Best WDW park music

hammysammy59

Original Poster
So... I need a fix, but I don't know when I'll be able to hit WDW. I've got a pretty sizeable collection of WDW music, but I want to know--what's the BEST for reproducing that magic feeling? What WDW music puts you there?

Also, provide a link so we can download whatever music you nominate (or PM me with the link) :)

Personally, I love the old Future World music. I just love the 80s version of the future, which is why I think I love EPCOT so much. Grim Grinning Ghosts is awesome too, as is the Space Mountain music.

http://www.mousegeeks.com/audio/Old Audio Directory/

juan

no links but I think Illuminations: ROE music is one of the best along with the fountain shows and the theme for the pirates movies played over in adventureland

PencilTest

I don't have any suggestions yet, but I did want to take a second to say thanks for posting the mousegeeks.com link. That's an awesome archive of music! More stuff for my iPod!

No links, but IllumiNations does it for me. I listened to it in the car this morning during my commute--and I'll be hearing in live in 10 days! After that, the soundtrack for Fantasmic! also gets me going, especially the cut without narration.

DisneyDragon

I find the World Showcase loops do wonders for evoking memories, but I have to agree, the old 80s Future World music/tracks do the same.

I have a whole folder of loops from all of the parks, and many of the resorts. Just putting those on in the background does wonders...

Steamboat_Kevin

This'll sound really strange, but I'm gonna have to say the music from the WDW Today channel on resort TV.

Every morning before heading off to the parks, we'd watch that channel to find out what park had the EMH that night and the weather and stuff. The music was annoying at that time (It was stuck on a loop between like 3 songs, instead of the normal 20 or so, so we got pretty sick of hearing the same happy little ditties over and over again), but I recently downloaded them and they really make me nostalgic.

PKD

So... I need a fix, but I don't know when I'll be able to hit WDW. I've got a pretty sizeable collection of WDW music, but I want to know--what's the BEST for reproducing that magic feeling? What WDW music puts you there?

Also, provide a link so we can download whatever music you nominate (or PM me with the link) :)

Personally, I love the old Future World music. I just love the 80s version of the future, which is why I think I love EPCOT so much. Grim Grinning Ghosts is awesome too, as is the Space Mountain music.

SWEET collection! Glad I'm not the only one out there :p

I think that Tapestry of Nations is one parade that has a great soundtrack. It is simple and memorable at the same time.

New2WDW

WOW what a site! I would have to say thanks and Wishes! I have been looking for the soundtrack of Wishes for the last two years while at the park but could never find a CD of it, but this site has it!!!!!:sohappy:

schroder6452

I second or third or whatever both those site.

I'd have to say Illuminations: ROE, the current Future World BGM, the 1999-2004 Illuminations preshow compelation, Main Street BGM all put me in the mood and bring back many memmories. Ah, and of course I can't leave out the current Tomorrowland BGM which I spent 3 months constantly listening to while working in T-land. Oh the fun times.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
I could show my age and say UoE (Exxon intro and exit loop), New Horizons, Space, Captain EO (exit loop), We`ve Just Begun to Dream and Dreamflight..... but I wont.

Instead I`ll add Reflections of Earth, Tomorrowland `03 loops, the Alien Encounter suite and Timekeeper instrumental (though I`ll take the WDW Demo over the final version; it`s much more dramatic!)

And HalloWishes.

Skippy

I do love the 20 minute Innoventions Loop.
And while RoE is great, I think I'll take the original preshow music over the actual show.

what else...
Horizons area loop...
82 Epcot Entrance Loop.
And unlike many people I actually like listening to the RaymondScott//GeorgeWilkins 94 loops.

yeap. I'm in the process of organizing my music to work better with iTunes/iPods the organization.

You're definately not the only one out there! My favorite is either the current Tomorrowland loop, or the Innoventions loops. They are amazing. I have hours upon hours upon days worth of park BGM on my iPod, and that is all I listen to while I am at work. This is the closest I can get to WDW, without actually being there.

http://www.mousebits.com
I have an iPod mini...how do you put bgm on the iPod?? I haven't been able to figure it out. Can you PM me? Thanks.

xtimMOOthyx

but I don't have a cd with bgm and obvously you can't get them off the iTunes store. Is it even possible to get it off the internet into iTunes? <<I don't know how to do that.:eek:

Create a new folder on your desktop. Go to one of the websites mentioned above (the easiest is mousegeeks.com), find the link for the song that you wish to download, right click on the link and select Save Target As.... You can rename the file if you choose, then locate your newly created folder, and click save. The song will download to the selected folder. After it has finished downloading, go into iTunes, click File, Add File To Library, locate the song that you downloaded, and click open. It will add the song to your iTunes library.

If you're obsessive compulsive like me, you will create albums for each park and artists as each park area. Enjoy!

dxwwf3

Where to begin........

Anything from EPCOT Center - From New Horizons to O' Canada and from Tomorrow's Child to Impressions de France. Listen to the Land and Energy (You Make The World Go 'Round). You could list everything. The first few years of this park had the best music in WDW history. Period.

Wonders of Life Area Loop - The best area loop in WDW, IMO.

New Tomorrowland Area Loop - Biased pick, but it certainly fit the land perfectly

Splash Mountain music - I'm not much on any country/bluegrass music, but there's just something about the songs in the attraction and the queue music that just feels right.

Space Mountain Queue Music - Some of the most easily recognizable music in the park. You know exactly where you're at when you hear each section of the queue's music.

Main Street USA Area Loop - Is there anything better than listening to this music while walking down Main Street?

Tower of Terror Queue Music - This vintage loop sets the tone better than any other music at WDW.

davidpw97

Anything at EPCOT pretty much, but especially Illuminations. I was a CP at Fountainview, got to hear that music all the time for about 5 months. Brings back alot of memories.

jasonchas

Create a new folder on your desktop. Go to one of the websites mentioned above (the easiest is mousegeeks.com), find the link for the song that you wish to download, right click on the link and select Save Target As.... You can rename the file if you choose, then locate your newly created folder, and click save. The song will download to the selected folder. After it has finished downloading, go into iTunes, click File, Add File To Library, locate the song that you downloaded, and click open. It will add the song to your iTunes library.

If you're obsessive compulsive like me, you will create albums for each park and artists as each park area. Enjoy!

Do you have to have Quicktime Pro to do this?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom