Magic Kingdom All The Time Thread

JWG

I don't know if I agree with that. Speedway was 30 minutes while Space, Splash, Big Thunder, Buzz, All of Fantasyland, HM and such were 45-75 during my last visit.

And the Speedway doesn't seem to have the same capacity to move people through like some of those others.

It's a great ride for kids though... they love to get to "drive."

Figment632

So they should scrap an attraction that always has some of the longest lines in the park, because you don't like it? :lookaroun :zipit:

I can't have the opinion that it needs to go???

I just think that TL needs to be about
tommorow not 1971. If they could update it
to make it futuristic then I would want to
keep it. But I don't see how just making them electric would aconplish this.

mcjaco

I didn't say you couldn't have an opinion, but the fact that you can't drive "freely" is a pretty weak argument.

A retheming of the cars to be more futuristic, and to run on electric or hybrid power is very Tomorrowland, IMO.

Figment632

I didn't say you couldn't have an opinion, but the fact that you can't drive "freely" is a pretty weak argument.

A retheming of the cars to be more futuristic, and to run on electric or hybrid power is very Tomorrowland, IMO.

I understand it's a classic but that doesn't mean they shouldn't get rid of it. They did get rid horizons because it was outdated (which I don't agree with) so why can't they get rid of this.

jt04

Hehe.. Its almost the definition of "Bittersweet"

I have been waiting for this refurb for at least 10 years. The original Space Mountain is long gone unfortunately and there is no way to restore it but I am hopeful the new version will have it's own brand of Disney Magic. In retrospect I now think it was wise they are keeping some features of the original and just having it be clean will be great. I already can't wait for the rededication!

Figment632

I have been waiting for this refurb for at least 10 years. The original Space Mountain is long gone unfortunately and there is no way to restore it but I am hopeful the new version will have it's own brand of Disney Magic. In retrospect I now think it was wise they are keeping some features of the original and just having it be clean will be great. I already can't wait for the rededication!

Agreed! And I'm glad that they aren't going to make it a clone of the DLP version.

Animaniac93-98

You win the Thread.

Yay! What do I win? Hope it's not those press on nails, I already have those.

I also want:

-Old Tiki Room
-New Mr. Toad with DL facade instead of Pooh
-Pooh's Hunny Hunt and Little Mermaid where 20K was
-AE brought back
-New Circlevision film
-Swan Boats brought back
-Something good at Diamond Horseshoe
-Pirates redone right
-Real shops on Main Street
-One Man's Dream relocated to MK

Plus lots of other things...

WDWGoof07

I really don't think the speed way should be replaced, it should be plussed. Rename it to "Cosmic Highway", make the cars futuristic looking and electric powered, put in futuristic scenery and boom you have a ride that fits into the land much better.

It's a great ride for kids though... they love to get to "drive."

If the appeal of the ride is that little kids get to "drive" then I think it's all the more reason to give it a futuristic overlay. I don't know about you, but I think kids would rather drive a rocket car, hovercraft, or lunar rover than a regular car. (though I suppose that's a bigger problem for DL's than for WDW's race cars)

TowerOfTerror

MK outdoor food carts recently recieved new replacement items such as Edys Crunch Dibs (Sub for Nestle crunch bars) and Edys Strawberry fruit bars (Sub for Minnie fruit bar). :wave:

hokielutz

We aren't complete yet. We will be complete when we have all DTD, Blizzard Beach, Typhoon Lagoon, Mini Golf, and Resort threads open. :lookaroun

NOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Shouldn't this be part of a completely different section of the discussion threads?

WDW1974

The sad thing is Tomorrowland was near perfect in 1995 :(

I don't know if I'd say near perfect ... not after the visionaries dining facility for Plaza Pavilion/Noodle Station was cut ... not after the redo basically stopped dead in the back third of the land ... and not after Space Mountain wasn't touched exactly when it should have been gutted ... but it sure was a helluva lot better than the toon-filled mess we have now!

hokielutz

If the appeal of the ride is that little kids get to "drive" then I think it's all the more reason to give it a futuristic overlay. I don't know about you, but I think kids would rather drive a rocket car, hovercraft, or lunar rover than a regular car. (though I suppose that's a bigger problem for DL's than for WDW's race cars)

Agreed... use electric cars, or something close to it to replace the 100 moving lawnmowers they currently are using for the speedway. I'll bet that one attraction alone produces enough pollution to beat out all the cars that drive into the MK each day.

hokielutz

Here is a question for all of you.... how was Alien Encounter a solid future land attraction that was a good representative of Disney's Tomorrowland??

If anything, I could take the argument, that just like PI, AE had no business being a part of Disney.

mcjaco

Agreed... use electric cars, or something close to it to replace the 100 moving lawnmowers they currently are using for the speedway. I'll bet that one attraction alone produces enough pollution to beat out all the cars that drive into the MK each day.

Lawnmowers are pretty efficient.

Mr.EPCOT

NOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Shouldn't this be part of a completely different section of the discussion threads?

Yeah, they really should. They're only here because the original EPCOT one actually started out with news and rumors. None of these others will ever go as long as that thread, though.

Figment632

Here is a question for all of you.... how was Alien Encounter a solid future land attraction that was a good representative of Disney's Tomorrowland??

If anything, I could take the argument, that just like PI, AE had no business being a part of Disney.

Why because it was scary, so I guess TOT or EE shouldn't be part of Disney because they are scary?

WDW1974

The 'new' T-Land of 1994-95 was themed with a strong sci-fi type element. AE fit it just fine ... a futuristic teleportation device that plops an alien into a tube in front of you ... and then something goes horribly wrong.

It fit just fine. It was kewl. It was cutting edge. And it wasn't LCD. It made you use your mind as the 'actual' scares amounted to darkness and an AA in a tube in front of you.

It was perfect for the location and the fact Disney had to retrofit an old facility.

It had every business being part of Disney.

No, it wasn't something that everyone could/should experience ... but you could say the same of anything and everything from Space Mountain to Tom Sawyer Island.

And PI belonged too ... but if you'd like we can have another long-a$$ discussion as to why many people wrongly believe Disney is supposed to be all about toons and young children ... or 'traditional' families ...

Oh ... and please ...

~Pass the Pixie Dust~

hokielutz

I was and still am a supporter of PI.

Just being devil's advocate since I really haven't seen an explanation of why AE belonged.

I guess the execs at the turn of the century, disagreed.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom