Please Help Save the Country Bear Holiday Show!

One Lil Spark

EPCOT Center Defender
Original Poster
Hi All!

It's recently been brought to my attention that the higher ups at WDW have axed the Country Bear Jamboree Christmas show. (Thank you Steve for the awesome updates on this.) It turns out that the head haunchos want to save some money by not changing the shows out. They see the Christmas Special as something they make little to no profit off of, so it's not worth it anymore.

I know it's really easy to read something like that and shrug it off because maybe Country Bear Jamboree isn't your favorite attraction, but I urge you all to look at this news from a different perspective please.

Not having the Christmas Special this year isn't making everyone as happy as one would think. This was one of the only attractions on property that actually got some TLC each holiday season and had a change in show format to fit the festive spirit. I've heard from Cast Members first hand that they, along with Park Managers, are none too happy that they're doing away with the Christmas Special this year.

Maybe you can see the higher up's reasoning for it not being 'profitable' and might even agree. Please remember that when Walt Disney first pitched his ideas for a Christmas parade, he was warned that wasn't profitable - and it really isn't - but this is one more reason for the guests to come back during the Christmas season, thus creating more revenue through ticket sales.

The Cast Members for CBJ take great pride in their work, but knowing that they're not going to get the breathe of life put back into their attraction this holiday season is lowering their morale and esteem.

I know that I would LOVE to have my children see this attraction - whenever I have them :lol: - and it saddens me to think that I may have seen the last showing of it I'll ever see in my lifetime.

You may be wondering at this point, "Well Jenn, this sounds like a valiant cause, but what can I do to help try to save the Country Bear Christmas Special from my computer?" Well, you're in luck! I have a simple, fast, easy way to help out this wonderful cause. Just send an e-mail to wdw.guest.communications@disneyworld.com , or express your concern at MK Guest Relations if you are in the parks. It takes all of five minutes (or less!)

Thank you for your time,
Have a magical day,
Jenn - Lover & Protector of those darned cute bears

Buford

The Cast Members for CBJ take great pride in their work, but knowing that they're not going to get the breathe of life put back into their attraction this holiday season is lowering their morale and esteem.

wow.... that's a great point! I'm sending my email now! Thanks, Jenn :wave:

maggiegrace1

P1010109_109.jpg

SAVE THE BEARS!!!!
I will send one Jenn..Thanks..:)

mousermerf

Account Suspended
Hmm.. i dunno..

First off, this is giving people who only come in the holiday season a chance to watch the regular Country Bear Jamboree. There have been arguements for ages that giving WDW the Haunted Mansion Nightmare Before Christmas overlay would be a poor choice because of these seasonal-only travelers - why should the Country Bear Jamboree be any different?

I personally think showing HalloWishes on non-MNSSHP nights was a mistake too.

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
Hmm.. i dunno..

First off, this is giving people who only come in the holiday season a chance to watch the regular Country Bear Jamboree. There have been arguements for ages that giving WDW the Haunted Mansion Nightmare Before Christmas overlay would be a poor choice because of these seasonal-only travelers - why should the Country Bear Jamboree be any different?

I personally think showing HalloWishes on non-MNSSHP nights was a mistake too.

I see your point, but...

If you follow this logic then why even decorate the parks for Christmas, because the seasonal tourists won't get to see Main Street, etc. as it was designed.

mousermerf

Account Suspended
I see your point, but...

If you follow this logic then why even decorate the parks for Christmas, because the seasonal tourists won't get to see Main Street, etc. as it was designed.

Because those are spaces, not attractions - I can appreciate Main Street's general atmosphere with or without garland. I do not like some of the music for the holiday, I admit. The music in Epcot gets overbearing quickly as its inescapable and i think it needs to be regulated to the area immediately around the lighted archways only. SSE does not need the Carol of the Bells playing around it - EVER.

I really got annoyed with the music during the Flower and Garden festival this year as it was meant to be "romance" themed with music from animated films and they removed the regular Epcot entrance loop for it.

See.. I haven't agreed with some choices they've made for a long time :)

Buford

I see your point, but...

bingo! Gives guests a reason to come back another time during the year.

works both ways :)

CThaddeus

Done. I also made sure to thank them for reopening Wonders of Life, should both rumors turn out to be true. And mousemerf, while I'm with you on the overbearing and inescapable Christmas music, I love ALL of the holiday overlays done here at Disneyland. If the only attraction that gets the Christmas overlay in Florida is the Country Bears, then I hope Disney reconsiders. I don't care for country music, and Christmas music gets old very quickly, but the Country Bear Christmas Special has never failed to put a smile on my face. I only wish I COULD still see it here in California.

CHAPPS

Account Suspended
I'm sold!

Hi All!

It's recently been brought to my attention that the higher ups at WDW have axed the Country Bear Jamboree Christmas show. (Thank you Steve for the awesome updates on this.) It turns out that the head haunchos want to save some money by not changing the shows out. They see the Christmas Special as something they make little to no profit off of, so it's not worth it anymore.

I know it's really easy to read something like that and shrug it off because maybe Country Bear Jamboree isn't your favorite attraction, but I urge you all to look at this news from a different perspective please.

Not having the Christmas Special this year isn't making everyone as happy as one would think. This was one of the only attractions on property that actually got some TLC each holiday season and had a change in show format to fit the festive spirit. I've heard from Cast Members first hand that they, along with Park Managers, are none too happy that they're doing away with the Christmas Special this year.

Maybe you can see the higher up's reasoning for it not being 'profitable' and might even agree. Please remember that when Walt Disney first pitched his ideas for a Christmas parade, he was warned that wasn't profitable - and it really isn't - but this is one more reason for the guests to come back during the Christmas season, thus creating more revenue through ticket sales.

I know that I would LOVE to have my children see this attraction - whenever I have them :lol: - and it saddens me to think that I may have seen the last showing of it I'll ever see in my lifetime.

You may be wondering at this point, "Well Jenn, this sounds like a valiant cause, but what can I do to help try to save the Country Bear Christmas Special from my computer?" Well, you're in luck! I have a simple, fast, easy way to help out this wonderful cause. Just send an e-mail to wdw.guest.communications@disneyworld.com , or express your concern at MK Guest Relations if you are in the parks. It takes all of five minutes (or less!)

Thank you for your time,
Have a magical day,
Jenn - Lover & Protector of those darned cute bears

Jenn,

That was an incredibly well written argument. I have to admit that when I read the title, I had planned to reply with something along the lines of "It's not worth saving anyway." But you made such a compelling argument, and I agree with every word. Not only did I just now send my email off to guest services as you suggested, but now you've got me really fired up about seeing the holiday version this year!

dazzer68

sent mine and ive never even seen the show!...but just not happy with the constant cut backs,now perhaps if were a pixar themed attraction.....

One Lil Spark

EPCOT Center Defender
Original Poster
Thank you so much everyone who has already sent a quick email to guest relations. You have no idea how happy this makes me. (I actually just teared up a little bit reading your posts. :) I'm a huge nerd, I know!)

PintoColvig

While your at it, please ask them for a better script. Typically, I like the CBJ but when I saw the Xmas show last year, I was greatly disappointed. It sucked eggs from the beginning to the end. My wife, who is not as critical as me, agreed completely.

Good luck on your campaign but if you are successful, I will be skipping CBJ this December.

MickeyTigg

While your at it, please ask them for a better script. Typically, I like the CBJ but when I saw the Xmas show last year, I was greatly disappointed. It sucked eggs from the beginning to the end. My wife, who is not as critical as me, agreed completely.

Good luck on your campaign but if you are successful, I will be skipping CBJ this December.

I on the other hand, think that the Christmas show is a better show.

Thank you Jen for starting this thread.

I'm working on my email now.

Shaman

[rumbling in the distance]

*drives into thread with bulldozer*

Waaaait...silly me, I thought it said "Please help Destroy the Country Bear Show"...:eek:

Awwwkward...

*backs out*

:lookaroun

(Jenn I didn't know you liked the CBJ)
The holiday version is better than the regular version...they should just keep the holiday version up...or replace the show with something better. :lookaroun

:p

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom