Looks like WORK

metscool

Original Poster
It does look like they did work last night I saw light from the Web cam and the Crane did move when the sun came up

CrashNet

Does anybody have any close up photos of SSE from today? My eyes are hurting from squinting. :dazzle:
Here you go...not the best, but closer. :)

183673315_609329921_0.jpg

DisneyNut2007

Why did they have to change the Mexico ride though? I love Donald, but I'm not sure how I feel about him being in Mexico. Does anyone feel the same? Adios.

I don't.

This change was a good change, IMO...and a much-needed one.

They had to change the Mexico ride for MANY reasons.

1) The old ride was too underattended and nobody liked it anymore.

2) The old ride became VERY outdated and even offensive to some individuals.

3) The old ride wasn't all that educational to begin with.

4) The park is being made more accessible to kids and families.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
1) The old ride was too underattended and nobody liked it anymore.

3) The old ride wasn't all that educational to begin with.

I`m on the fence about this until October, but `nobody` liked it is a bit of an unsupportable statement. The park has attempted to be more accessible to kids and families in various ways, some more successful than others, for 13 years now :wave:

Tom Morrow

Which is the only major issue I have with the Mexico ride change. You can make Epcot more accessable to kids and families and still stick to the park's original purpose.. instead they seem to be taking the easy way out and inserting characters into the unpopular rides.

comics101

Which is the only major issue I have with the Mexico ride change. You can make Epcot more accessable to kids and families and still stick to the park's original purpose.. instead they seem to be taking the easy way out and inserting characters into the unpopular rides.

I've never ridden the new Mexico ride, so I have no idea if this statment is true for that particular attraction, but how can you say that for any other rides in Epcot? The Seas IMO is extremely educational, at least once you get in the pavillion, Ellen is educational, SSE with the wand was educational, and without it will be. TT teaches you about Car tests, M:S is educational, You can learn lots in the queue to Sorin', and, possibly with the exception of Mexico, In World Showcase you learn about other countries and cultures. If I'm not mistaken, the original purpose of the Park was to educate and entertain at the same time. They're still doing that, just while adding some of our favorite characters to it.

DisneyNut2007

You know that's not true.

And Marni1971, when I said "nobody was riding El Rio anymore", I was referring to the majority of "normal" guests, not the small minority on the Internet (and, YES, we ARE a small minority).

With changes like this, I don't think the park's purpose is being comprimised at all. They're just making it better. Besides, people don't really want to "learn" while on vacation. If they do end up learning something while on vacation, then good for them.

"Education" is for schools, not theme parks. Theme parks like Epcot can just inspire people to want to learn more...and Gran Fiesta Tour, Nemo, etc. do that pretty well.

DisneyNut2007

I've never ridden the new Mexico ride, so I have no idea if this statment is true for that particular attraction, but how can you say that for any other rides in Epcot? The Seas IMO is extremely educational, at least once you get in the pavillion, Ellen is educational, SSE with the wand was educational, and without it will be. TT teaches you about Car tests, M:S is educational, You can learn lots in the queue to Sorin', and, possibly with the exception of Mexico, In World Showcase you learn about other countries and cultures. If I'm not mistaken, the original purpose of the Park was to educate and entertain at the same time. They're still doing that, just while adding some of our favorite characters to it.

Very well put.

But I think Mexico does just as well in "educating" guests about the country as well as the others...at least after they got rid of El Rio del Tiempo and changed it to Gran Fiesta Tour.

cooleo

n19303205_30749570_4985.jpg

Did anyone notice the name on the crane? "SIeMenS CRANE" Do you think they are trying to hide something":ROFLOL: :ROFLOL: :ROFLOL: :ROFLOL: :ROFLOL:

comics101

Very well put.

But I think Mexico does just as well in "educating" guests about the country as well as the others...at least after they got rid of El Rio del Tiempo and changed it to Gran Fiesta Tour.

It may, I've just never ridden it and didn't want to say anything false.

I don't.

This change was a good change, IMO...and a much-needed one.

They had to change the Mexico ride for MANY reasons.

And changing the ride to have 3 cartoon characters represent the culture isn't offensive to Mexicans???? What if they changed American Adventure to a show where Mickey Mouse portrayed George Washington for instance. How would we feel?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom