Is Pleasure Island really worth it?

Been reading online that PI is now letting minors on but not in the clubs and they are ruining it for everyone! Is there any truth to this? I worked at Disney in '02 to '03 and you were carded at the gates and nobody under 18 was let on.

Plus, is the $22 worth the price anyway? I know there's the clubs but the drinks are super expensive and watered down! So for two people to just get on it's $50 almost! Plus drinks you could easily spend $100 in a matter of minutes! What other places are there? I know about the Boardwalk but what else?:xmas:

hrcollectibles

Been reading online that PI is now letting minors on but not in the clubs and they are ruining it for everyone! Is there any truth to this? I worked at Disney in '02 to '03 and you were carded at the gates and nobody under 18 was let on.

Plus, is the $22 worth the price anyway? I know there's the clubs but the drinks are super expensive and watered down! So for two people to just get on it's $50 almost! Plus drinks you could easily spend $100 in a matter of minutes! What other places are there? I know about the Boardwalk but what else?:xmas:

Which is why I take a cab from my hotel (where i have my own mini bar..lol) and stick with beer once there (they can't water down beer can they)?
Are you looking for a place on property or off?

Upvote 0

testtrackalumni

Original Poster
I was 19 when I worked there so I couldn't induldge in the festivities! LOL! I remember the Adventurer's Club being pretty cool and everything else just got old after a few visits. I'd like a place on property so we could maybe avoid driving, but we would love off property too. I've been to City Walk and I like it, but we aren't really looking for the $30 cover clubs in Orlando like Cairo's, if that's even still there! LOL!

Upvote 0

Peaches Magee

AMEN! I had a decent amount to drink when I went (had just turned 21) and I swear I wasn't even buzzed a little bit. Even after the bucket O rum punch at the Surf Club... I did enjoy good old home of the "Kungaloosh!" That place was a blasty... but otherwise... meh. :shrug:

Upvote 0

k.hunter30

DH and I don't go places for the alcohol, but I can say we probably won't return to PI on our next trip anyways. We'd rather spend the evenings in the parks, at our resort or The BoardWalk. We had a blast at Jellyrolls!

Upvote 0

testtrackalumni

Original Poster
DH and I don't go places for the alcohol, but I can say we probably won't return to PI on our next trip anyways. We'd rather spend the evenings in the parks, at our resort or The BoardWalk. We had a blast at Jellyrolls!

I want to go there! It's the convincing of the girlfriend that PI is not all that's cracked up to be! She's never been and relly wants to and I'd rather not spend $50 to go get humped by minors in Motions! LOL!

Upvote 0

MichWolv

Born Modest. Wore Off.
Premium Member

$22 is steep, I agree. If you have a MYW ticket and add the water parks and more option, it becomes much cheaper (per visit, anyways). Or if you have DDE card, you get a discount.

My impressions of PI have changed over the years from "This place is incredible" when it first opened to "Eh...". 10 days ago, my wife and I spent a night there and I did my best to forget all of my past times at PI to see if I still enjoyed it. I was mildly surprised to enjoy myself very much. Now, this was the Saturday after Thanksgiving, so perhaps a busier night than most. We caught a show at the Comedy Warehouse, danced a 8 Trax and, later, at Motion, and spent a couple hours at the Adventurer's Club. The Comedy Warehouse was the same as it ever was -- some hits, some misses, overall worth the 35 minutes or so for the laughs we got. 8 Trax was hopping to the point where the dance floor was elbow to elbow -- if you like the music, the atmosphere is good. And Motion started having an actual crowd (although not one that filled the place) around 11:00 or so.

The Adventurer's Club is still a gem, and worth (to me) the price of admission. I've been anywhere like it, and the players were, it seemed, really "on" the whole night, right up to the Hoopla.

Drinks, on the other hand, are priced ridiculously, and it wasn't always that way. We had one drink between us, and otherwise just enjoyed the night dancing and laughing.

If dancing and drinking is your thing, there are better places (off-site) to go that will have more reasonable drinks, larger crowds, better dancers (Disney guests, I have found, are not by nature good dancers, myself included), and lower admission. But if you like the Adventurer's Club, that can't be matched anywhere else.

Upvote 0

Peaches Magee

Which is why I take a cab from my hotel (where i have my own mini bar..lol) and stick with beer once there (they can't water down beer can they)?
Are you looking for a place on property or off?

Yeah, when I went I hadn't discovered the deliciousness and joy that is beer.
Took me living in Texas for 2 years to truly comprehend & appreciate it.
:D

Upvote 0

hrcollectibles

Yeah, when I went I hadn't discovered the deliciousness and joy that is beer.
Took me living in Texas for 2 years to truly comprehend & appreciate it.
:D

This is a Typical night for me at PI
Just listen, I forgot to tell you the plan for this Saturday. You, me, bars, beers, buzzed. Wings. Shots. Drunk. Waitresses, hot. Football - Cornell/Hofstra. Slaughter. Then a quick nap at my place and we'll hit the tiz-own.

:ROFLOL:

Mmmm beeer......

Upvote 0

Peaches Magee

This is a Typical night for me at PI
Just listen, I forgot to tell you the plan for this Saturday. You, me, bars, beers, buzzed. Wings. Shots. Drunk. Waitresses, hot. Football - Cornell/Hofstra. Slaughter. Then a quick nap at my place and we'll hit the tiz-own.

:ROFLOL:

Mmmm beeer......

Man... that sounds pretty metal to me... game on!!
:ROFLOL::ROFLOL::ROFLOL:

Upvote 0

snowdog63

My wife and I go there every time we hit the World. I would first have a few at the room,if you go to the bars there. :eek:It is very expensive as everybody says. Go easy on the drinking in the clubs. 8-Trax was a lot of fun,On our honeymoon we got picked to set off the fireworks at midnight. It was sooo cool. The Adventurers Club was a hoot too!

Upvote 0

Craig & Lisa

For the last 7 visits the family and I go to DTD for a few things. Ice cream at Giradellies (sp?) Basin, The Earl of Sandwich, and the AC. No matter how many times we go it's always a different show, even though the script is the same the crowds are not so there are different shows in that respect. One day when the sons are old enough for us to trust them by themselves, the wife and I will see the whole show after 9pm, which is when we usually leave. Until then the 2 hours at the AC are enough to keep us happy.

Upvote 0

Peaches Magee

My wife and I go there every time we hit the World. I would first have a few at the room,if you go to the bars there. :eek:It is very expensive as everybody says. Go easy on the drinking in the clubs. 8-Trax was a lot of fun,On our honeymoon we got picked to set off the fireworks at midnight. It was sooo cool. The Adventurers Club was a hoot too!

Wow! That is amazing! LUCKY!!

Adventures club is so great. Really the reason I would go back to PI, actually. Seems everyone has fun when they go there.

Oh and love your signature...
half-Irish gal here...
and that is sooo true.
:lol:

Upvote 0

Scooter

I'm curious

What's the average cost of Drinks in PI?

Say for example, if I have a rum and Coke, or a whiskey and seven up, what would it cost me?
How much is a 12 oz beer?

How much is a Jager bomb? (Jagermeister and Red Bull)

Upvote 0

snowdog63

Glad ya liked the tag-line. Last year,my wife,me,sister and Bro n law were bar hopping at PI and we went into Mannequins,Cool dance floor. We went inside and didn't know it but it was Gay night there. I was the last one in and saw my Bro n law standing at the edge of the dance floor with a look of shock on his face. I told him don't worry,they think you're with me. He's not used to being around gay folks too much. He high-tailed it out of there! The rest of us laughed our butts off! It was quite funny.

Upvote 0

crazydaveh

I'm curious

Say for example, if I have a rum and Coke, or a whiskey and seven up, what would it cost me?
How much is a 12 oz beer?

How much is a Jager bomb? (Jagermeister and Red Bull)

A few weeks ago, a rum and coke ran me $8.

A draft Bud Light was $6 while bottles were a tad bit cheaper. The bottles are the plastic or aluminum ones.

I don't have a clue what Jager Bombs are going for, I'm too old to do those! Too many in college I guess!

I usually hit Publix with a cooler and bring in some beer or wine for my wife. We hit it hard in the room and then we don't have to spend as much in the clubs. I have found from personal experience that the hotel bars will make the drinks stronger than the PI clubs. Still on the pricey side, but at least you're getting more for your buck!

Upvote 0

WickedQueen22

I believe most of the reason we are hitting a grocery store run on the way into WDW is to get the booze. I read a few reports of nearly 50 bucks for a handle size of Cpt Morgan at the hotel. We have a large group that will need their beer and hotel prices are RIDICULOUS:hammer:

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom