical carpet and take your imagination to a whole new world of fantasy.
5. Pirates of the Caribbean: Another good old classic, with the adventures of Capt. Jack Sparrow mixed in with the famed bucanneers we all know and love.
6. Raging Spirits: As you pass by the vengeful spirits awakened during the excavation of the ruins of an ancient ceremonial site, the bursting flames, encompassing steam, and a spine-tingling 360-degree loop will make it a truly thrilling experience!

That's the first set of updates for HKDL; look for more next time! Until then, what do you think?

mharrington

Original Poster
And here's the rest of Hong Kong Disneyland:

FANTASYLAND
1. The Adventures of Pinocchio: A brand-new dark ride, also coming to Walt Disney World and Disneyland Berlin. Here's the link to the new ride: http://forums.wdwmagic.com/showthread.php?t=108705.
2. Alice's Curious Labyrinth: A slightly-scaled down version of Disneyland Paris' maze.
3. Casey Jr., the Little Circus Train: A clone of the classic train ride found at Disneyland and Disneyland Paris, the train is a kiddie coaster racing around Storybook Cruise.
4. "it's a small world": The happiest cruise that ever sailed finally arrives in Hong Kong, with Disneyland's exterior and Disneyland Paris' ride.
5. Peter Pan's Flight: This classic ride comes to Hong Kong at last!
6. Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs: This ride also comes to Hong Kong at last. It's Disneyland Paris' version with the happy ending.
7. Storybook Cruise: A new version of Storybook Land Canal Boats.
8. Voyages of the Little Mermaid: See the DCA improvements for details.

TOONTOWN
Another new land, based on my proposed improvements for WDW's Toontown (the link for which can be viewed here: http://forums.wdwmagic.com/showthread.php?t=112085):

1. Chip 'n' Dale's Treehouse
2. Donald's Boat
3. Goofy's Motor Mania
(click here to view the thread: http://forums.wdwmagic.com/showthread.php?p=1925643).
4. Huey, Dewey and Louie's Roller Derby
5. Mickey's Crazy Planes
6. Mickey's Wonder House
7. Minnie's Beauty House
8. Pluto's Tail Spin
9. Toontown Hall of Fame
10. Toontown Highway
11. Von Drake's House of Genius

TOMORROWLAND
1. The Incredibles: Escape Nomanisan!: See the DL improvements for details.
2. Star Tours: See the DL improvements post for details.
3. Tomorrowland Power Company: A video arcade
4. Tron 4D: See the DL improvements for details.

And that's Hong Kong Disneyland. Let's discuss!! :sohappy: :cool: :D

mharrington

Original Poster
This is my storyline for Hong Kong's Haunted Mansion, which will be located in Adventureland...

The British government opened exotic tours of the jungle (tie into the Jungle River Cruise), but tourists soon began to die from Jungle Fever. Parlaiment built a tudor-style house for Professor Roger Parshall and his young family. Parshall was supposed to find a cure to the jungle fever and he soon began to do many experiments. The local natives became angry because they thought that Parshall was disrespecting their gods and nature. The natives got together and had a meeting where the local voodoo witch doctor put a curse on the professor. The curse did not work and the professor continued his experiments that the natives felt disrespect their gods. So the natives all vowed revenge. One day, while Parshall went out into the jungle, the natives raided his home, murdering his wife and children on his youngest son's birthday. When the professor came home to find his dead family, he felt so ashamed of himself that he went up to the attic and hung himself from the rafters (no windows, no doors - why don't you try my way out in stretching rooms). After Professor Parshall killed himself, the house sat vacant as the jungle overtook the exterior of it. At the same time, the chief of the natives also breathed his last. To this day, the young family continues to haunt the inside along with 993 ghosts that have come from all over the world, along with the spirit of the chief native, who would try to kill anyone who entered the decrepit. The Ballroom scene is rethemed to the son's birthday party, and you go through the professor's laboratory instead of the Attic. That's pretty much the base story.

What do you think, huh?

mharrington

Original Poster
I have created a list of updates for Disneyland's Splash Mountain. Before I mention them, though, I'm trying to keep them inside the existing track without changing things too much physically:

1. The ride's soundtrack will be revised thus: the music on the outside as you cruise the outside of the mountain is in the country-western style, but will change to the orchestra style as you enter the mountain.

2. As you go up the first lift hill, you pass by Brer Frog giving you some parting words, just like he does in FL and Japan. He says things like, "Some folks 'round here say Brer Rabbit's lookin' for adventure, but I say he's headin' for trouble," "Mark my words, that young Brer Rabbit scamp is gonna put his foot in Brer Fox's mouth one o' these days," and "If you ask me, sooner than later, that Brer Fox and Brer Bear's gonna catch that Brer Rabbit for sure."

3. As you pass along beside the big drop, you will hear an Uncle Remus-style narration beginning to tell you the story: "Welcome to a joyful adventure down into the Briar Patch." It's at this point that the orchestral music takes over.

4. Before going down the first drop, you hear Brer Fox saying from his home (a sign points to the location), "That big ol' rabbit won't get away this time. I'll catch him sure!"

5. Passing by Brer Rabbit and Brer Turtle outside the Briar Patch, you pass by Brer Fox and Brer Bear looking at them across the water. Brer Fox says something like, "So Brer Rabbit's lookin' for some adventure, eh?" and "Alright, Brer Bear, this time we're gonna catch that Brer Rabbit for sure." The reason why Brer Fox says "...this time..." is so to reflect the hasty rabbit trap where we first see the the two rogues.

6. As you pass below Brer Rabbit on the railroad trestle, he says to Brer Fox and Brer Bear, "You boys can't catch me! My Laughing Place is where I'm bound."

7. The hitchhiking alligator has a guitar.

8. As you descend the waterfall into the Laughing Place, you hear the sound of branches breaking as the tree housing the place gives way, followed by Brer Fox and Brer Bear screaming as they supposedly tumble over the falls, followed by a loud splash.

9. Brer Frog and Brer Turtle are now seen in the Laughing Place scene, singing "Everybody's Got a Laughing Place". The frog is seen eating honey from a beehive and laughing while the turtle reclines on a small fountain of water.

10. After you pass by the Burrow's Lament scene and before you pass by the vultures, you see Brer Bear with a red nose (from getting stung by the bees). He says one of three things at random with an evil laugh: "You better be sayin' good-bye to Brer Rabbit," "I shoulda knocked his head clean off," and "He said it was a Laughing Place and I ain't laughin'."

11. As you pass below the vultures and make your way up the hill, you hear Remus narrating, "It sure looks like Brer Rabbit's time had done run out for sure. He done used up his whole bag o' tricks."

12. As you make the wide turn in the river to reenter the mountain, you pass below squirt guns disguised as sapling trees on the bridge. Guests on the bridge over the Splash Mountain river can have the opportunity to try and spray you from up there.

13. Much of the return into the mountain is now covered and protected from the elements. Here, Sis Rabbit and the little bunnies are seen again, this time singing "Sooner or Later", which was scrapped from the ride.

14. The screen displaying your picture being taken of you going down the plunge is back on again.

15. During this same scene, the Remus-type narrator says, "Well, that Brer Rabbit sure learned his lesson and so did Brer Fox. And it's like I always say: you can't run away from trouble; they're ain't no place that far."

Well, what do you think of my ideas? I'm also going to put the soundtrack alternations, the Remus narration, Brer Turtle beside Brer Rabbit outside the Briar Patch, Brer Frog and Brer Turtle inside the Laughing Place, Brer Brer before the vulture branch, the sapling tree water cannons and the Sooner or Later sequence into into the version in Tokyo Disneyland as well. In that case, the narration, dialogue and the Sooner or Later music will all be translated into Japanese. What do you think of my ideas? I want to see your ideas and opinions!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom