Jungle Cruise, a strange ending...

hardcard

Original Poster
Well, here it is.. The story of the exciting finish to our Jungle Cruise journey this past thursday (11/29).

Well, we boarded the boat and were greeted by our skipper, we'll call this person "Pat".. Pat went through the speil, and did a great job as a skipper.. We held for a while at the end of the ride, due to boats ahead unloading/loading Handicapped guests, etc... Well.. we were pulling into the docks and the skipper was un-clear as to which station her was to pull into apparently, and was turned back looking at us to tell us about the 'pair-o-docks'... anyway.. he/she turned around, and noticed we were moving at roughly 30-40% speed and another boat was offloading.....Oooooo. 2 feet from us? He/she slammed it into neutral/reverse, but not before hitting theboat in front of us and accidentally "human reacting" into the an open microphone and saying "Oh ________!! "

The skipper was VERY upset with himself/herself, and I hope that the skipper doesn't get in too much trouble.. I would hope that disney would be more concerned with the bumping of the other boat, than the language.. the language was a pure human reaction, and I don't fault the skipper for it at all..

Meanwhile, we talked to the skipper afterwards and he/she was still pretty upset, she/he was going backstage, I would assume to fill out a report on what had happened..

As for the bump? nothing major.. I've had bigger impacts during a small world offload...

That is all... it was mildly entertaining, and I hope the skipper will tour the rivers of the jungle cruise for a long time to come!

:animwink::animwink:

DisneyAnole

I believe I was told by an ex-Jungle Cruise skipper that they get a pretty severe reprimand for bumping boats. I don't remember how many points the reprimand is, but I remember thinking it was pretty harsh. Perhaps that explains your skipper's reaction?

primetime52

I believe I was told by an ex-Jungle Cruise skipper that they get a pretty severe reprimand for bumping boats. I don't remember how many points the reprimand is, but I remember thinking it was pretty harsh. Perhaps that explains your skipper's reaction?

How does this point system work? I think those of us who don't know much about the life of CM's would like to know in a nutshell.

mickey04

I believe its either a 1 or possibly 2 point safety reprimand, which would naturally be upsetting. There are also witness statements to fill out, which are also not fun. As for the language, it probably wasn't a big concern unless someone specifically complained about it. I do hope the skipper apologized for the language, but as you said, it was a natural reaction.

Forgive me if I get some of this wrong, but it's somewhat confusing. The point system at Disney is recorded on each cast member's record card. Points are recieved for a number of reasons, most commonly discipline, safety and attendence. 3 points earn one reprimand. After receiving more than 3 reprimands in any one category, cast members are terminated.

hardcard

Original Poster

the explitive was a human reaction to the impact.. he/she was upset about possible reprimand but really seemed genuinely upset about the whole thing in general.. like he/she spoiled our day.. which, in fact.. I was more worried about the skippers fate.

mousermerf

Account Suspended
Points how i remember them:

Reprimands equal/leadto points, points are under umbrellas. 3 points under any umbrella and you get termed. You can have 1 point for safety and 2 points for attendance and not get termed though. They have to be for the same thing.

The confusion comes from attendance, where each day missed counts as a fraction of a point, which roughly works out to 3 absensces in 90 days for 1 full point. The infractions expire after X-days too. So, lotsa folks confused the infractions with the points. I might be doing so as we speak.

Anywho, doing something stupid and wreckless usually nails you with a 1 or 2 point reprimand. If someone were to e-stop an attraction because they hit the e-stop button instead of the prompt accept, because they just moved their hand to push and didn't bother to look - they'd get a 2 point repirmand for safety, since evacing guests is more dangerous then just letting them ride. Not that i know from experience :eek:

Piebald

Points how i remember them:

Reprimands equal/leadto points, points are under umbrellas. 3 points under any umbrella and you get termed. You can have 1 point for safety and 2 points for attendance and not get termed though. They have to be for the same thing.

The confusion comes from attendance, where each day missed counts as a fraction of a point, which roughly works out to 3 absensces in 90 days for 1 full point. The infractions expire after X-days too. So, lotsa folks confused the infractions with the points. I might be doing so as we speak.

Anywho, doing something stupid and wreckless usually nails you with a 1 or 2 point reprimand. If someone were to e-stop an attraction because they hit the e-stop button instead of the prompt accept, because they just moved their hand to push and didn't bother to look - they'd get a 2 point repirmand for safety, since evacing guests is more dangerous then just letting them ride. Not that i know from experience :eek:

No.

You are allowed 4 reprimands until you're terminated. Calling in and getting 3 points (one point per day you call in) within 30 days or 6 within 90 days gets you ONE reprimand. If you are sick and call in sick you are allowed up to three consecutive scheduled days to have it just be one point. There are safety reprimands and stuff as well. I think if you get a speeding ticket or just pulled over on Disney property by a cop it's 2 points (meaning if you have one point for calling in you just got a reprimand). Honestly, you'd have to be a moron to get terminated solely on building up points and reprimands. They make it almost impossible for some of the CMs I've seen to get fired.

WDWFREAK53

Sorry...I had to :D

So I'd like to know where, you got the notion
said I'd like to know where, you got the notion

to knock the boat, don't knock the boat baby
knock the boat, don't tip the boat over
knock the boat, don't knock the boat baby
knock the boat-t-t-t-t

Ever since our voyage of the seas began
your touch has thrilled me like the rush of the falls
and your arms have held me safe from a rolling Jeep
there's always been a quiet place to harbor Irrawaddy.

Our love is like a ship on the ocean
we've been sailing with a cargo full of, love and devotion

To knock the boat, don't knock the boat baby
knock the boat-t-t-t-t

Up to now we sailed through every temple.
and I've always had your tender lips to keep me warm
oh I need to have the strength that flows from you
don't let me drift away my dear, when love can see me through

Our love is like a ship ...

eroyee

Sorry...I had to :D

to knock the boat, don't knock the boat baby
knock the boat-t-t-t-t

Ever since our voyage of the seas began
your touch has thrilled me like the rush of the falls
and your arms have held me safe from a rolling Jeep
there's always been a quiet place to harbor Irrawaddy.

Our love is like a ship on the ocean
we've been sailing with a cargo full of, love and devotion

To knock the boat, don't knock the boat baby
knock the boat-t-t-t-t

Up to now we sailed through every temple.
and I've always had your tender lips to keep me warm
oh I need to have the strength that flows from you
don't let me drift away my dear, when love can see me through

Our love is like a ship ...
You are too funny.......:lol::lol::lol::lol:p.S. I really like this song, by the way.....

Shere_Khan

Don't worry. I found it interesting.
I bet that CM felt very badly for saying that. I know how they feel and it makes you feel horrible. I once did the Oh ____ thing while student teaching for a bunch of 5th graders. They of course found it hillarious.
And before anyone is worried that I might teach their children, you need not fear. I don't currently teach and am not terribly interested in doing so.

michelle_sydney

I like hearing stories from Disney. It was a funny story. This is a disney forum. I just don't understand how people can be so rude about stuff. CMs are just people who work in a magic place. Mistakes happen! I'm just glad everyone is ok.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom