The "3882 days between WDW visits is just insane" PTR

So.. 3882 from my last day at WDW until I am there again...crazy? More than a little and NOT what I planned as I left WDW on New Years Day nearly 10 years ago..

Let's back track.. about 4630 days to be exact.. April 6th 1999..first trip to WDW , location..Dixie Landings resort..cast..Myself ( then 24), my mom, my cousin and my son Noah ( then 4.5)

here is Noah and I in Norway ( excuse the pictures..I dont have a scanner and they are pictures of pictures)... I was so much younger..and thinner..ack!
DSCN1749.jpg

And of course just Noah..light of my life ( that was BEFORE he became a rotten teenager..lol).. we did CRT..he acted not happy with all the princesses talking to him..but really..he loved it and made puppy eyes at each one as they approached or left!
DSCN1743.jpg

We had a glorious 10 days at the World..oh my ..we all fell in love..head over heels in love ( careful..love really gets in the way of this girls dreams..lol).

We no sooner get home and I plan another trip for Christmas 2000..so a mere 613 days inbetween.. not as soon as I wanted at the time, boy oh boy does that number seem so small now eh?

So about 522 after leaving WDW I met a guy..yep told ya love was gonna change a few things for this girl . Now up to this point the plan was Jan 2002 my mother was retiring and we were moving to Fl.. I was a waitress(head waitress and trainer thank you very much) and that skill travel wells!

WELL..one day with said guy and I knew I was head over heels in love..somehow WDW moved from #2 on my love list ( yeah my son was #1..lol) to #3 . In 91 days I was to leave this awesome guy for a 14 day trip to the World..boy was that hard ( and easy at the same time).

Well we went to WDW, stayed at CBR.. had 14 awesome days , but that guy 1200 miles away never left my head. Even with all the fun..
DSCN1754.jpg

and the awesome people we met.. Noah was extremely taken with a certain CM named Vivian at the Brazil part of Millennium Village:
DSCN1752.jpg

So after all that fun we went home..and I was glad..BUT plans changed.. in fact 138 days later that guy ( Eric BTW) and I got married. It was great.. and about ONE day later I was expecting our first child together.. well than rather quickly ( about 1704 days to be exact ) we had 3 more kids ( grand total 4...and holding).
Anyone that has 3 kids in 3.5 years ( or 1297 days from first birth to third) knows this..they are costly and exhausting. My WDW dreams had been replaced with nursing,changing diapers, chasing toddlers and then with homeschooling all 4 of them rugrats of mine.

Ok so now we are all the way up until November 19 2011...

So. Nov 2011..but that still needs a little more back story. See I have this friend.. been friends since 1981 in fact. Spent lots of time together in grade school..little less in middle..almost none in High ( lived in different towns). We have ( well in the last 4 years) become very close again. She and her hubby have 7 kids and go to Disney yearly if not more.I'm always jealous as heck..but with a single income and 4 kids..well WDW was just NOT gonna happen for us. I had resigned myself to this. She has asked us to go with them many times..but the numbers on that math scared me even more than the 1704 days from one birth to a third did!

So many little "things" started working in a weird way about 130 days ago. Planets aligned, the economy started picking up in my husbands field..ie LOTS of OT, my friend and her husband leased a building, started plans for a new club and need a head waitress ( still in process but we are soo close to opening and me earning $$) a few nights a week, the kids got older and less work.

My brain started working on the whole..well maybe we CAN do this. We have driven to outside Savannah GA and home not once but twice ( about 997 miles..straight thru EASY). So getting the FL was not an issue. What's 250ish more miles..nuttin!

Then came the free dining in August 2011.. hum.. that was one of my biggest things.. I can do the rooms, I can do the tickets I can do the drive..but the food..ack.. 4 kids, one husband.. that's a lot of food to pay for. ( and yes I know DDP isn't really "free"...but I crunched the numbers..it's close!). Well this "free" DDP sealed the deal. Called my awesome friends got the dates and resort they were going to.

Now we are up to Nov 22 2011 when I called, and made our ressies for two rooms with 7 people ( my mom is joining us) at Pop Century.

So this trip has really been 3629 days in the making. Lots of detours ( AKA KIDS) and life changes along the way..but we are finally on the right path to getting my butt back to WDW.

To say I am excited would be an understatement. I never thought we'd get our youngest 3 there before they all hit double digits. They will be 5 ( almost 6..like within days of us coming back home),7 and 9.. with the oldest turning 17 while there. Oh want to see them?

here's that once cute little boy who pretended he didn't like the pretty princesses..hard to believe he will be 17 in August.
card6.jpg

and here's the tornado triplets ( while they are not true triplets they sure can stir up a tornado and leave a wake of destruction behind)
The one on the left side will be 9 in Feb, the girl was 7 in Oct and the sweet little thing is 5.
card5.jpg

Oh and here is myself and my DH.. and YES that would be a glow stick under my hat.. we were at a parade..I was feeling goofy..enough said!
DSCN1346.jpg

Oh did I mention we are going with friends? Well here's that amazing friend of almost 30 years and her hubby.. forgive them it was Halloween and they were some character's from Jersey Shore..they don't normally look like this:
they will be bringing their 7 kids ( from 16 to 3).. and her mom!
DSCN1398.jpg

Also are these awesome friends:
who will have their one son ( 16)..
DSCN1400.jpg

there may be various other teens that join if they can come up with the cash needed.. we shall see!

So that's who's going...

Now, if your still with me.. it must be known I am a planner.. OCD and I are best friends. I am organized, meticulous and I tend to be a BIT obsessed..

I sit here with 73 days until I can make ADR's, 208 days to have the two reservations paid off, 252 days until we leave, and 253 days until we arrive at WDW ( we will drive if ya missed that.. it's about 1250ish miles..or 22ish hours). I am so obsessed with planning this trip that I am on the boards all the time. Afterall it's been 3629 days since I was IN WDW.. a few things have changed!

Oh..wait... did I mention this is a SURPRISE trip? Oh I didn't..shoot.. well it is. Our 3 youngest kiddo's will NOT be told..The oldest knows..but that's ok.. I told him..lol .

So we don't plan to tell the 3 youngest ( Lord help me keep this secret please? ). The plan is to "decide" last minute to head to GA to visit our friends as we normally do ( we usually go in April though). We plan to leave at a time that will have us arrive in orlando at day break on the 19th..so the kids will wake and we will BE in WDW ( they won't notice we missed our exit to Savannah..lol).. the oldest and my mother are Amtraking it down as the drive is just too long for my mom.

So if all goes as planned my kids are going to be SHOCKED..thrilled I hope.. excited and full of magic I pray.

So that's a ways down the road..I try not to think on it too much right now.. on to plans right?

Sooo.. we are part of a rather grand Grand Gathering. We are all on DDP ( upgraded to regular from QS).. so 2 credits will used for something ( we haven't decided what.. I would already know but they are not the pre-planners I am!).

On August 23rd my oldest turns 17..the plan is MK that day then boat it over to Hoop Dee Doo for the early show. I am not thrilled we can't get cat 1 seating except at the 9:30 show..but we will survive ( 2000 we had the front table..it was GREAT).

I know we have to eat at Coral Reef ( i know I know..but I have to for the Dh who does NOT understand WDW and would prefer NOT to go) and I'd like to do Sci Fi and Whispering Canyon..

Once the calendars come out for August I can start planning what parks,what days and then yeppie..ADR time!!!

I am still internally debating on buying a stroller for my youngest. He's..welll..adorable but rather dramatic.. and if he gets tired..um.. I will make the notable list for sure. I plan to "train" all 3 wee ones to walk miles a day... so I guess I'll make this decision as it gets closer.

So there's my PTR up to today...if you came and read..awesome..if not..my feelings won't be too hurt..really..I'll hold it together.. I swear..

mickeysshoes

Awesome report..we will be there the same time you are!! I am planning and doing the same things your are!!! DH will come around once you get there and he see how happy WDW makes you and you will be planning the next trip before you know it!!! Dont wish the time away to fast...because once it gets here the time will go even faster!!! Have fun planning each step!! Hope you all have an AWESOME trip!!

Alison1975

Original Poster
I hope your all right about DH but I doubt it.. he's just not that guy..he's going to barely enjoy watching his kids have a blast..I know him.. I told him he could stay home if he really didn't want to go..LOL

Alison1975

Original Poster
just have to add.. broke the 250 mark..249 days to go. It feels like forever, and I know I don't want to rush thru the next 8 months....but I wanna be at WDW NOW!!!!

GOT2SAMMIES

I love this! First of all you guys are going to have SO MUCH FUN! My Dh was NOT a Disney fan...Heck his first trip was when we took our then 4 year old for his first trip back in 2003! Well 5 trips later, I think he his finally coming around...LOL! We got back in Nov and had Free dining and Like you my group likes..no LOVES to eat... So that sealed the deal for me and plus we ate at places we would have never gone because of the price, Ohana's, Sci-Fi, Plaza! I saved over $800! The HDDR is two dining credits but worth it... They make sure they reconize birthday's, anniversaries ect during the show... Since we used our dining plan the cat 2 wasn;t bad we were on the first floor all the way in the back, not bad seats (granted it wasn;t summer time and I don;t think they had many people seated upstairs). Happy Planning!

Alison1975

Original Poster
I am actually going to request balcony seats..with 3 short kids with us I think it will give them the best chance of seeing the show kwim? When we went in 2000 we had first table by the stage seats...lol..

yeah we will be going to lots of sit downs that we would never be able to do with the amount of people without free dining.. I did the math.. we are going to make out like bandits..my teen and Dh can get their weight in food..the buffets aren't going to know what hit em...LOL

Alison1975

Original Poster
Ok my plans thus far....

August 15th.. Tell my three youngest we have decided to go to GA to visit the friends we visit every April, yes it's August.. lol ( will be prepared for the rotten mood my then 9.5 year old will be in as he does NOT like going).. we plan to tell them we are going for 3 days.

August 17th.. spend the day packing the van. My oldest will go to my mother's house. The three wee ones are being told Noah can't get the time off work to go with us, so he will be staying with my mother.... in reality they are Amtraking it down to orlando.

August 18th...Noah and my mother leave at 6:55 on Amtrak from Albany NY. Current plan is we leave around 4/5am . Reason for this is then we will blow by our stop in GA while the kids are sleeping and they will wake up IN WDW..downfall to this is that we will arrive in Orlando about 1/2am...LOL..so this may be tweaked..one option is to stop in lower SC at a motel..BUT then there will be no waking up in WDW..sigh..decisions decisions..

August 19th.. arrive in Orlando..first stop Walmart for cases of water, boxes of cereal, granola bars, chips, milk, 2 liters of soda etc. We will have our LARGE cooler with us so add ice and we are good to go! No fridge needed.
Next get to POP..check in..wayyyy early...LOL.. let the kids swim while we wait for Noah and my mom to get to the Orlando Amtrak station~ Alternative to this is their train is wayyyy late and we head to the parks.

First park is MK..

August 20th~

August 21st~

August 22nd ~

August 23rd~ Noah's 17th birthday... MK today then boat to Hoop Doo Dee

August 24th~

August 25th~

August 26th~

August 27th~

August 28th ~ My 36th Birthday.. not sure what we will do special.. last day in the parks also the day my friends may have to leave because their kids are in school ( mine are all homeschooled)

August 29th~ sadly pack up the van and head back to the real work...whaaa.. We may add another day to our base passes so we can enjoy a half day at the parks before we head home..if we do this we will stop overnight in NC on the way home.

Now as of yet we will NOT have hoppers.. it's just a LOT more for 7 people to add hoppers ( we had em for both our other trips..but there was only 3 of us..lol)...

So i am planning one park per day.. DHS is NOT one of my faves.. so I doubt we will do more than one day there.. and AK is 1 MAYBE 2 days.. Epcot 2 the rest in MK... No water park days unless I come into so serious extra money..LOL

I am pretty flexible..well as much as ADR's and non-hopper passes will allow. I want to be able to spend time at the pool and such with my kids too..not just park time!

Oh and I love talking to myself... he he he..

Alison1975

Original Poster
247 days! I made a payment yesterday and will make another one tomorrow ( system is down right now..)...every little payment I make ,makes it feel that much more real!!! I've almost paid 20% of the total package ( 2 ressies, 6 of the 7 people as my mother is paying her part herself)..very excited!!!

erstwo

This is so exciting! It was 15 years between my 1st 2 trips...... the only difference was that I didn't want to go back. My mother in law offered us a free trip, so we went back and fell in love with WDW!

My brother in law is 'not that guy' either, but he had a blast at WDW this past week. I couldn't really tell - he's hard to read - so I had to keep asking my sister, but he loved seeing his daughter and stepdaughter have so much fun and ..... who doesn't love waking up in the morning and having your biggest decision for the day be - Shall we go to MK and ride Space Mountain or Epcot and ride Soarin? :D I honestly thought he would spend most of the week wakeboarding (that's his thing) but even though he brought his board and his wet suit he never once pulled them out.

I think you're right about the seating at the Hoop De Doo. We sat upstairs last week and we were so glad because all of our kids could clearly see the stage. That'll be on the last day of my TR. :)

Looking forward to the rest of your TR! :wave:

Alison1975

Original Poster
Thank you!!

In so many ways time is moving way too slow..but in so many other's it's ok..LOL.. I think if I didn't have to worry about 7 people PLUS the other 14 that we are having our grand gathering with it would be easier..LOL..

4everDory

What fun! I am totally loving your PTR! We'll be arriving just a few days after you leave, if all goes according to plan. I'll be booking my trip this weekend...we're still trying to decide where we're going to stay. Can't wait to hear about the rest of your plans and how this all pans out. I can't imagine traveling with that many other people and trying to make plans with them all :O It'll be interesting to hear how that all goes :animwink:

Alison1975

Original Poster
he he..i think Interesting is a good word.. it should be something. One thing is they go every year..sometimes twice..where for us it's been 10 years for me and my oldest.. almost 30 for my Dh and never for my 3 youngest.. I will be leaning on their expertise..

Alison1975

Original Poster
Ok so I sit here less than a week before Christmas.. and yet what am I thinking about the most..yep.. WDW in what 244 days..LOL..

Now, If you notice I have a thing with numbers.. I'm slightly OCD and numbers are my "thing" so I thought I do a run down of all the numbers in my head for ya:

6 Days until Christmas
37 days until Declan's big visit to the orthodontist for his big bad mess of a mouth...
55 days until Declan turns 9
63 days until I can make my ADR's
114 days until Easter
151 days until our 10th wedding anniversary
178 days until Recital 2011 begins ( my MIL owns and I work at her large dance center plus all 3 younger ones take multiple classes)
183 days until Recital 2011 is over
198 days until must have the ressies all paid off
236 days until we tell the 3 younger ones the fake story about going to GA to visit friends
242 days until we leave...
243 days until we arrive at WDW

Or something like that....

Alison1975

Original Poster
Just made another payment.. I love Christmas money....LOL.. we have managed to pay off 1/4 of both ressies in less than a month.. of course the speed will slow now that DH's work has slowed down..but I am feeling way more confident we can pay this trip off AND save for serious spending money too!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom