Things that gross you out in WDW.

kimmychad

:ROFLOL: :ROFLOL: :ROFLOL:

Seriously, though....despite the humour I found in that post, I can't help wondering WHY it isn't cool. I mean, we live in a climate today where society has decided that it's perfectly "cool" for a man to marry a man or a woman to marry a woman. So what's the difference if a man wants to marry his sister? If one is cool, then to have logical consistency, the other has to be considered "cool" too. Just sayin'.

ok fess up, you're really from alabama aren't you?

lol you have to be the first person ever that has tried to justify marrying a sibling. :lol::lol:

sbkline

ok fess up, you're really from alabama aren't you?

lol you have to be the first person ever that has tried to justify marrying a sibling. :lol::lol:

No, I'm not justifying marrying a sibling. :lol: I'm just trying to prove a point. How can we applaud the one (same gender marraiges) on the basis that we're talking about consenting adults, while passing judgment on the other, which also involves consenting adults. I don't see any difference between the two. If one is acceptable, then so is the other. We can't have it both ways. But just to clear up any confusion, I think they are both wrong. ;)

kimmychad

No, I'm not justifying marrying a sibling. :lol: I'm just trying to prove a point. How can we applaud the one (same gender marraiges) on the basis that we're talking about consenting adults, while passing judgment on the other, which also involves consenting adults. I don't see any difference between the two. If one is acceptable, then so is the other. We can't have it both ways. But just to clear up any confusion, I think they are both wrong. ;)

what does the bible say about marrying siblings? just curious, and i'm sure you know it better than i do.

and i completely agree with you about the germ phobia people have. for people to be worried enough about touching a sink faucet that they turn it off with a paper towel just amazes me. there's therapy out there for these folks. A friend of mine won't even touch the elevator buttons with his fingers, he uses a pen or pencil.

sbkline

what does the bible say about marrying siblings? just curious, and i'm sure you know it better than i do.

It forbids it. But I do have a second cousin who is pretty hot...and I don't think the Bible says anything about that...too bad we're both married. :D:p:ROFLOL:

sbkline

and i completely agree with you about the germ phobia people have. for people to be worried enough about touching a sink faucet that they turn it off with a paper towel just amazes me. there's therapy out there for these folks. A friend of mine won't even touch the elevator buttons with his fingers, he uses a pen or pencil.

Ya, I think I'm gonna start wearing gloves everywhere I go. Problem is, I may catch germs from the gloves. So I'll wear gloves to protect me from the gloves. I just hope those gloves don't have germs, too. :shrug:

This whole germaphobia thing reminds me of a stage my older brother went through when we were kids. I remember at supper time one night I watched as my brother would keep turning his glass everytime he took a drink, so as not to drink from the same spot on the glass. When he worked his way around the glass, he took his napkin and wiped off the rim of the glass and then started over. My mom asked what the heck he was doing, and he told her that he didn't want to get his own germs. :ROFLOL:

sbkline

I'm sure this has been posted a time or 200, but people gnawing on those turkey legs as if we were back in prehistoric times

I tried one of those turkey legs once or twice. The meat is good, I guess, until you get to that tough, rubbery crap that sticks in your teeth. I won't say that I will never have one again, but on the other hand, it's certainly not my favorite snack item at WDW. :lol:

KingStefan

It's not a very good comparison. The difference is obvious: one causes genetic disorders and the other doesn't. What anybody thinks about the morality of it doesn't really matter - the fact that one has a practical reason for being disallowed makes the comparison invalid.

sbkline

It's not a very good comparison. The difference is obvious: one causes genetic disorders and the other doesn't. What anybody thinks about the morality of it doesn't really matter - the fact that one has a practical reason for being disallowed makes the comparison invalid.

Simple problem to fix. One of the parties gets "fixed". Or better yet, say I want to get it on with my father. He's widowed and available now. I'm a man, so there is no issue with genetic disorders. That problem is out of the way now. Any other objections, then? Or would you happily accept my lifestyle choice now that we've eliminated that one little problem?

KingStefan

Simple problem to fix. One of the parties gets "fixed". Or better yet, say I want to get it on with my father. He's widowed and available now. I'm a man, so there is no issue with genetic disorders. That problem is out of the way now. Any other objections, then? Or would you happily accept my lifestyle choice now that we've eliminated that one little problem?

I'm not saying that I accept or do not accept any lifestyle choice. I was saying your comparison was invalid. Your new, modified, comparison is valid. I still do not agree that if we accept one we must accept the other, and I am not saying that I accept or do not accept either. But that is an entirely different argument, and not, I think, a topic for this particular thread.

sbkline

I'm not saying that I accept or do not accept any lifestyle choice. I was saying your comparison was invalid. Your new, modified, comparison is valid. I still do not agree that if we accept one we must accept the other, and I am not saying that I accept or do not accept either. But that is an entirely different argument, and not, I think, a topic for this particular thread.

Fair enough...now back to the turkey legs. :D

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
1421880_w_co_s_tong.jpg

Flame Tree BBQ

20+ pages of posts and no one has mentioned the nasty birds at the Flame Tree BBQ eating area. Even worse, the people that feed those birds!!!

Turkey Legs?!? SERIOUSLY?!? Very surprising the negative response. I LOVE the turkey leg!!!

Anyone not like the Dole Whipp?!? If there are so many turkey leg haters out there, I'm sure there are Dole Whipp haters too.

I saw a post some time ago about a family that let a child relieve himself in line in a water bottle. That would have sent me over the edge. I'm really glad I didn't witness that personnally.

It's really funny to read this thread and read about the interesting "phobias" and personal peeves that people have.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom