New Tower drop sequence is open

tnemgif

Someone asked what else is different. The awkward answer is in a sense, the temporary removal of the Fifth Dimension scene. You still go through it, of course, but it's completely covered in black curtains embedded with very basic fiber optics.
This is very dissappointing if it stays this way. I know someone said the black curtains *are* the new effect but I feel like the black curtains could still possibly be hiding something behind them. Those type of 'star curtains' (as they're called in theater) are cheap to rent and easily installed, so they may be a temporary effect as new effects are being installed.
I hope. :shrug:

csm

Original Poster
This is very dissappointing if it stays this way. I know someone said the black curtains *are* the new effect but I feel like the black curtains may actually be hiding something behind them. Those type of 'star curtains' (as they're called in theater) are cheap to rent and easily installed, so they may be a temporary effect as new effects are being installed.
I hope. :shrug:

Holy Not The Case, Batman! This Joker looks like he's getting the last laugh. At least until mid-August.

tnemgif

Holy Not The Case, Batman! This Joker looks like he's getting the last laugh. At least until mid-August.
Shucks... I was really hoping they were temporary. Although I haven't seen it yet, and therefore shouldn't judge, I'm going to. It just all sounds way too similar as to what happened with the SSE descent.

csm

Original Poster
Shucks... I was really hoping they were temporary. Although I haven't seen it yet, and therefore shouldn't judge, I'm going to. It just all sounds way too similar as to what happened with the SSE descent.

Naw, in that case they *removed* fiber opitics :p

_Scar

You know what - this has gone to far.

I was saying it was obvious that people wanted to know what was in the new Tower of Terror ride instead of seeing your "review" on it and denying your right to share it- which was perfectly fine. You don't have to say what the new profile entails, but people do come here to find out and I see it almost daily in threads.Maybe you could have just shared it to begin with and make someone's day better.

How bout this - I did not post a review. I never intended it as a review. I posted a piece of information that the ride is open for those who wish to experience it. Got a problem Scar? Get in your car, start driving up 75 and ride it.

If you've experienced the new drop profile, then what's the big deal about sharing what's so new about it? I mean, do you really take it that seriously? Are you really taking what I posted to heart? :confused::shrug:

It blows my mind that I try to do something helpful for members of a forum that I *don't even read anymore* and I get greeted with this kind of reaction - especially in your case where you have clearly posted a few things directed at me and then deleted them (or a mod did?) when realizing how inappropriate they are.

You said it was 'open'. Great, I think I speak for WDWMagic when I say I appreciate you posting it, but stop trying to make something out of nothing. And no, if I did edit my post, then it was for grammar purposes. My posts were pretty mild compared to some other things I've seen on this forum and flame wars, so I doubt a mod would edit them but who knows? I haven't looked. I have a feeling you read my post and thought I was just screaming at the keyboard whule typing it which was entirely not the case. It was just annoying sarcasm.

And with that, I hope your Tower experience was lovely. :lol::lookaroun

I thought others would be excited to hear that they can ride it earlier than expected. My mistake. Won't happen again from my end. To the mods - and I'm serious - if you'd be willing to delete my account, that would be fine.

P.S.- I have never even been on the ToT, but I figured people wanted to know what is new about it. Sorry for trying to get information? :/ Guess it failed?!

Lee

Adventurer
Curtains. Fiber optics. "Ohs" and not "wows"....

I'm 200 miles away and still feeling underwhelmed.:rolleyes:

Nightastic really ain't doing it for me.:shrug:

Tom Morrow

I rode today. I timed the drop sequence. Its the exact same length as the previous sequences, however, I would describe it as having less directional changes. Instead, its basically almost three and a half full drops, creepy audio, and a few surprises.

Its good, though not necessarily better than the previous sequences.

As for the rest, it isn't done yet, so I'm not going to mention what it is or form an opinion on it until it is finished.

rsoxguy

I rode today. I timed the drop sequence. Its the exact same length as the previous sequences, however, I would describe it as having less directional changes. Instead, its basically almost three and a half full drops, creepy audio, and a few surprises.

Its good, though not necessarily better than the previous sequences.

As for the rest, it isn't done yet, so I'm not going to mention what it is or form an opinion on it until it is finished.

Thanks for the info. It's good to hear that the timing remains the same. As you said, we'll wait to see how the rest of it goes. Thank you Mister Morrow, Mister Tom Morrow (sorry, I had to say it).

tnemgif

I remember Disney stating that the "changes will be obvious" when Tower reopens. So far, these changes seem not so obvious, so I'm still going to cling to the small shred of hope that something better will come!

mp2bill

Didn't expect much from this, so I won't be too disappointed. Hopefully there are at least some cool new exterior effects at night!

I second that.

Also, Figment, I just noticed that you're from Valpo IN...my father, a bunch of aunts and uncles, and cousins all went to Valpo. Just thought I'd add that in there...

csm

Original Poster
Great, I think I speak for WDWMagic when I say I appreciate you posting it, but stop trying to make something out of nothing.

Thankfully, several other members have stepped forward to prove you *do not* speak for WDWMagic. :sohappy:

Thrill Seeker

I'm going to Studios tomorrow and will be happy to post some thoughts as well as possibly a video of the new look Tower. We'll see what happens...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom