Space Mountain Refurbishment Info

WDW1974

But disney is supposed to be made for people all shapes and sizes.

Really?

When did Walt say that?

Forget that dead guy. When did Bob Iger say that?

People today (mostly Americans, although our UK pals are catching up quickly) are HUGE ... I have never seen more morbidly obese people than I do at WDW (hence all the ECVs). ... Not just the guests either, cast too.

~Sure we have 5XL pants~

magicmaya

Oooohh! That`d never happen in a Disney park....

:lookaroun

would you like to read this article about replacing the track for heavier trains?

The construction work will include installing new track inside the enclosed coaster, which carries guests in the dark through a series of sudden drops and sharp turns. The layout of the track will remain the same, however.

other sources are telling me that we are getting heavier trains!
And WDW insider told us the rest that is happening.

your reaction **:eek:**

I bet if they dont replace the track in a few years there is a possibility that there would be a serious accident!

Animaniac93-98

No ... No one has ever died or been seriously injured in a Disney park due to neglect and stupidity.

Well he said it was the "wildest ride in the wilderness". :lookaroun

Bad joke, I know but you'd think someone would learn a thing or two. Hell, if they took out the tree slide and acorn crawl from Chip and Dale's Tree Slide and Acorn Crawl because they thought someone might get hurt (among other idiot proof tactics) could they not think to replace the structure in SM?

WDW1974

Wow, judging from that video DL's Space looks pretty boring. It looks smoother and definately looks like it has better effects, but the coaster part looks horrible. Just a big helix, what the heck.

Judging a coaster from video is kind of like judging a perspective love interest from a 'film' ... sure you get an idea of what's coming your way, but it's all in the ride.:eek:

~Let's see ...~

WDW1974

Bad joke, I know but you'd think someone would learn a thing or two. Hell, if they took out the tree slide and acorn crawl from Chip and Dale's Tree Slide and Acorn Crawl because they thought someone might get hurt (among other idiot proof tactics) could they not think to replace the structure in SM?

Of course they could ... but the prevailing 'tude at TDA was 'we need to run these rides to failure' ... sadly, they did.

I don't believe the 'tude is any different in O-Town ... or even Paris for that matter.

~Skinned knees or dead guests? Lemme think ... ~

magicmaya

Really?

When did Walt say that?

People today (mostly Americans, although our UK pals are catching up quickly) are HUGE ... I have never seen more morbidly obese people than I do at WDW (hence all the ECVs). ... Not just the guests either, cast too.

~Sure we have 5XL pants~

If you say forget the dead guy then howcome ou are a mumber of this website? Without him there would be no disney at all! That is really mean but i bet Iger said that in one of his speaches.

peterpanic74

Michael Giacchino's score for DL Space Mtn is EPIC, not cheesy, and definitely enhances the experience. A great addition. The previous D**k Dale music was less so.

CBOMB

Really?

When did Walt say that?

~Sure we have 5XL pants~
Not another one of these rants again! If I ever catch you in the park I'm gonna run you down with my suv!:p

magicmaya

People died on the wildest ride in the wilderness too(BTMR). But they dont replace the SM track in a few years there would be a serious accident!:cry:

WDW1974

If you say forget the dead guy then howcome ou are a mumber of this website? Without him there would be no disney at all! That is really mean but i bet Iger said that in one of his speaches.

OK, I see you are a newbie so I'll be very gentle.

I was being sarcastic. It happens with me naturally (probably not enough fiber in my diet).

Walt 'the dead guy' Disney is one of my personal heros.

And, no, while Bob Iger's policies may take some magic away from the 'Disney brand' he'd never ever say anything like that, even in private. It was that dead guy's legacy that has made Iger an incredibly wealthy powerbroker.

~Welcome to the MAGIC!~

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
would you like to read this article about replacing the track for heavier trains?
No, they are replacing the track for a smoother ride. The track support structure will remain essentially the same. The original plan was to rip the whole lot out, build from scratch and be able to use heavier trains with the batteries needed for SoundTracker, but the budget got slashed. There was never a firm plan to have side by seating. That would mean starting again from scratch, something that wouldn`t happen in current circumstances.

Beastly Kingdome and Mount Fuji could happen. But they won`t.

disneytopdog

I am going to thread drift with a quick question. How many trains can Space Mountain have on one track at a time, including lift, load and unload areas?

magicmaya

No, they are replacing the track for a smoother ride. The track support structure will remain essentially the same. The original plan was to rip the whole lot out, build from scratch and be able to use heavier trains with the batteries needed for SoundTracker, but the budget got slashed. There was never a firm plan to have side by seating. That would mean starting again from scratch, something that wouldn`t happen in current circumstances.

you know what i meant. I already knew that.

Animaniac93-98

OK, I see you are a newbie so I'll be very gentle.

I was being sarcastic. It happens with me naturally (probably not enough fiber in my diet).

Walt 'the dead guy' Disney is one of my personal heros.

And, no, while Bob Iger's policies may take some magic away from the 'Disney brand' he'd never ever say anything like that, even in private. It was that dead guy's legacy that has made Iger an incredibly wealthy powerbroker.

~Welcome to the MAGIC!~

agreed,why is he even a member of this website if he is going to say something like that:confused:

See first quote. Sarcasm is the key word.

They could! Oh boy, that means we can expect them by 2012 for WDW's 40th Anniversary!

WDW1974

Michael Giacchino's score for DL Space Mtn is EPIC, not cheesy, and definitely enhances the experience. A great addition. The previous D**k Dale music was less so.

I enjoyed both quite a bit ... thought D-I-C-K's version 'fit' a SoCal audience as it harkened back to all of those 60s surfing songs.

Anything is better than that sad, stale, boring MK rusting hulk though ... and you almost never even hear screaming in that asbestos-filled dome unless you've got cars of tween gals.

~I'm old enough to remember when Space Mountain was kewl~

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom