The Living Seas wall is DOWN!

PKD

I don't want to start a new topic, and I'm to lazy to search, but will this be a fastpass? Or even Turtle Talk? I just missed it. Got back Saturday. But most of our trip Turtle Talk was at 1 hr, and a 4 show wait. When this opens up, TTWC will be SWAMPED! I figure a large ammount of guests just don't know about it still, but when they are dumped into it after the Nemo Ride, they will check it out and it will be MUCH WORSE!

Turtle Talk II should take care of this problem!!

xcrashx15

Thanks for the pics and video, I'll be there in two days with a friend of mine that has been imitating those seagulls ever since the movie came out, and we'll definitely go check it out... although it's somewhat against my better judgment since he'll probably imitate them for the rest of the day... (and he's 25 for those that were wondering :cool: )!

I especially love the overheard video dialogue:

"what are they saying?"
"mine, mine, mine... didn't you see the movie?"
"no"
"in the movie they go after some of the fish [explains]... now that you know what they're saying it's much funnier, isn't it?"
"haha, yeah, it's such a riot!"

and then the whole "what day did the wall come down?" exchange (another obsessed wdwmagic poster?)

SGT623

You TOTALLY jacked my avatar! :lol:

Seriously, though/ It's sort of taboo on a forum to take another's avatar without asking, especially when it's someone's artwork. In this case, it's a combination of an actual carved pumpkin, and a lighting effect in Photoshop for the flicker, but anyway.

It may sound petty, but people can get confused when people share the same av, so, can you grab something else?

I got tired of people stealing my avatars so I plastered my screen name across my current one. Should stop most of the thiefs dead in there tracks. :)

Thanks to all for the great information on The Seas!

ZambeziZelda

Original Poster
Well, me and my friend sat for about 3 hours in front of The Seas, hoping they'd let us in to ride. FINALLY, when we had decided to stay for another 20 minutes and then go clock in for work, a manager walked over to us, and told us to hang tight...10 minutes later, we were sitting in a Clamobile. The ride is really cute, it was worth sitting around for 3 hours :) It relies heavily on projection, but not in an obnoxious sort of way. The Angler Fish animatronic is pretty cool :) The bit where Nemo and his buddies seem to be floating around in the real tank uses the Pepper's Ghost Effect...when I test road the ride a few weeks ago (none of the effects were on, it was boring...) you could see the pane of glass that the fish were going to be projected onto. Look above your clamobile during the real-fishies part, you can see the fish that are being projected into the water. Also, the queue is SUPER COOL, I almost wish there was a line to wait in just so I could have looked at it. Anyways, I shouldn't have even gotten on a computer, I have to clock in pretty dang soon, but I wanted to let you all know how I liked it!

Main Street USA

Indeed. This is a sideways orientated Omni, just like Horizons was. All the show scenes are on the outside of the loop. Ride maintainence and machinery are inside the loop. And no, they arn`t the Horizons ride vehicles. Sniff.
The Horizons cars didn't have swinging doors, though, they had sliding doors. I know you probably remember this, marni, this was more of a response to merf's "swinging doors" comment. I miss the sliding, and the little light up scenes, and the orange.....ugh.

Main Street USA

I got tired of people stealing my avatars so I plastered my screen name across my current one. Should stop most of the thiefs dead in there tracks. :)

Thanks to all for the great information on The Seas!
He actually PMed me and hes going to change it, and told me he got it off of another site, which means it's way too late for me to care. I used it a year or so back, and I'm sure someone from another site jumped on these forums, saw it, and said, ooo cool pumpkin, THEIVED it, and went on their merry way. Oh well. I know I carved that pumpkin. That's all that matters. Eh, it's the internet, what are ya gonna do?

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
The Horizons cars didn't have swinging doors, though, they had sliding doors. I know you probably remember this, marni, this was more of a response to merf's "swinging doors" comment. I miss the sliding, and the little light up scenes, and the orange.....ugh.
Orange... oranges... ORANGES!! Ahh.. THAT smell... :lol:

Yep, I remember Horizons all too well. I`m surprised the doors swing. Cost saving perhaps? That`s not a critisicm BTW, wannab :D

I`m just happy we get a (half) new Omnimover in Futureworld.

Main Street USA

Yep, I remember Horizons all too well. I`m surprised the doors swing. Cost saving perhaps? That`s not a critisicm BTW, wannab :D

Agreed about the new omnimover. I think this is a MUCH bigger deal than some are letting on. I NEVER thought I'd see another omnimover/dark ride type attraction added, no matter how large or small.

wannab@dis

:lol:

Theming... it's all about the theming. :lookaroun

When was the last time you saw a clam with a "sliding" mechanism? I have seen them "open and shut" tho. :p

SirGoofy

Agreed about the new omnimover. I think this is a MUCH bigger deal than some are letting on. I NEVER thought I'd see another omnimover/dark ride type attraction added, no matter how large or small.

Yea I'll third that one. I love me some dark rides, and they really seem to have put their full effort into this one. Seems to have a really detailed queue, which makes me giddy too. Long live the omnimover! Too bad it'll be 4-5 years before I get a chance to experience it.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
When was the last time you saw a clam with a "sliding" mechanism? I have seen them "open and shut" tho. :p
Aha. The. Penny. Finally. Drops. for poor Martins overworked brain.

To quote Geenie, "Boy - do I feel Sheepish." (bahh)

To quote a smilie, :hammer:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom