More Entertainment Cutbacks

Thumper 32

Original Poster
Haven't seen this posted yet, but there was a huge round of recent cutbacks in entertainment throughout the parks. Here's the full list (so far) by park with their last day, including some previously announced cuts.

Magic Kingdom
MS Family Fun Day Parade - 9/27/08 (previously announced)
Woody's Cowboy Camp - 9/27/08 (previously announced)

Epcot
Spelmanns Gledje (Norway) - 8/30/08
OrisiRisi (Outpost) - 8/30/08

Studios
High School Musical 2 - 9/13/08 (being replaced with HSM3 in Oct)
Four for a Dollar - 9/20/08 (previously announced)

Animal Kingdom
Wes Palm - 8/30/08
Karuka Acrobats - 8/30/08
Inka Sikuri - 8/30/08
Pocahontas and her Forest Friends - 9/27/08 (previously announced)

Sad news all around :(

mickeysaver

Dangit, that's a lot of good stuff that is being or has been eliminated. This totally stinks!

I will miss OrisiRisi, Wes Palm, the Karuka Acrobats, Inka Sikuri, and darn it, I was looking forward to seeing Four for a Dollar in December. I heard that the Streetmosphere was being cut at DHS too, which is just a shame.

Disney is charging more, but cutting the value of the experience, which makes no sense to me. I can honestly say that these changes along with the demise of PI, especially the AC and the Comedy Warehouse, I am not very sad about missing a trip to WDW in 2009.

GymLeaderPhil

Wait.

Streetmosphere is going too?

And now that you mention it, I noticed that Steve Soares is no longer listing the citizens on Main Street along with the Studio's Streetmosphere.

Have we truly lost these amazing people as well as the Adventurers Club?

PintoColvig

Pay more? Get less?!! Plus, attendance has remained strong? I don't get it.

And why Wes Palm? How much cost could that possibly be?

DisneyNut2007

Wait.

Streetmosphere is going too?

And now that you mention it, I noticed that Steve Soares is no longer listing the citizens on Main Street along with the Studio's Streetmosphere.

Have we truly lost these amazing people as well as the Adventurers Club?

Calm down, everybody!

The various Main Street Citizens and DHS Streetmosphere characters are still making appearances at their respective parks. He's just choosing not to list them and their appearance times, for some reason.

If you want Steve Soares to go back to posting them on his site, the best thing for you to do would be to e-mail him and request that he do it.

yankspy

Dangit, that's a lot of good stuff that is being or has been eliminated. This totally stinks!

I will miss OrisiRisi, Wes Palm, the Karuka Acrobats, Inka Sikuri, and darn it, I was looking forward to seeing Four for a Dollar in December. I heard that the Streetmosphere was being cut at DHS too, which is just a shame.

Disney is charging more, but cutting the value of the experience, which makes no sense to me. I can honestly say that these changes along with the demise of PI, especially the AC and the Comedy Warehouse, I am not very sad about missing a trip to WDW in 2009.

Pay more? Get less?!! Plus, attendance has remained strong? I don't get it.

And why Wes Palm? How much cost could that possibly be?
Do not forget that some of the more reliable rumor sorces on this site have been talking about big doings going on. Perhaps it is just a matter of replacing certain things with better stuff. (Not necessarily with PI):)

Thelazer

I don't get it at all...

Local paper says lots of tourists are here, lots of rental houses are booked.
I was in the park today, lots of folks.

So one of two things.

A- 2009 isn't looking good and they are getting ready now

OR

B- The normal guests (Those who do not read WDWMagic) have not noticed the cutbacks yet.

Enigma

Account Suspended
Attendance is declining and will continue to decline. Disney can try to spin it however they want but the fact remains that most americans are suffering right now and can barely afford to pay for goods and make payments much less pay disney's extravagant prices to see old stale Walt Disney World.

yankspy

Attendance is declining and will continue to decline. Disney can try to spin it however they want but the fact remains that most americans are suffering right now and can barely afford to pay for goods and make payments much less pay disney's extravagant prices to see old stale Walt Disney World.
Source please.:rolleyes::D

MagliteL13

The parks are also heading into the slower season. Maybe it's a need for entertainment to shift budget around for the seasonal Halloween and Christmas entertainment. We just came out of the busy summer season where more entertainment options=more diversions=less people in line for attractions=shorter waits. Now that there are not as many people to try and divert from the attractions, well, you do the math.

Although, I do think it also has something to do with the average US consumer trying to spend less. There are definitely a lot more foreign tourists in the parks as of late. Maybe they want something a bit different in terms of entertainment?

Those are just a few of the reasons I can think of. Of course none of them may be right... :lookaroun

dixiegirl

Calm down, everybody!

The various Main Street Citizens and DHS Streetmosphere characters are still making appearances at their respective parks. He's just choosing not to list them and their appearance times, for some reason.

If you want Steve Soares to go back to posting them on his site, the best thing for you to do would be to e-mail him and request that he do it.

Whew!!!!! I got scared there for a moment , one of my favorite things to see at MK is the Main Street performers and hearing the "Trolley Main Street Song"!!!

bears163

with all these acts or shows being canceled maybe it is a sign they are just in the middle of a change. maybe they are bringing new acts? maybe not. i would say give it a few months & lets see what happens. maybe they do predict a big slow down for a few months & this is how they are reacting.

aladdin2007

wow Norway keeps losing the love. The ride and movie has been let go, the playground closed, dining turned into a character zoo, and now the entertainment axed.

Keyda

So remind what a 70 dollar a day admission fee and some the most expense hotel per night for my stay are actually getting me?

This really depresses me. I don't necessary go to WDW for attractions I go for the experience. Without the experience what's the point.

Philo

Why is wes palm going? He cant cost much to operate and people love it. He's just one of those magical Disney things to me!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom