WDW Confirms a HUGE Rumor Proof right here...

agent86

Why does the second sentence of the email start mid-sentence? "...and evaluating new ideas..." What happened to the beginning of that sentence? Looks like a prank to me.

I might be missing something here (after all I don't personally use Gmail, and am therefore not intimately familiar with the layout), but when looking at this screen shot, I don't see any sender's email address confirming that this email actually came from someone at Disney. It seems that the poster could just as easily had his buddy send him an email with the exact same text that he claimed to have gotten in his response...and then all he had to do was just post a screen shot of the email from his buddy...claiming of course that it's from a Ronda Kendall.

I say it's fake.

agent86

Again this email is NOT Fake, I will be happy to forward it anyone who would like it.

Okay, I will bite. I will PM you my email address as soon as I get done typing this post. Please forward the email to me (FORWARD, including the original sender's email address, not just cut and paste). If, after receiving it from you, the email appears real to me, then I will eat crow and post an apology here for doubting you.

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
Thank ________ my life isnt so empty that I need to react to a post on a fan site board like a war crime.

What a bunch of sados.................. stick to get upset at criticisms of the declining park, at least thats a bit funny.

TP2000

Oh, and btw folks... There is no Ronda Kendall in the Orlando area, so unless she is at some remote location...

It's actually common practice for most customer service centers to have correspondence using made up names. The data entry clerks that handle these types of emails and calls use a pseudonym that they make up and use when they correspond with customers.

Assuming the email is even legit, "Ronda Kendall" is a name made up by someone in WDW Guest Communications as their fake name. These folks are generally hourly CM's who sit in cubicles managing a rather ingenious software system. The hourly clerk scans the guest letter or email for a key phrase or concern, then hits a few keys that automatically generates a three paragraph response tailored to the specific issue or concern. The scripted paragraphs are created in advance and approved by the corporate communications department, and they can be changed frequently when hot button topics come up in the media that cause people to write Disney about a specific issue. These clerks sit in their cubicle all day scanning emails or letters and then fire off scripted yet polite three paragraph replies to the sender.

It's really quite an operation, but it's all very sterile and detached. And Ronda Kendall doesn't really exist. Ronda could even be a Ron instead. :eek:

This system is not exclusive to Disney however. Many large companies use this setup to handle customer correspondence.

MousDad

The sender of the email is definitely questionable, as has been discussed.

But I don't quite understand the mystification of TP, Corrus and others about the actual rumor itself, considering that Lee broke this rumor on this site several weeks ago.

As such, it was definitely pertinent for the OP to post the info.

wilsonhanks

The sender of the email is definitely questionable, as has been discussed.

But I don't quite understand the mystification of TP, Corrus and others about the actual rumor itself, considering that Lee broke this rumor on this site several weeks ago.

As such, it was definitely pertinent for the OP to post the info.

Ok, I just have to ask. Can you pleeeeeeeeeeeeeze change your picture? it gives me the creeps. :) :lookaroun:shrug:

dreamfinder

Oh, and btw folks... There is no Ronda Kendall in the Orlando area, so unless she is at some remote location, this is total BS...:rolleyes:

And you know this how? Looking them up in the phone book? It is entirely possible that Ronda has an unlisted number, or even no land line using just her cell phone. And lives in an appt so no property tax records for her name either. ; ) Not to mention I doubt that Ronda is her real name. Using pseudonyms is very common (as several other PP's have pointed out). Ever call tech support, and get a gentleman with a very thick accent, can barely speak english, but his name just happens to be Jim Bob? Yeah, of course it is.......

All that aside, I guess we now know where the bus drivers get briefed on their information. = Þ

devoy1701

I might be missing something here (after all I don't personally use Gmail, and am therefore not intimately familiar with the layout), but when looking at this screen shot, I don't see any sender's email address confirming that this email actually came from someone at Disney. It seems that the poster could just as easily had his buddy send him an email with the exact same text that he claimed to have gotten in his response...and then all he had to do was just post a screen shot of the email from his buddy...claiming of course that it's from a Ronda Kendall.

I say it's fake.

That's the way the new gmail software is...it was released earlier this year to make the page more simple (though I still have trouble finding things). Our university recently switched over to the GoogleApps program that runs gmail so I use it regularly... The details that you're asking about are hidden under that "Show Details" button, and the program replaces the email address by whatever username the owner of the email address has attached to that account.

I don't get why everyone is doubting this guy. Doubt the CM that sent it, but the guy has provided the text, the email path, and a screenshot.

Everyone on here really is a bunch of hypocrites. You all hate hearing about bad news (which is all the Rumors section seems to be anymore), but any slight possibility of a positive rumor, no matter how big or small, you shoot down not only the rumor but the one who provides it as well.

No wonder it's the same ppl posting all the time. Ya'll scare away any newbies or anyone who has a possible rumor or interesting news. I remember when I was in Epcot earlier this year and let you guys know a nearby fire was raining down some pretty large pieces of ash onto the park causing for an interesting day and some concerned looks on vacationers and you all on here where like "I won't believe it without pictures!" :brick:

I'm so happy for all of ya'll who are "in the know" with ppl in the company and what might be happening with the parks...lord knows we would have nothing to talk with our other Disney fans about! But it doesn't make you experts of what should and should not be posted!
Maybe the News and Rumors section should be closed and we should just twiddle our thumbs and look at those lovely picture Steve put up on the homepage.

*steps down*

:lookaroun

devoy1701

It might have something to do with a lot of text that was posted in the original message, but has mysteriously vanished in the screen shot.

It really just looks like he took out a paragraph. There was probably personal information in the first part of the email. Notice at the end of the email it asks if you have any more questions please include full name, email, and reservation number. He probably did a quick highlight and delete of the beginning and took out more than he thought...really..not that much text is missing that he provided in the first post...just the beginning of that sentence about the imagineers...

If you don't believe what the email says that's one thing. But the OP doesn't have any reason to make up a lie and create fake screenshots for us. Someone that's been here since 06 wouldn't do that.

Whatever happened to the benefit of the doubt anyway...

It really just looks like he took out a paragraph. There was probably personal information in the first part of the email. Notice at the end of the email it asks if you have any more questions please include full name, email, and reservation number. He probably did a quick highlight and delete of the beginning and took out more than he thought...really..not that much text is missing that he provided in the first post...just the beginning of that sentence about the imagineers...

If you don't believe what the email says that's one thing. But the OP doesn't have any reason to make up a lie and create fake screenshots for us. Someone that's been here since 06 wouldn't do that.

Whatever happened to the benefit of the doubt anyway...

It is not possible to "take out a paragraph" from a sent message in gmail. And why wouldn't the OP simply black box out that information like they did all the other personal info?

I'm sorry, I'm all for benefit of the doubt, but I've yet to hear a plausible explanation for the missing sentence.

George

Liker of Things
Premium Member
It is not possible to "take out a paragraph" from a sent message in gmail. And why wouldn't the OP simply black box out that information like they did all the other personal info?

I'm sorry, I'm all for benefit of the doubt, but I've yet to hear a plausible explanation for the missing sentence.

Maybe the sender cut and pasted from another e-mail (one they certainly weren't supposed to send out to guests) and didn't copy the first line?

In a way, I actually think the sloppiness argues against a prank. Most pranksters put way more care into things than that. I sent a whole bunch o' e-mails to WDW several years ago (I needed a solar tile of off UoE's roof) and many of the replies had grammatical errors. I didn't think anything of it.

George

Liker of Things
Premium Member
Actually, here's a link to the solar panel thread -

http://forums.wdwmagic.com/showthread.php?t=72205

where my search and reasons for said search are summarized. I just realized it sounds completely weird and made up, so I got the urge to cover my posterior so to speak. Also, note my FSU national champs t-shirt. Like all FSU fans, I'm living in the past.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom