Water Park question

MAGICFLOP

Original Poster
I know the knowledge of Disney in here is great. I will ask the question.

When I was a teen in 1975 we came to Disney and I believe they had a water park called "River Country".

Does this still exist? I checked disney.com and saw no listing for it.:veryconfu

kennygman

I know the knowledge of Disney in here is great. I will ask the question.

When I was a teen in 1975 we came to Disney and I believe they had a water park called "River Country".

Does this still exist? I checked disney.com and saw no listing for it.:veryconfu

No River Country has been closed permanently. It is in a state of sad disrepair now.

Connor002

If you're still interested in stopping by...
(From www.disneypix.com)

RC0505-19.jpg

RC0505-16.jpg

RC0505-13.jpg

RC0505-22.jpg

kasey1988

kinda a sight for sore eyes, they should either do somthing with it or tear it down and build somthing new. I kinda hope they revamp it though! i never had a chance to go there and would love to. Can you see it from anywhere or is it kinda hidden?

tigsmom

kinda a sight for sore eyes, they should either do somthing with it or tear it down and build somthing new. I kinda hope they revamp it though! i never had a chance to go there and would love to. Can you see it from anywhere or is it kinda hidden?

They won't be revamping it, you can swim in fresh water in Florida because of a bacteria that can cause neuro problems and even death when exposed for too long. If you go over to Fort Wilderness you can see the ruins.
It was small and the new water parks are more sophisticated and have a much larger capacity.

There are a bunch of threads on this subject and a quick search will bring them up. :wave:

when you take the boat launch from the magic kingdom over to the wilderness lodge/camp wilderness area you can see part of what was river country. i never got the opportunity to go there either as i didn't start going to wdw until 1999, but my husband is the original disney lover in the fam and when i pointed and asked what that area was (i thought it was part of camp wilderness) he said it was river country.

natalia1681

River Country is CLOSED????

I was there this weekend:lookaroun:lol:

I guess that explains the short lines:lookaroun

BRING BACK RIVER COUNTRY!!!:cry::cry::cry:

DisneyMusician2

I was never a huge River Country fan, but they really do need to do something with the area. I am not sure what, but it is some prime real estate near to the resorts, and something could be done to improve and bring a new feel to the land.

kachow

Yeah, I remember going once as a kid and the lake thing didn't really work for me. The water had that "lake smell" and there were little fish swimming around.

kcnole

By todays water park standards, River Country wasn't much to write home about, but it did have a nice intimate feel to it.

When it was built it was a marvel however as it was the first water park ever. Another amazing thing invented by Disney.

CatLady

When we took the Haunted Hayride a couple weeks ago, I whispered to my friends, "Want to see something REALLY scary? Look down that way... it's the ghost of River Country past!" They had seen the recent photos, so they knew exactly how scary I meant.

I hope they do something with that area. The CMs in recreation in that area suspect that part of the area will eventually be resurrected to create some kind of a feature pool, because the pools at Fort Wilderness are one of the guest complaints. Guests complain there and at the value resorts about the lack of a feature slide.

Tara Stone

River country was one of my favorite things about Disney as a child..and an adult! I am afraid of heights yet love water slides and at RC you walked paths that meandered up hills in the trees!

As I have been told by many a CM...river is closed for the same reason you can't swim any of the beaches of Bay Lake...nasty bacteria and I do remember being a little quesy after being in the water of the beach at the GF in 1995!

It really is a shame because it was such a cute little place that was never mobbed like Typhoon and Blizzard

goofntink

Aww come one guys,it's not that bad,all of us here could get together one weekend and clean it up. A little mowing and some landscaping and the Pool just needs filling, the leaves skimmed out and a little chlorine. Then we could rename it WDWMAGIC River Country.:rolleyes:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom