Villains to be Removed from Celebrate Dreams Come True Parade

disnyfan89

We seem to have forgotten about character Integrity. The villains just don't fit the parade at all. Now maybe if Disney actually went above and beyond and designed a better parade with individual show stops that where unique to each unit...

Point is, Disney messed up big time with this parade. This is just another example of how bad planning leads to a weaker experience down the road.

drew81

We seem to have forgotten about character Integrity. The villains just don't fit the parade at all. Now maybe if Disney actually went above and beyond and designed a better parade with individual show stops that where unique to each unit...

Point is, Disney messed up big time with this parade. This is just another example of how bad planning leads to a weaker experience down the road.
Some Walt Disney Entertainment show directors think anything they touch is going to be a hit and many times the product fails.

I've only seen the parade on video and it looks ok. Nothing like Parade of Dreams at DL or parades at Tokyo which I would love to see at WDW. As far as the villains leaving if it makes the parade better and puts other characters into it then I'm okay with it. I would like to see WDW have more villains out for meet n greets though than just having them at MNSSHP.

drew81

Cinderellabration? Maybe if they hadn't touched it, it would have been a hit.

If they brought the Tokyo version to WDW then yeah, I agree with you it would've been a hit. Personally, I would like to see Surprise Celebration come back to the Castle Stage if and when Dream Along with Mickey ends.

disnyfan89

what the heck does this have to do with character integrity?
Glad you asked. Just look up the villain's show stop on youtube. You go from having all these dancer being dark and ominous to happy and cheerful while the villains are forced to stand there and "celebrate." It's completely out of character. Granted, some of our wonderful villain friends found a way to make this work for their character such as Cruella but for such powerful villains as Snow Queen and Malificent it is out of place and out of character. You don't see Jafar join the kick line when Prince Ali bursts through the palace gate in Aladdin now do you? Then why is Jafar being forced to take part in this "celebration." Hence, it lacks character integrity for our Villain friends.

drew81

Glad you asked. Just look up the villain's show stop on youtube. You go from having all these dancer being dark and ominous to happy and cheerful while the villains are forced to stand there and "celebrate." It's completely out of character. Granted, some of our wonderful villain friends found a way to make this work for their character such as Cruella but for such powerful villains as Snow Queen and Malificent it is out of place and out of character. You don't see Jafar join the kick line when Prince Ali bursts through the palace gate in Aladdin now do you? Then why is Jafar being forced to take part in this "celebration." Hence, it lacks character integrity for our Villain friends.

Now that's something I would like to see.

tirecage

Original Poster
Quote:
Originally Posted by drew81
Some Walt Disney Entertainment show directors think anything they touch is going to be a hit and many times the product fails.

Um, Cory Benedict!

...just because it had to be said. His "vision" of CDCT...ugghh.

drew81

Quote:
Originally Posted by drew81

Um, Cory Benedict!

...just because it had to be said. His "vision" of CDCT...ugghh.

That's fine to say that. I think many times WDE has the idea if they are doing it the guests are going to love it. I think the "vision" of taking away characters from the parade didn't sit to well with guests. With the new characters coming maybe that will help. :shrug:

redkoala245

I saw the parade a month ago and the villains kinda ruined the whole parade. That's just me…
It probably had to do with the economy.

Mr.Mouse

I know, I have posted the same question a few days ago, but, about beloved Disney Characters :
Do you know who are going to be added for Celebrate a Dream Come True Parade ?

SoccerMickey

I saw the parade a month ago and the villains kinda ruined the whole parade. That's just me…
It probably had to do with the economy.

That's a bit extreme saying the villains RUINED the whole parade. Let's remember the parade itself was ruined to start with. I don't think everything was going great until 1 unit came along and ruined it.

Gorjus

Disneyfan is right. The villians look silly in the parade singing about celebrating and dreams coming true. With the show stop, it is quite akward.

I love the Disney villians. I love the float. But it doesn't fit the parade. And by the way, I've seen the parade a ton of times and I enjoy it each and every time. The music is what makes it. Great song.

If this rumor is true it might be a good thing. Many people have been complaining about the lack of characters on the parade route. Perhaps by adding characters it will be a good thing.

Some of you crack me up. When things don't change and stay the same, you get upset. When things change and don't stay the same you get upset.

And to the person who is taking a Disney Cruise or going to Disneyland instead of WDW; so you are basically still giving the company your money, just giving it to a different department. I think Mickey can live with that. I'm not discounting your complaint, but it doesn't really hurt Mickey's pockets in anyway and is therefore, not making a statement.

If I could change the parade, I would be sure to add Aurora and Jasmine and Pocahontas and Mulan to the parade. I would be sure every Disney girl had her man with her.

SoccerMickey

I think all 7 Dwarfs should be added to the parade and bring in popular characters like Tigger and Eeyore. And I think all Disney princesses should be represented so all little girls have a better chance to see the princess who looks the most like them.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom