Land Being Cleard for New Park?

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Probably the most convincing argument I have heard against a 5th gate deals with the theory that even its current state the average family can not do everything that WDW already has to offer during an average stay and a 5th gate would not generate more business but simply take away business from the other parks. If that theory is correct then there is little likelihood of Disney investing more than a billion dollars in a 5th gate that will not develop more income.

One could argue that Disney's current strategy of getting people to stay on property more and for longer periods could be laying the ground work, even if it is indirectly, for the need of a 5th gate. Even though Disney has set records in attendance for the last 2 years I still feel that we are way off from the attendance numbers needed to justify a 5th gate. When we see attendance rise to the point that at least phase 1 capacity closures start occurring outside of the holiday seasons, 5th gate will get some serious consideration.

WanabBelle1314

Actually - they started working on AK end of Summer 1994. I worked the College Program fall of 1994 - and during one of our "classes" we took a field trip to the area where they grow all the plants, trees, etc.. The 'teacher' told us to look at a certain spot..and low and behold - there was the Tree of Life - being put up (only the main structure of it was able to be seen from where we were). She told us it was going to be the next park due to open in about 3-4 years and it was going to be an animal preserve/zoo. That's all that was known about it then...of course we know what it came to be as of today!

thank you for answering my question and to the person above the person i quoted cuz you both helped out and its amazing to think it only took 4 years but my next question is what is DCA?? and could you explain cuz i want to understand disney lingo :p

lilclerk

thank you for answering my question and to the person above the person i quoted cuz you both helped out and its amazing to think it only took 4 years but my next question is what is DCA?? and could you explain cuz i want to understand disney lingo :p

Disney's California Adventure, the second park in the Disneyland resort.
Check out the abbreviation guide, it's really helpful http://www.wdwmagic.com/acronyms.htm

banimall

I remember when Animal Kingdom first opened and thought, this is great, it will take traffic away from the other parks, shortening lines etc. Well as a casual guest and not an employee I never saw that happen. I think part of the magic that Disney is losing is the level of crowds. You could argue that with the parks being as crowded as they are that people are still fascinated with Disney but what about the long term effects of remembering your trip as being a madhouse surrounded by a ton of people, you may be hesitant to do it again.

If you build it, they will come.

When the Animal Kingdom was built, a lot, I mean alot, of trees were taken from areas around the property and moved there. many were 25 year old trees, many oaks, that were planted when the Magic Kingdoom project was started. The many area seen could be areas where there were some great specimens that were used . The anilmal kingdom was a huge project that needed every plant you see to be planted there.

Jose Eber

I personally don't want a 5th gate. The newer parks are all not up to standard. And when I mean standard, I mean, MK. MK's attendance is considerably more than the other parks. Why not improve quality now that you have quantity?

I'm against a lot of expansion at this point simply because the quality of service and entertainment is so thin right now in the new properties/attractions. Staffing of course is part of the problem.

Its used to be Disney World rejected 80% of its applicants. Now they take anyone, including pedophiles! Quality of service means getting quality people, not just anyone who wants a job. Leadership just doesn't seem to care about quality service or entertainment. Some of these new attractions (shakes head). Miss the boat!

Hrudey3032

beep beep back the trolley up there Jose.I know Disney may hire just about anyone they can get at the moment but I strongly disagree they hire known pedophiles.I know that when my dad worked there up til end of May '07 they did a background check.If anyone was a known pedophile they would not hire them.I know you probably meant they hired people who ended up being charged as pedophiles but next time word that a little better.

Jose Eber

I have a friend who has told me about a co-worker who has been in and out of jail for dealing drugs and being arrested for possession as a minor. This kid can work in foods, but can't serve alcohol. Disney's standards are low.

The fact is, Disney is hiring pedophiles. Period.

They just end up getting caught for it down the road. They were pedophiles before being hired for Disney.

And don't tell me all pedophiles act like normal people and you 'just can't tell'. There is a creep factor associated with them, and Disney has put themselves in the position of not being able to be discerning.

Its not 100% disney's fault, but come on, we all know Disney scrapes the bottom of the barrel here at times. :rolleyes:

Hrudey3032

You know if you use that logic then you might as well as say most places have pedophiles working for them.Walmart,McDonalds,etc.. plus Corporate places as well as you never know who you hire but unfortuntely until they are caught they will pass a background screening.You make it sound as if Disney goes out and says "Joe here is a pedophile according to his background check,but we need him as he is a able body.We will deal with repercussions after they happen" That to me is how you make it sound.:shrug:

Also to say that there is a creep factor to a pedophile,while I agree they are pond scum,I used to be in a Boy Scout Troop and one of the Troop Leaders was what I thought a great guy,well years later he was arested for pedophilia with members of my troop.I never had anything happen to me and I was absolutely shocked that he had done that as he was quite normal.He was married and had 2 kids and I saw no sign of him doing anything like that.He plead guilty and is now in jail for it but my point is you can't lways tell.Yes there are those who completely are freaky and you can tell then you see a show like To Catch a Predator and see Doctors,laywers,and corporate people get busted.You just never know

Jose Eber

I agree sometimes you can't tell, but sometimes you can. To say that Disney is 100% unable to do something about who they hire is giving them too much leeway. Then again, this is a Disney fan site, what should I expect.

J.

Hrudey3032

While I am pro-Disney I am not blind to them making mistakes.However I just do not feel they go out and hire a known pedophile.

BRER STITCH

You know if you use that logic then you might as well as say most places have pedophiles working for them.Walmart,McDonalds,etc..

Ummm...

THEY DO!

Where else do you think they all come from??? As much as those places are a part of society in general, so are society's misfits working for them. There are no places "exempt" from having criminals working for them.

They are everywhere, which is why it's become so important to screen job applicants very well before hiring them. In every business - including DISNEY - it often appears to the public that their need to staff their operations may sometimes outweight their need to thoroughly screen their workers. In "family entertainment" business, that need is even greater than normal.

BRER STITCH

Actually, I feel bad posting the above reply, as that discussion belongs in an entirely different forum.

As for "Land Being Cleared for New Park"???....Someday it will be!

:animwink:

Carry on!

:wave:

EpcotServo

The fact is, Disney is hiring pedophiles. Period.

Yes. What is destroying Disney more than serial killer cast members BEHIND YOU!!! THIS is the Disney Threat Down!

5-Space Mountain!

Now we all agree that Space Mountain needs a rehab. We all know the trash thrown to the bottom of the ride has lost it's luster after all these years. But the problem is that the ride is too darn big. Note to past: If you keep building these huge attractions, how on earth can we fix them properly if you make them huge and much bigger than the budget for a meet and greet? I suggest this...we tear it down. So as not to upset the "Disney-philes" we'll keep the building, but just replace the roller coaster with a simulator. There's bound to be somewhere where we have six perfectly fine simulators sitting unused for no reason? I can't for the life of me think where though...

4-Tigger!
After so many problems with the SAME tiger I say we just let him bounce right back to the Hundred Acre wood. Kids won't know the diffrence between Tigger and Chicken Little!

3-Toontown Fair!
Hey, Toontown fair? Tomorrowland or Fantasyland? Pick a side, we're at war!

2-Upkeep!
No matter how many rehabs we do, those "Inter-nazis" on the Disney websites will say "That's good and all, but since we're out to destroy the Disney Company, why don't you fix up this other ride too?" I know what we need to do. Stop doing upkeep. If everything thing is broken, soon nobody will be able to tell what's broken and what's fixed. See Magic Kingdom. It's working fine over there! Problem solved.

And the number one threat facing Disney...

1-Rides!
Now I know that they have been the backbone of our theme parks for nearly 50 years, but just look closer. Where do all the problems come from...the adding, fixing, and updating of attractions. We can solve all those problems in ONE EASY STEP...remove them! If you notice our gift shops and meet and greets are doing fine. Just expand them into so called "Attractions" and soon our all our problems will be over.

Checkmate!

ImaYoyo

I agree sometimes you can't tell, but sometimes you can. To say that Disney is 100% unable to do something about who they hire is giving them too much leeway. Then again, this is a Disney fan site, what should I expect.

J.
Wow... Have you ever hired someone? I'm going to guess no. What you get to see is a 15 minute window of time known as an interview, a piece of paper called a resume, and a (typically fairly short and sweet) background check. From those 3 things you can tell that someone is a pedophile? Is your brother superman?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom