New Pricing for 2008

KnK

Just read on another site (allearsnet.com) that they will be introducing a new price stucture for lodging in 2008. Looks like the days of booking the last day of value season and having the price carry over is gone.

Kadee

Just read on another site (allearsnet.com) that they will be introducing a new price stucture for lodging in 2008. Looks like the days of booking the last day of value season and having the price carry over is gone.

That really stinks! But, you really can't blame them. All the other hotels do that already. They even have different weekend and weekday rates. We are lucky that we got to do that for this long.

Upvote 0

KnK

Original Poster
That really stinks! But, you really can't blame them. All the other hotels do that already. They even have different weekend and weekday rates. We are lucky that we got to do that for this long.

Actually, the article says that they also will have weekend and weekday rates as well

Will this apply to reservations already made?

Good question. Article does not say. You might want to call and check. I do know that when the tax rate changed last year, everyone got hit with the new tax, even if you had paid your trip off.

Upvote 0

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Well that stinks. I'll be eager to see how much room rates will spike on the weekends as pretty much all of our trips are weekend trips.

Upvote 0

New2WDW

Man! That is bad as everytime we go (based on school breaks) the season changes over about mid week. It is getting very hard for us to save up to go.

Thanks for the post/info thou.

Upvote 0

Richie248

If that is the case, I'm going to miss the old pricing structure, hotel rates are frustrating enough, especially when they change day to day, let's hope Disney's will not do that.

Upvote 0

KnK

Original Poster
If that is the case, I'm going to miss the old pricing structure, hotel rates are frustrating enough, especially when they change day to day, let's hope Disney's will not do that.

yeah, the article suggested that you get a day by day breakdown of the price. It's going to make planning a bit more difficult.

Upvote 0

DisneyMusician2

I wonder how this will really affect the pricing...I can't imagine that things will change all of that much, and I could imagine that the new weekend/weekday pricing might end up being a wash. I think this may be aimed toward people purposely staying on only weekends.

Upvote 0

KnK

Original Poster
I wonder how this will really affect the pricing...I can't imagine that things will change all of that much, and I could imagine that the new weekend/weekday pricing might end up being a wash. I think this may be aimed toward people purposely staying on only weekends.

The article made it sound like they are going to have new software in place allowing them more options. I think those folks who stay during two different seasons, it's going to cause the most problems.

Upvote 0

New2WDW

I thought it mentioned Jan 1 2008 as when the prices will take effect?

Anyway, does anyone think the mid week prices will go down any or just that the weekend prices will go up?

I think this change along with the past price changes on tickets will start pushing more folks back off property...:shrug:

Upvote 0

shoppingnut

I think this may be aimed toward people purposely staying on only weekends.

Yes, and those people that do stay on the weekends are usually locals who decide to make a last minute trip on Thursday. Somehow I think they may be shooting themselves in the foot with this, since the locals that come last minute tend to fill up the extra rooms that otherwise would go empty because people that would have to fly are not going to decide on Thursday to fly to disney on Friday for the weekend. Also, the locals have their own cars, so it isn't like they are in need of staying particularly on property, they have many other choices and can drive there.

For me, if the price for the weekends becomes to high when planning a week trip, I will look to other hotels outside disney, I have been down there enough to know what the decent hotels, so will now have to compare them. And as it stands now, while I tried DME out and used it for two years and not rented a car, I'm starting to rent cars again because I want the flexibility to go off property to do other things and eat other places. Therefore, if I stay off property it won't be that I'll be adding an expense of a rental car since I'm getting one now anyway.

Upvote 0

New2WDW

This is the wording from the source...

"Major changes are coming to the hotel reservation system beginning June 23, 2007. At that time, a new program will be instituted for all reservations beginning January 1, 2008. Pricing and rates for 2008 Walt Disney World hotels will become date specific." from AllEars.net http://allears.net/news/hnews.htm#061107

Upvote 0

Nemo14

I thought it mentioned Jan 1 2008 as when the prices will take effect?

Anyway, does anyone think the mid week prices will go down any or just that the weekend prices will go up?

I think this change along with the past price changes on tickets will start pushing more folks back off property...:shrug:

:ROFLOL:

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom