IT'S OFFICIAL - December Meet 12/4-12/5

wannabeBelle

KevinPage said:
Leave it to a Long Islander to inform a Staten Islander. I think the garbage dump rotted your brain :lol: :lol: :xmas:
Oh by the way TigsMom lives upstate, not in Long Island!!! Monroe isnt that far away though so it is understandable! Belle
P.S. Keep your head down in the upcoming storm!!! Be Careful!!!!

tigsmom

phlydude said:
Sometimes it's best not to tell people that there's giblets in the gravy!

Those who have ever stayed in Philly are probably aware of what scrapple is (or have heard of it). It's one of those things that smells awesome when it is being cooked, tastes even better when you eat it but if you read the ingredient list, you might not ever eat it again. My wife has ruined it for my in-laws who were willing to try it until she blurted out for them to read the label...

Personally, I feed the giblets to the dog. My MIL always tells me..."never tell them what in it, just tell them to eat it." :lol:

tigsmom

KevinPage said:
Leave it to a Long Islander to inform a Staten Islander. I think the garbage dump rotted your brain :lol: :lol: :xmas:

Staten Island....speny many happy summer vacations at my aunt's home in Midland Beach.

Belle, I really wish I could be there, but I just can't afford it after July's vacation; if I could I'd leave everyone else home and meet you all there. :wave:

tigsmom

wannabeBelle said:
Oh by the way TigsMom lives upstate, not in Long Island!!! Monroe isnt that far away though so it is understandable! Belle
P.S. Keep your head down in the upcoming storm!!! Be Careful!!!!

:lol: Well, you are both right...I live upstate now, but I grew up on the boarder of Queens Village & Elmont in Nassau County. :wave:

disneytati

wannabeBelle said:
Well I didnt see you jumping in to explain what any of this stuff was!! I at least took a shot!!! Besides I couldnt leave my friend Tati just hanging out there with no explanation!! Gotta take care of my board members!!!!!! Belle

Thanks, Belle!!! You are such a great friend!!! :)

Gucci65

Kevin/Belle/Pam

For those of us who cannot afford to pay $60 per person for the dinner, will you be posting a meet schedule for the weekend?

Even though I won't be eating dinner with you folks I would still like the opportunity to meet wdwmagic members.

Thanks

KevinPage

Original Poster
Gucci65 said:
Kevin/Belle/Pam
For those of us who cannot afford to pay $60 per person for the dinner, will you be posting a meet schedule for the weekend?
Even though I won't be eating dinner with you folks I would still like the opportunity to meet wdwmagic members.
Thanks

Yes we will. We are in the planning stages of such :xmas:

disneytati

KevinPage said:
Yes we will. We are in the planning stages of such :xmas:

I WANNA GOOOO!!!!! :cry:

Sorry, I am a little bit desperate, you know... Let me get back to a controlled state of mind... :hammer: If I go, I won't miss the opportunity to have dinner with you guys. (even knowing that this is something like $180 in my currency... :fork: If my husband knows I am planning something like that... :hammer: )

conntom

Looks like I miss again I won't be there till the 5 oh thats ok.
Then again I an in WDW I meet a lot of people from all over
the world. maybe I will meet Belle again around Offkilter I know
she be there.

rosebud's mom

Actaully, there are a few of us who aren't arriving until the 5th. There will be other unofficial get-togethers planned, just keep watching here. I'm guessing that Saturday night might also end up at the Adventurer's Club ? Am I right ?

conntom

Hi rosebud's mom Thats the first Place I go is the Adventurer's Club it
is so much fun you can't miss me iam a very big man with a big smile
on my face just say hi I would love it. this go for all just say hi we
can talk about Disney and things Hope to see you there.

Nicole

Question about the dinner - is it Saturday or Sunday night?? Also, is there a child's price? I'll be traveling alone with my 4 year old, and while she is well behaved enough that I don't worry about bringing her to the dinner, I can't really justify paying $60 for her to eat two bites of turkey. OR am I being selfish to other attendees by bringing her - should I hook her up at one of the resort clubs instead??

Kingdom Konsultant

WDWMAGIC Board Sponsor
Premium Member
WDWMAGIC Sponsor
NSCMC said:
Question about the dinner - is it Saturday or Sunday night?? Also, is there a child's price? I'll be traveling alone with my 4 year old, and while she is well behaved enough that I don't worry about bringing her to the dinner, I can't really justify paying $60 for her to eat two bites of turkey. OR am I being selfish to other attendees by bringing her - should I hook her up at one of the resort clubs instead??

I should have an answer on this question on Tuesday. I placed a call on Thursday to the woman from Special events and she will be out of the office until then

Pam

disneytati

conntom said:
Hi rosebud's mom Thats the first Place I go is the Adventurer's Club it
is so much fun you can't miss me iam a very big man with a big smile
on my face just say hi I would love it. this go for all just say hi we
can talk about Disney and things Hope to see you there.

Never been there, but I've heard it's pretty cool!

Kingdom Konsultant

WDWMAGIC Board Sponsor
Premium Member
WDWMAGIC Sponsor
If anyone has questions about payment or you're unsure if you can afford this for any reason, please feel free to contact me.

Pam

disneytati

Kingdom Konsultant said:
If anyone has questions about payment or you're unsure if you can afford this for any reason, please feel free to contact me.

Pam

Well, if I manage to save enough money to fly to the USA, I will probably have problems with payment... I am from Brazil, and don't have a credit card... But I can try to find someone else's card to pay for the dinner... As I've said before , it's something about 180,00 in my currency, and it's not a small amount to put in someone else's card. But anyway, I have good friends. :) But getting the meet's t-shirt will be even worse, yeah? Well, let's first see if I can afoord traveling, and then we take care of the details.

wannabeBelle

Hey everyone, BIG newsflash. I spoke to Pam after she had receved the contract from Disney. The price quoted per person was even higher than we had quoted!!! We called Disney and were told that there is a minimum dollar amount that has to be met to have a private venue. The minimum dollar amount was $2500.00 which was not feasible for us at the price that we were willing to pay. The number of people does not matter, but the minimum of $2500.00 has to be met. For us the number of people would have made a difference. I am working with a very nice event planner at Disney to arrange a more appropriate, less expensive venue for our special gathering. The Meet will still absolutely proceed and I Am looking foward to meeting everyone!! I am going to be making some more phone calls tonight and will have a better option for us this evening!!!! Thanks for your patience and understanding. If you have already sent in your payment, Pam will be returning your check to you. Any questions, please post them or PM Me and Ill try to answer anything I can!!! Belle

rosebud's mom

Thanks for all the hard work ! I'm an adult leader for a BSA Venture Crew and I know how frustrating the endless streams of phone calls trying to nail down dates, places, times, and fees can be! Lokking forward to meeting everybody too ! I moved our reservations back, so we'll be arriving sometime late afternoon on Saturday. That way, we'll start our vacation in the Adventurer's Club !

cherrynegra

Thanks Belle for all the hard work and dealing with the powers that be at Disney. It's not easy planning something for people who are diverse geographically. Just remember what I told you about channelling your inner you-know-what. :lol:

Nicole

Well I changed my reservation to be at WDW for the meet. I wasn't able to get in to the CBR so I'll be at the AS Music the 4th and 5th, then I'll move "up" to the CBR.

Belle, whatever you end up with will be fine, thanks to you and Pam for coordinating this for us!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom