Mickey and Donald's Toontown

mharrington

Original Poster
This is a drastic overhaul of WDW's Toontown Fair, featuring all sorts of new attractions not seen there. It will feature characters and references to cartoon characters from both animated shorts and comic books. In other words, the new overhaul of Toontown will be like a Disney version of IOA's Toon Lagoon, which features cartoon characters from both animation and the funny papers. Anyway, watch for the attractions list very soon! :king: :) :dazzle: :D :animwink:

mharrington

Original Poster
And now without further ado, here are the attractions in Mickey and Donald's Toontown!!

1. Chip 'n' Dale's Treehouse: This is a mini-parachute drop-type ride, like Jumpin' Jellyfish, with acorns topped by tree leaves as the up-and-down gondolas.
  2. Donald's Boat: Explore the Miss Daisy, Donald's famed boat. Climb up stairs and slide down on slides and literally view its bells and whistles. Push down on a button near the smokestack to let loose a stream of water out of the top and douse everyone nearby!
  3. Goofy's Motor Mania: The crown jewel of the new Toontown is this brand-new RRCTS-type dark ride, where you help Goofy save Toontown from the horrific double-whammy threat of Pete and the Phantom Blot aboard your own Toon car (see this link here for more details)!
  4. Huey, Dewey and Louie's Roller Derby: This is a bumper car ride with the cars in three different colors: red, blue and green. Huey, Dewey and Louie themselves are in the middle of the course, directing the flow of traffic like a traffic cop. Music from the Disney album Mickey Mouse Disco plays here as well.
  5. Mickey's Crazy Planes: The park's FOURTH Dumbo-style ride, but in this case, this Dumbo-style ride resembles primitive, black and white planes, similar to those found in one of Mickey's first cartoon adventures, Plane Crazy.
  6. Mickey's Wonder House: New name and design for Mickey's Country House.
  7. Minnie's Beauty House: New name and design for Minnie's Country House
  8. Pluto's Tail Spin: Pluto takes you on a wacky "round trip" ride. It moves in a clockwise motion, simulating Pluto "chasing" his tail. Periodically during the ride, the vehicles move up and down to simulate a bump or small hill.
  9. Toontown Hall of Fame: Here, you can visit your favorite Disney friends. The times and character selections change, so keep your eyes open
  10. Toontown Highway: A new version of Goofy's Barnstormer, with small automobiles in place of small planes for cars. Here, you are to take a car out of for a test drive from a Toontown auto dealership, only to have it go berserk, around tight turns and even through a billboard!
  11. Von Drake's House of Genius: Here, you can take in a humorous lecture show with Donald's eccentric uncle and then visit his hands-on, interactive laboratory where young kids can play with some interesting inventions, courtesy of Donald's eccentric uncle.
  12. Walt Disney World Railroad: The station is revised to fit the new location.

So, what do you think? Pretty impressive, huh? :king: :cool: :D :sohappy: :animwink: What would you add, if there are any at all? I will also add this area and all of its rides to Hong Kong Disneyland and to my proposed Disney park in Germany!

Figment fan

1. Chip 'n' Dale's Treehouse: This is a mini-parachute drop-type ride, like Jumpin' Jellyfish, with acorns topped by tree leaves as the up-and-down gondolas.
  2. Donald's Boat: Explore the Miss Daisy, Donald's famed boat. Climb up stairs and slide down on slides and literally view its bells and whistles. Push down on a button near the smokestack to let loose a stream of water out of the top and douse everyone nearby!
  3. Goofy's Motor Mania: The crown jewel of the new Toontown is this brand-new RRCTS-type dark ride, where you help Goofy save Toontown from the horrific double-whammy threat of Pete and the Phantom Blot aboard your own Toon car (see this link here for more details)!
  4. Huey, Dewey and Louie's Roller Derby: This is a bumper car ride with the cars in three different colors: red, blue and green. Huey, Dewey and Louie themselves are in the middle of the course, directing the flow of traffic like a traffic cop. Music from the Disney album Mickey Mouse Disco plays here as well.
  5. Mickey's Crazy Planes: The park's FOURTH Dumbo-style ride, but in this case, this Dumbo-style ride resembles primitive, black and white planes, similar to those found in one of Mickey's first cartoon adventures, Plane Crazy.
  6. Mickey's Wonder House: New name and design for Mickey's Country House.
  7. Minnie's Beauty House: New name and design for Minnie's Country House
  8. Pluto's Tail Spin: Pluto takes you on a wacky "round trip" ride. It moves in a clockwise motion, simulating Pluto "chasing" his tail. Periodically during the ride, the vehicles move up and down to simulate a bump or small hill.
  9. Toontown Hall of Fame: Here, you can visit your favorite Disney friends. The times and character selections change, so keep your eyes open
  10. Toontown Highway: A new version of Goofy's Barnstormer, with
    small automobiles in place of small planes for cars. Here, you are to take a car out of for a test drive from a Toontown auto dealership, only to have it go berserk, around tight turns and even through a bilboard!
  11. Von Drake's House of Genius: Here, you can take in a humorous lecture show with Donald's eccentric uncle and then visit his hands-on, interactive laboratory where young kids can play with some interesting inventions, courtesy of Donald's eccentric uncle.
  12. Walt Disney World Railroad: The station is revised to fit the new location.

Nice attraction ideas! Couple of suggestions:

1. How about having a "Toon Tower" attraction? I'll find a link for it later, but the description is that it's an attraction similar to Tower of Terror.
2. Can you explain the Toon Highway attraction in more detail?
3. Is there room in your Toontown for a Fantasmic style show?

JEANYLASER

i was thinking the phantom blot the ride. the guest see the preshow with the chief and Mickey trying to save the town from the phantom blot. But Then the Phantom blot took Mickey Mouse to the warehouse across town and tied Mickey Mouse up so the guest go to the cars to save Mickey from the phantom blot. Instead the guest saw Mickey tied up in the montor in the car so the laser can cut the rope and rescued Mickey. but the guest and Mickey are captured by the phantom so the chief has a plan to save you and Mickey. And defeated the phantom blot and take the phantom blot to jail. the phantom blot will be in the exit of Mickey's House. What do you think of this ride.

mharrington

Original Poster
i was thinking the phantom blot the ride. the guest see the preshow with the chief and Mickey trying to save the town from the phantom blot. But Then the Phantom blot took Mickey Mouse to the warehouse across town and tied Mickey Mouse up so the guest go to the cars to save Mickey from the phantom blot. Instead the guest saw Mickey tied up in the montor in the car so the laser can cut the rope and rescued Mickey. but the guest and Mickey are captured by the phantom so the chief has a plan to save you and Mickey. And defeated the phantom blot and take the phantom blot to jail. the phantom blot will be in the exit of Mickey's House. What do you think of this ride.

Well, I put some of these ideas, sans the chief, into the Goofy ride I mentioned earlier.

mharrington

Original Poster
Nice attraction ideas! Couple of suggestions:

1. How about having a "Toon Tower" attraction? I'll find a link for it later, but the description is that it's an attraction similar to Tower of Terror.
2. Can you explain the Toon Highway attraction in more detail?
3. Is there room in your Toontown for a Fantasmic style show?

1. I don't think there is enough room for "Toon Tower". Besides, I've already got a tower-type ride already, only that's a parachute drop, which is what this version of Chip 'n' Dale's Treehouse is for.

2. Yes, I will describe the Toon Highway attraction in more detail at a later date.

3. No, I'm going to have that kind of show, but I will have a stage show: Mickey's Detective School, which they used to have at Disneyland for a while.

What do you think? Let's discuss.

mharrington

Original Poster
Anyway, here's what specifically happens on the Toontown Highway:

You board a set of roller coaster trains, themed to look like Toon automobiles. The ride will probably be as long as Great Adventure's Blackbeard's Treasure Train. The ride will be exactly like Mulholland Madness at DCA, only it won't be a wild mouse coaster; it will be a regular coaster. Each car in the train are themed in five different designs: ordinary, woodie, hot rod, hippie, taxi and, at the end of the train, police. You zip around tight turns, over hills and even smash through a billboard. Basically, it's themed around a race around a crazy freeway.

What do you think? Should this ride have a character name with the ride name?

Epcot82Guy

Just a suggestion for a car attraction. I have long thought that the speedway should become part of toontown. Build Pete's Garage as the queue entrance and put up toon's country houses all around the track. I think there could be a fun combination of the race idea from your attraction and this. Plus, that would up the use for the speedway.

mharrington

Original Poster
Just a suggestion for a car attraction. I have long thought that the speedway should become part of toontown. Build Pete's Garage as the queue entrance and put up toon's country houses all around the track. I think there could be a fun combination of the race idea from your attraction and this. Plus, that would up the use for the speedway.

Well, I suppose that could work, but how far down into Tomorrowland is it? Because if I were to redo that ride, that would affect much of the surrounding area, especially the TTA track above.

mharrington

Original Poster
I've also decided to add to the Toontown area music loop as well:

• Pluto's Theme
  • Bone Trouble
  • Don Donald
  • Mickey's Polo Team
  • Mickey's Rival
  • Pluto's Blue Note
  • The Army's Not the Army Anymore
  • The Merry Dwarfs
  • Father Noah's Ark
  • The Goddess of Spring
  • The Cookie Carnival
  • Peculiar Penguins
  • Crazy Over Daisy

That's all I can think up for the moment. Can anyone else provide me with some?

mharrington

Original Poster
I've also decided to add to the Toontown area music loop as well:

• Pluto's Theme
  • Bone Trouble
  • Don Donald
  • Mickey's Polo Team
  • Mickey's Rival
  • Pluto's Blue Note
  • The Merry Dwarfs
  • Father Noah's Ark
  • The Goddess of Spring
  • The Cookie Carnival
  • Peculiar Penguins
  • Crazy Over Daisy

That's all I can think up for the moment. Can anyone else provide me with some?

In the end, it will make quite a hefty list of loop music tracks. :lol: Here's the final list (with new tracks I thought up at the bottom):

• The Grasshopper and the Ants
  • Little Toot
  • The Pied Piper
  • The Country Cousin
  • Who Killed ________ Robin
  • The Skeleton Dance
  • Springtime
  • The Tortoise and the Hare
  • Casey At the Bat
  • Pluto's Theme
  • Three Little Pigs
  • Goofy's Theme
  • Minnie's Yoo Hoo
  • Donald Duck Theme
  • Box Lunch
  • Camping Out
  • Funny Little Bunnies
  • Playful Pluto
  • Pluto's Playmate
  • Puppy Love
  • Steamboat Willie
  • Bone Trouble
  • Don Donald
  • Mickey's Polo Team
  • Mickey's Rival
  • Pluto's Blue Note
  • The Merry Dwarfs
  • Father Noah's Ark
  • The Goddess of Spring
  • The Cookie Carnival
  • Peculiar Penguins
  • Crazy Over Daisy
  • Figaro and Cleo

What do you think? I told you it's quite hefty. Maybe we should scrap some and restore, but what? What should be removed and what should stay? I just added "Figaro and Cleo", too.

mharrington

Original Poster
WDW's new Toontown's themed year is 1950, the same year as when the Goofy cartoon, "Motor Mania", was released. The reason I'm going this route is because of the partial name of the new Goofy ride to be put there.. Since this Toontown will also be the version found at Disneyland Berlin, it will make historic sense, because due to World War II, no Disney films were ever released in Germany before 1950, five years after it was defeated in the war. In 1950, the first two Disney films in (West) Germany were released, according to the Internet Movie Database:

• Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs (February 24)
  • Bambi (December 19)

What do you think?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom