True Love Conquers All - Disney Fairytale Wedding & Disneymoon Sept 2011

I wake up every morning wondering if it was a dream. It was my dream come true – I got married at the Wedding Pavilion in Walt Disney World. I married my best friend who shares my love for Walt Disney and his legacy. I am just the luckiest girl in the world!

How It All Began

My name is Shelley and like many little girls, I always dreamed of being a princess. Here’s a picture of 15 year old me donning the Bride ears back in 1996. I love this picture for so many reasons but I mainly miss the 2 floor Centorium. I like Mouse Gear but I miss my Centorium :(

ShelleyAt15.jpg

When I was in my mid 20’s I became jaded towards love. One night in September 2006, I went out with some of my girlfriends for a girls’ night out. I remember telling them that I just wanted to meet a nice guy who liked Disney. Yep, those were my criteria: nice guy, likes Disney. We proceeded to our favorite bar and it was still a bit early so the bar wasn’t very full. While I was ordering drinks, a guy came up and started talking to us. The funny thing was, he was all by himself! It’s not every day that a guy has the guts to walk up to a group of girls and just start talking. At first I ignored him thinking he was just another jerk. But then he spotted my Kingdom Hearts cigarette case and matching lighter. (Kingdom Hearts is a video game series, sorry – it is the best video game series to grace God’s green earth. If you love Disney and video games, you must play this series.) I remember the face he made at me, like he couldn’t believe we were meeting. He also loved the Kingdom Hearts series and his name was Jason. I remember so much of that night because it changed my life forever. We talked about everything Disney and he told me that his favorite Disney movie was The Sword in the Stone. I found that very interesting because that is not a well-known animated classic. I told him I had a cat and that I had named her after a character in Aristocats. After a few guesses, he said “Oh I know, so you named her Duchess?” (RIP Duchess, we lost her this past June :cry: ). I couldn’t believe I had met my nice guy who liked Disney. I don’t think we ever really dated; we were always in a serious relationship from that point forward.

In 2009 we went on our very first Disney World trip together with my Mom (see the trip report here). At this time, my career was not going well and neither of us had been to Disney World since 2003. This trip changed our lives forever and both of us have made major career strides since then. I have also lost a ton of weight since then :D Let’s take a stroll down memory lane…

PhotoPass_MickeyMinnie.jpg

dcp_0743.jpg

We went back a little over a year later in September 2010 (see the trip report here). On my 29-and-12-month birthday, Jason proposed to me while we were flying over London on Peter Pan’s Flight during Mickey’s Not So Scary Halloween Party, September 21, 2010. I loved his proposal, it was absolutely perfect!

DSCN0283.jpg

DSCN0358.jpg

DSCN0426.jpg

Fashionista007

Original Poster
Planning our Disney Fairytale Wedding

In October 2010, I got the ball rolling with planning our Disney Fairytale Wedding. You can read about our entire planning process in my planning journal. There was no other venue for me besides the Wedding Pavilion and I am so glad it worked out that we were married there! In March 2011, we were interviewed by Inside Disney Weddings. We will probably be interviewed again before I’m finished writing this trip report. I can’t wait to tell them how it all turned out, it was perfect!

Our next trip would be in May 2011 for Star Wars Weekends and wedding planning! We were so excited, it was finally happening!

DSCN0596.jpg

DSCN0617.jpg

DSCN0620.jpg

DSCN0624.jpg

DSCN0846.jpg

Let the Memories Begin!

I cannot wait to share all of our magical memories with you! This trip was filled with the kindness of strangers, guests applauding us as we walked around the property in our wedding attire, magical mousekeeping surprises, and our favorite – we had the chance to meet many of my forum and twitter friends!!

We are still waiting for our professional photos from Disney Photography but they handed us our wedding video at the end of our reception. I posted it on YouTube the day we got back :D Enjoy!

Wedding Video Part 1
Wedding Video Part 2

This trip was 9 days of pure Disney magic! The wedding was on day 4 so stay tuned!

Fashionista007

Original Poster
glad u had a great wedding and disney moon im getting married oct 28th and disney moon oct 19-nov 13 cant wait!!!

Yay Congratulations!!! I gotta tell you, Jason and I both totally freaked out the day before the wedding and the morning of the wedding. From what I've heard, this is pretty common. Embrace it :hammer: Everything will be beautiful and I can't wait to hear all about it!

HollyBelle

Hooooray! Look at you... starting your trip report already. I absolutely love the trip down memory lane. And the wedding video - swoooooon - certainly the stuff fairy tales are made of. I can't wait for more. Congrats again to you and Jason!!

powlessfamily4

Just watched your videos with my 22 year old daughter. It was a beautiful ceremony! You have also given my daughter hope that she will find a Disney guy also.

Congratulations!

PeoplemoverTTA

Wow, it seems like only yesterday I was reading about your engagement! Congrats to you and Jason. I, too, hold out hope of meeting a man who is A) Nice and who B) Loves Disney (that doesn't seem like too much to ask, lol)!

Glad to see I'm not the only one who names her pets after Disney cats. I am typing this as Marie and Oliver sit next to me :D

I can't wait to read all about your wedding and Disneymoon! Congrats again :sohappy:

DimpledDevil18

Congratulations Shelly! I'm so happy for you and Jason both and am glad that you got your fairytale wedding. It sounds like it was the prerfect day for you guys and I can't wait to hear all about it!

Fashionista007

Original Poster
I love both of your T-shirts here!

Haha Thank You!! We got a lot of compliments on those shirts while we were waiting in line at Hollywood Studios at 4AM :D

Hooooray! Look at you... starting your trip report already. I absolutely love the trip down memory lane. And the wedding video - swoooooon - certainly the stuff fairy tales are made of. I can't wait for more. Congrats again to you and Jason!!

Hi Holly!! You know how I roll :ROFLOL: I'm sad that I have to take this TR so slow because I'm waiting on professional pictures!

I love the wedding video and I've only watched it about a bajillion times! It's so funny to see us up on YouTube when just a few months ago I was watching other couples wedding videos. It still makes me cry happy tears every time :cry:

Just watched your videos with my 22 year old daughter. It was a beautiful ceremony! You have also given my daughter hope that she will find a Disney guy also.

Congratulations!

Thank You! Back when I was 22 and single, I totally used to send away for the info packet from Disney Fairytale Weddings. They used to send you a DVD but I guess they stopped because of people like me :hammer:

I think it's much easier for Disney fans to come together now that there are so many forums and blogs that do WDW meets on a regular basis. I have no doubt that your daughter will find the prince of her dreams!

Fashionista007

Original Poster
Aawww....this is all so sweet!

So nice how everything turned out for the better for you. Sweet pictures, you all look beautiful!

Thank you so much! I'm really looking forward to posting the wedding day. I'm trying to get Jason to join and write about what he did that day (not like I don't know, we texted each other all morning LOL).

Hooray! TR has been started. :D

Hi Jackie! You are next, my dear! It's going to go by in a flash so just remember to enjoy every minute of your day!!

:sohappy:
count me in!! i've been waiting to hear all about it, can't wait!!

Yay! I can't wait to write all about it but after this TR is done then it will really be over :cry: I gotta tell you, I didn't mind the attention one bit :sohappy: I wish I could have videotaped every single minute I was in that dress!!

Wow, it seems like only yesterday I was reading about your engagement! Congrats to you and Jason. I, too, hold out hope of meeting a man who is A) Nice and who B) Loves Disney (that doesn't seem like too much to ask, lol)!

Glad to see I'm not the only one who names her pets after Disney cats. I am typing this as Marie and Oliver sit next to me :D

I can't wait to read all about your wedding and Disneymoon! Congrats again :sohappy:

I know this past year flew by in a flash! I think you will meet your prince charming, he's definitely out there!

Yay for Marie and Oliver! I actually like the name Oliver Sebastian for our first boy :) After Duchess passed away in June, we got a pair of kittens and named them Merlin and Mim. The names fit pretty well, Merlin is a little daffy and Mim can be cute and sweet but she is also really really bad sometimes!

Congratulations Shelly! I'm so happy for you and Jason both and am glad that you got your fairytale wedding. It sounds like it was the prerfect day for you guys and I can't wait to hear all about it!

Thank you, it was definitely a fairytale and we had such a great time. I highly recommend the Illuminations Dessert Party, that is something that really wowed our guests. They (and we) truly had no idea how incredibly awesome that would be!! Worth every single penny!

jhoff3405

This is so exciting...antother wedding and Disneymoon! I'm going to watch the video now.
Thanks for making my Sunday morning FUN!

jhoff3405

OKay...had to double post.....just watched the video. You look FANTASTIC!

Loved "When you wish upon a star" during your candle lighting.

Your veil is beautiful & unique-----Being married for 20 years I am not so "up" on wedding couture!

Your love for each other is so evident! :cry:: :)

PartOfYourWorld

Yay!! You started your report!!! :sohappy: Can't wait to read all about it even though I got to hear it all in person!!! :D Just can't get enough of it! So glad me and my mom got to meet you guys! You and Jason have truely become lifelong friends of mine, I feel like I've known you all my life and get along with you both so well! We'll have to have a Kingdom Hearts party sometime :) I have the game for the DS and I'm stuck on one part...

Congrats again!!! :sohappy:

tink65

Oh I am so happy you have started your wedding report! Many, many congratulations! Can't wait to read more!

wdwpooh1027

Congratulations to you both..I am so happy that you had your fairytale wedding. You looked absolutely amazing in your wedding dress and I loved your headpiece. I can't wait to have my wedding there, well hoping. I enjoyed watching your wedding video and looking forward to seeing the professional pictures. Thanks for posting it.

Congrats to the newlyweds..may you a lifetime of memories and happiness :sohappy:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom