The Haunted Mansion's Hat Box Ghost...?

Being the HM fan I am, I've been checking out various sites since it re-opened.. And it appears there's definately some confusion over this "male laugh". Some are saying their hearing nothing to that effect - in fact the only laugh at all is the one Constance herself provides at the end of a couple of her "bits". A recent poster on Doombuggies.com actually had the ride stop for a time in the attic and he likewise reported hearing no such laugh the entire time...

EPCOT Explorer

Original Poster
Being the HM fan I am, I've been checking out various sites since it re-opened.. And it appears there's definately some confusion over this "male laugh". Some are saying their hearing nothing to that effect - in fact the only laugh at all is the one Constance herself provides at the end of a couple of her "bits". A recent poster on Doombuggies.com actually had the ride stop for a time in the attic and he likewise reported hearing no such laugh the entire time...

I've listened to some of the Audio, and Constance's laugh is very easy to hear...And there's something that COULD be a male voice, but I'm not sure.

TrevorA

In the Parks
Yes
I was stuck in the attic scene for a period of time - about three weeks ago. I do remember the laugh in question, though it's rather indistinguishable, as far as gender goes...

---TrevorA

nemofinder22

Leota doesn't float during HMH because the effect is ruined by the giant floating tarot cards in the scene. But she's still not floating even after the HMH overlay is gone, is that right?

Also all the extra lighting thats brought into the mansion during the holiday version stops Leota from floating. Shes suppose to float but I havent heard any reports saying so:( which is surprising considering how much projection tech DLR has been useing lately(iaswh projection show, Halloween Screams Orb, WOC, Ghost Galaxy interior and exterior)

I hope the HBG does make an return they could even tie it in with EO returning:shrug:

Rob562

Both are true. Fleota was floating last time I was at DL, and the fishing wire was unfortunately rather noticeable. But to my knowledge, that's not why she hasn't floated recently... before she went down, people were saying that the projection wasn't aligning to the crystal ball, so it had to stay stationary. And as of my latest updates, she's still not floating.

That's the main problem with DL's Leota, she uses an external projector and it's hard to keep the projection surface in the same place as what's being projected.

When they went to install the effect in Florida, she had an internal projector, which doesn't have the drawbacks of Anaheim's version.

-Rob

HMF

Morning, Magic.

So, it seems that Disneyland's Haunted Mansion has reopened after it's transformation to Haunted Mansion Holiday and back again to the classic show. However, before all of this, it was highly rumored that the Hat Box Ghost would return when HMH was removed...Needless to say, he didn't. Other news sources and other websites point to his forthcoming addition, but it will be later than expected and made into a sort of event.

...However, this is a WDW Board! Where to WE fit in? I know that WDI has actively looked in the Mansion for so that HatBox can be added, but that was quite a while ago. I also know that there IS a space for him directly across from the bride.

Anyone thinking that the Hat Box Ghosts will appear simultaneously on both coasts, or will DL just get him? Certainly hope we get him, too...His backstory is a great one, and really adds to the aura of the mansion.

Thanks!
hatbox.jpg

Hurrrryyy baaaack....hurrry baaaaaack.....:D
Unknown at this time. However as was stated earlier a Male Laugh is now apparently heard on the audio track in Disneyland after each sentence Constance says.:animwink:

EPCOT Explorer

Original Poster
Also all the extra lighting thats brought into the mansion during the holiday version stops Leota from floating. Shes suppose to float but I havent heard any reports saying so:( which is surprising considering how much projection tech DLR has been useing lately(iaswh projection show, Halloween Screams Orb, WOC, Ghost Galaxy interior and exterior)

I hope the HBG does make an return they could even tie it in with EO returning:shrug:
So we win? Yay. :D :lol:
Unknown at this time. However as was stated earlier a Male Laugh is now apparently heard on the audio track in Disneyland after each sentence Constance says.:animwink:

"Ahhh...there you are.
"

Nice avatar....So...The laugh is only in Disneyland?! :brick: Are we getting the shaft again?

RSoxNo1

The biggest difference between Disneyland and Disney World's mansion right now is the audio. The stretching room and the Graveyard scenes in Disney World are head and shoulders ahead of Disneyland's.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom