new passholder rates are out from August 3rd to September 27th

Flower'sChild

I just called and the new passholder rates are out. The girl I talked to said the new rates are from August 3rd to September 27th. When I asked what percent off you get with this new passholder rate the girl over the phone said it does not really tell you what percent you get off it just comes up as passholder rate. But we both kinda figured it out by looking at what the rate would have been if I had not booked with a passholder rate or any kind of rate. It looks like it came to about 30% or 25% off. I kinda added it in my head. What I did was a booked a room at the Polynesian at a passholder rate and I kinda compared that rate to what it would have been if it had not been a passholder rate or any kind of rate. The girl over the phone did the same thing I did and she said it came to about 30% off.

One reason why I am editing this post is to say that after I started this thread I got a confirmation email saying that my passholder rate at the Polynesian came to $259 without tax at a standard Garden view room. Without the passholder rate it would have been $340 a night without tax at a standard Garden view room.

You can book online or you can call 407-560-PASS (7227) to make your reservations. The promotional code FKJ.

Here is a link to the page on the passholder website that shows the new passholder room only offer. These new passholder offers are towards the bottom of the page on the Disney website. http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/wd...ries?id=PassholdersSpecialOfferCategoriesPage

Here are some of the passholder rates that I copied and pasted from the Disney website :wave:

Select Disney Value Resorts — $64 per night, plus tax* in a standard room
Available for stays most nights August 9-26 and September 1-15 and 22-27, 2008. That's a savings of $18 per night!

Select Disney Moderate Resorts — $99 per night, plus tax* in a standard room
Available for stays most nights August 3 – September 27, 2008. That's a savings of $50 per night!

Select Disney Deluxe Villa Resorts — $169 per night, plus tax*, in a studio at Disney's Saratoga Springs Resort & Spa and Disney's Old Key West Resort.
Available for stays most nights August 3 – September 27, 2008.

Wilderness Cabins: $174 per night, plus tax* For stays most nights August 3 – September 27. That's a savings of $81 per night!

Full Hook-Up Campsites - $42 per night, plus tax*For stays most Monday through Thursday nights August 18 – September 25, 2008.

imamouse

^^Best wishes on getting an AP rate for the WL in Dec. I went in 2005 and 2007, but no such rate existed (for my dates with a woods view anyway).

I bet with the increase in fuel costs, more discounts will come out to entice us to spend the extra money on travel to come on down.

Upvote 0

DisneyJoe

Looks like $18 off values, $50 off moderates, $81 off deluxes...From another board:

August - Sept. Annual Pass rates have been released

Booking dates: 6/18 - 9/27/08
Travel dates: 8/3 - 9/27/08
Booking code FKH

Value $64 plus tax ($18 discount)
Moderates $99 plus tax ($50 discount)
AKL standard $144 plus tax ($81 discount)
Beach Club Gdn $244 plus tax ($81 discount)
Polynesian Gdn $259 plus tax
Grand Floridian Gdn 304 plus tax
Wilderness Cabin $174 plus tax
Saratoga Studios $169 plus tax

Upvote 0

Flower'sChild

Original Poster
Animal Kingdom Lodge

Looks like $18 off values, $50 off moderates, $81 off deluxes...From another board:

August - Sept. Annual Pass rates have been released

Booking dates: 6/18 - 9/27/08
Travel dates: 8/3 - 9/27/08
Booking code FKH

Value $64 plus tax ($18 discount)
Moderates $99 plus tax ($50 discount)
AKL standard $144 plus tax ($81 discount)
Beach Club Gdn $244 plus tax ($81 discount)
Polynesian Gdn $259 plus tax
Grand Floridian Gdn 304 plus tax
Wilderness Cabin $174 plus tax
Saratoga Studios $169 plus tax

Yes my passholder rate at the Polynesian was $259 a night. I saw this from the email that they sent me after I booked a passholder rate at the Polynesian. I might try to change it to the Animal Kingdom Lodge.

Upvote 0

YankeeMouse

Slim availability AP rate

I just called and there was NO availability this morning, for Sept 21-27, at WL, AKL, DCR, POR, POFQ. The only mod available was CBR. I already have a Bounceback offer at the similar price, but I wanted to compare. I asked why there was no availability already, when it has not even been announced yet, and she said it is probably due to the Free Dining. If you book on the last day of the offer, Sept 20, you will still get the Free Dining for the entire length of stay. So if anyone is counting on an AP rate for this week, chances are slim, unless you are going high end deluxe perhaps, or value. Good luck.

Upvote 0

mousefan1972

^^Best wishes on getting an AP rate for the WL in Dec. I went in 2005 and 2007, but no such rate existed (for my dates with a woods view anyway).

I bet with the increase in fuel costs, more discounts will come out to entice us to spend the extra money on travel to come on down.

Yeah, I know. :( WL is hard to get an AP rate for. But if the Poly has one available... we may be switching. :D

Upvote 0

Flower'sChild

Original Poster
I just called and there was NO availability this morning, for Sept 21-27, at WL, AKL, DCR, POR, POFQ. The only mod available was CBR. I already have a Bounceback offer at the similar price, but I wanted to compare. I asked why there was no availability already, when it has not even been announced yet, and she said it is probably due to the Free Dining. If you book on the last day of the offer, Sept 20, you will still get the Free Dining for the entire length of stay. So if anyone is counting on an AP rate for this week, chances are slim, unless you are going high end deluxe perhaps, or value. Good luck.

I was able to get a passholder rate at a value resort for September 27th at $64. Since it was just one night that I booked that might be why I was able to get the passholder rate. You called for September 21st to 27th, so they might have had some passholder rates at a value and/or a mod for some of those nights but not for all.

Also when I booked the passholder rate at a value resort for September 27th it was around 7:20 a.m. or 7:30 a.m. and that might have been before you called.

Another thing I just thought of when typing this email is with September 20th being the last day of Free Dining. To give you an example of what I am trying to say is some people might have booked with the Free Dining from September 20th to September27th while other booked Free Dining from September 20th to September24th. This example would explain why the nights of September 25h to 27th would be more easy to get at a passholder rate than nights from September 20th to September 24th. So this might be another reason why I was able to get the night of September 27th at a passholder rate at a value resort.

Upvote 0

pinkrose

Upvote 0

devoy1701

All booked for August 15th thru the 17th! It's my last weekend of being a passholder and the first weekend of the Seasonal Pass being unblocked! It's going to be my last trip to WDW for about 2 years since I'm booking DL for 2009!

Upvote 0

Flower'sChild

Original Poster
By the way if the resort that you want does not come up at a passholder rate for the days that you want when you first call, you might want to try again. I have called the Reservation line a couple of times today and there has been different availability some times.

For example the last time that I called the Boardwalk was one of the resorts that showed up at a passholder rates for the dates that I plan to be in Disney, but that resort did not show up at a passholder rate everytime that I called.

Upvote 0

Splash

OMG! I am so excited I thought because I am going the weekend of 4th of July that I won't get a discount. I called and they gave me the discount now I am saving $500. YEAH!!! Disney here I come.

Upvote 0

PoohNTink02

Thank you

Thank you Flower's child!! I saw your post this morning and immediately called Disney and booked my next trip for late August :ROFLOL: Very excited!!

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom