Kelly & Johnny D's Wacky Disney Hijinx! Day 8 Last Day :(

Wednesday, August 18

I pop out of bed at 6:30am. There is no way I’m not getting every ounce out of this day. We are at the park right on the open after picking up some fruit and a croissant to share at Coronado Springs. We decided we like the light breakfast and will try that more next vacation. We got to Epcot right around opening time and headed to TT and got a fastpass with a surprise HISTA fastpass which we didn’t use. We then went to visit my friends the manatees or as we refer to them, the guinea pigs of the sea. Such similar creatures as they are cute to watch, have personalities, but really only loaf around eating and napping all day. My schmigglies back home are now the proud owners of a manatee beanie baby that sits in their house, a gift from the living seas. I really love the Nemo exhibit and JD and I took our time exploring all the different fish and stories about them. We spent a good 20 minutes watching the manatee as they ran along the ground pushing themselves along with their flippers, they are very cute. I think we spent about an hour here and headed over to the Figment ride. Does anyone know if that song it sings now is the same “One little Spark” from the old ride? After this we went on HISTA. It’s so funny the reaction from the crowd at the mice near the feet. It was nice to sit in here because it was so hot outside. We then went to ride Living with the Land but the line was way too long for that and I couldn’t even imagine fast passing that ride. We then headed out to really explore the world since we bounced from country to country but didn’t really just do the worlds the whole trip. So we started in the UK and went all the way to Mexico. In the UK we talked to a boy from England, though I can’t remember where exactly. He was really nice and talked to us all about the chess sets then about the Red Sox and how they were beating the Cubs who were his favorite team in the states. Apparently his sister lives in Chicago. It was fun to talk to him. We continued on and I put on the Root perfume in Canada, I underestimated how strong it was and smelled for the rest of the day. I had a pina colada after Morocco, very tasty. One of these days we are going to drink around the world. We both love the shop in Japan. I was very happy with myself when they came out with the monchichi’s. Our friends thought I was crazy because being a child of the 80’s that was a short lived cartoon on Saturday mornings. Well, no one remembers it, so now I have a photo to prove I’m not insane! Anyone here remember the cartoon? Even better, anyone who knows the opening song? We stopped off in America for JD’s last chicken sandwich and more pickles. In Italy they did a show titled something like the Taming of the Shrew but not sure what the twist was. It was a riot. They almost chose JD to play a character and just as the guy went to put the cloak on him, John moved to the left and the guy didn’t miss a beat and grabbed the next guy. Very funny show, the audience got into it. They had a man playing a woman so that was funny. Then it was time for my lunch at Biergarten. I was so excited to go here to see the show. The food was pretty good too. We sat with a family that didn’t talk to us, I don’t like the sitting at tables not knowing anyone thing but hey, if we were really at Oktoberfest that’s how it would be. I love the look of this restaurant and we had a really nice waiter. I tried a little of everything but didn’t stuff myself. After lunch we went to Norway and rode the Maelstrom then to Mexico to ride El Rio del Tiempo. Norway had some damage in the shop where the Helly Hansen (sp?) stuff is, some dryers were going on the floor and that section was closed off. Other than that, the only bad damage seemed to have happened only to trees in the area, quite a few were down. A lot more damage was seen over near Hotel Plaza Boulevard. We decided it was time to get over to the Magic Kingdom. When we got there, a guy handed us his fastpasses, good for right then, for Space Mountain! Luck was on our side this whole trip. So we went on and got front seat again. I’ll never ride in the 2nd car again because I didn’t feel sick once sitting up front and it doesn’t hurt as much. We went on Buzz after this and road the TTA twice to cool off. It was really relaxing and funny to hear Stitch wreaking havoc in the new attraction. The floor in the entry way is still all dug up. We then walked over to Toontown and got our photo taken with Mickey, no wait! They took their time and took 2 pictures of us. I thought for some reason that Donald was supposed to be in his boat. So I go over to find him as JD checks the wait on Barnstormer. No Donald but it was like a land mine trying to get out of the place without getting soaked! Some little brat pulled a string that jetted water down my back and sat there laughing at me… ok I guess I deserved it going in there thinking Donald would be there. I ran out and JD laughed at me. Oh well! I found a really adorable hat for JD’s Goddaughter/niece who is 3 months old. We put it on her on Sunday, so cute! It has pooh on the front and is white with purple gingham on the underside. We got in line for Barnstormer, pretty funny as we were the only two adults with no kids on our plane haha This park makes me want to have kids, I found myself thinking of baby names as I waited in lines. SICK very sick. But some of the little angels are the best birth control you could ever ask for. Especially around 2pm naptime ;) After our flight we hopped on the train to Frontierland and got fastpasses for Splash and rode GTMRR. Then to HM, then pirates, then dinner at Pecos Bill’s. I got the chicken wrap this time which was so good I will probably always get that from now on. I also got my last side of pickles. After dinner we went to Philharmagic as it started to rain. After Philharmagic, we tried to get on our last Splash but the ride was not working correctly. Guess it wasn’t in the cards to have ridden 7 times in our trip. So we went on Pirates again then the HM. After this, it was almost firework time but a vacation is not a vacation without an ice cream cookie sandwich from Sleepy Hollow. Again, if you haven’t tried it, do it next time! They make the cookies fresh here and normally you have two warm cookies and vanilla ice cream in the middle but the line was so busy we got fresh cookies that were in the fridge with the ice cream. Still good though! We sat and split it. JD’s mom is a big fan of these now that we introduced her to them on her last trip. One of the first things she asked us when we got back was did you have a cookie sandwich?? Hahaha Then we went to Main Street to get a good spot for Wishes. I love this show, I really do love the music almost as much as Illuminations. It was really sad to be watching it for the last time this trip. I hope someday we can have our wedding at Disney and share these shows with our families. After the show we went to Main Street and did our shopping. I needed mickey slippers and wanted to get fudge for my coworkers. JD needed fudge for his dad’s bday. I ended up getting a Cheshire cat magnet and Pooh Freezer mug. I wouldn’t recommend shopping on the last minute, it was tough getting through the crowds. On our way out we took tons of photos. We love it here and can’t wait to go back. That night we packed and enjoyed our last dip in the pool but it was a fairly cool night and it was freezing! The hot tub was so packed we didn’t even want to go in it. JD started calling it Celebrity Hottub because it was apparently the place to be after park close haha We hopped on a golf cart back to our room, finished packing and went to bed. The next morning we had a $10 charge for using the phone to call local places and use our calling card, no biggie. It was really sad to leave this resort because it was so beautiful. At the airport I returned my Mickey slippers because one of them had a rip in it that I didn’t notice. I’ll buy another pair next trip. I opted instead for Mickeyroni and Cheese and Mickey Chocolate Pretzels. On our JetBlue flight home I got to watch Moulin Rouge for the first time and cried like a baby, I really liked it! JD makes fun of me because I like movies that make me cry (Beaches, Steel Magnolias, etc.) Now we’re back and I’m trying to get JD to go again in November for a long weekend to milk our APs for all they are worth, they expire in December. I hope you all enjoyed reading these reports as I enjoyed reliving them! I love reading long reports so I hope these very long reports haven’t bored anyone ;) And feel free to email me if you have any questions. :wave:

dizneykev

First of all, the "One little Spark" is "almost" the same song as before. it is actually just parts of the whole original one. Now, for your obscure question, about all I can remeber of that cartoon song was this " Mon Chi Chi, Mon chi chi, they're so cute and cuddley".

Enjoyed all of your trip reports.

Dizneykev

Goofette

I just finished reading this last report. Thank you, I enjoyed all of them. I did notice something...you said you caught yourself thinking of baby names while waiting in line, AND I did notice you ate pickles SEVERAL times, plus....the Ice Cream Sandwiches you love....um, is there anything you want to tell us? :lol: :lol: Just Kidding, but couldn't resist! LOL I have a 10 yo, but I do agree with you, sometimes being around some of the little angels is the best birth control (especially ones that pull handles and dump water down your back lol).

I'm glad you two had a great time. Hope you do get to go back and get more use out of your AP. BTW, what did you think of Jet Blue? Would you recommend it to other people?

Thanks for some great reports...I really enjoyed reading them.

Paula/goofette

kellydisney

Original Poster
HA HA! That's all I can remember too "mon chi chi mon chi chi oh so cute and cuddley la la la, la la la. Thanks! haha Paula, thanks for reading all of the reports! I think if all of those added up to one thing, I don't even want to think of it hahahaha but I've always been a big fan of pickles and I didn't. :hurl: and I sometimes feel like passing out normally since I'm very sensitive to smells, I actually passed out in Foxwoods from the smell of smoke so I think I'm in the clear! Whew! :lol: JetBlue, I'll never fly another airline as long as they keep their rates this low. It was spacious, JD is 6'2" and he had tons of leg room, he loved it too. And the seats were comfy and leather, plus you get to watch tv, you really can't go wrong. And if you like snacks on the flight they give you an entire soda, not just a tiny cup of ice with a dash of soda and bags of good treats. Highly recommended! Thanks again for reading :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom