Neon Armadillo
Horizons
Mr Toad's Wild Ride

you get my drift......

NMBC1993

Ah, I get what your saying:wave:

Mine include:
Horizons
River Country(nothing like being mayor for the day)
Alien Encounter
Food Rocks
Enchanted Tiki Room(I was actually in the last show at WDW, according to the CM)
Adventurer's Club
and last but not least...
Beavertails!:slurp:

MarkTwain

Very insightful post. You would think that given how many fond memories guests has had of WDW, and especially of features of WDW that aren't around anymore, you'd think Disney would do SOMETHING to commemorate them. And not all of these things would be as grand a gesture as reopening Horizons, either. Reopen the Adventurer's Club, restore the Chinese theater as the main icon of DHS, put the old Tiki Room show back in, play up EPCOT Center history by going back to the old name logo... There's a vast plethora of Disney history that they could really use to play up on guest's ACTUAL WDW memories, and you'd think that with a campaign based on nostalgia they would at least utilize some of it.

When Disneyland put on their heavily nostalgia-based Happiest Homecoming On Earth, they made several smaller gestures like creating a fireworks show featuring the sounds and music of classic attractions, putting vintage ride posters in the entry tunnels, reopening their long-dormant Tiki Room, repainting their Tomorrowland to something closer to its original color scheme, and putting ride vehicles from extinct attractions out on display. Nothing huge or budget-breaking, but enough that older guests would have tangible ways to actually connect with the park's history, ie, their memories, while celebrating the park's anniversary.

And what do we get? We get a darkened castle every night, plastered with the faces of people we've never met. And if these will in fact be projected on every park icon, then we also get confirmation that the hat will be sticking around another year.

Hopefully there are some other, more impressive announcements that they are holding out on until the campaign gets rolling. I won't hold my breath though.

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
ah, i get what your saying:wave:

Mine include:
Horizons
river country(nothing like being mayor for the day)
alien encounter
food rocks
enchanted tiki room(i was actually in the last show at wdw, according to the cm)
adventurer's club
and last but not least...
Beavertails!:slurp:

i second!! :D

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
  • Being able to get a seat at a restaurant the day of your trip.

• Full menus.

• Prices not overly inflated by the DDP.

• Receipts that didn't tell me how much to tip.

diddy_mouse

There's a vast plethora of Disney history that they could really use to play up on guest's ACTUAL WDW memories, and you'd think that with a campaign based on nostalgia they would at least utilize some of it.

When Disneyland put on their heavily nostalgia-based Happiest Homecoming On Earth, they made several smaller gestures like creating a fireworks show featuring the sounds and music of classic attractions, putting vintage ride posters in the entry tunnels, reopening their long-dormant Tiki Room, repainting their Tomorrowland to something closer to its original color scheme, and putting ride vehicles from extinct attractions out on display. Nothing huge or budget-breaking, but enough that older guests would have tangible ways to actually connect with the park's history, ie, their memories, while celebrating the park's anniversary.

And for this I applaud you, sir. *golf clap*

Though I was not lucky enough to be at Disneyland for the Happiest Homecoming On Earth, I did enjoy the promotion as it ran at WDW. Granted, it was not WDW's anniversary that was being celebrated but rather the park that started it all. It did make me think back to the great times I had at WDW over the years and the fact that I honeymooned in 2005, during the celebration, paved the way for new memories with my husband.

KJ1081

The fantastic music of vintage Epcot- Listen to the Land, One Little Spark, Tomorrow's Child, and forgive me for not knowing the title but the Universe of Energy Theme- those were the days

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom