A Goofy Ride

mharrington

Original Poster
I am in the process of creating a drastic overhaul for WDW's Toontown Fair (look for a post on that subject in the near future). As part of that, I'm also creating a new Roger Rabbit-type (or Mr. Toad-type) dark ride. I would use "Roger Rabbit" itself, like in Disneyland, but with all the legal battles between Disney and Spielberg over the rights to Roger Rabbit, Jessica Rabbit, Benny the Cab and the rest, I'm unwilling to take any chances.

But the Catch 22 here is that there should be a dark ride just like Disneyland's "Roger Rabbit's Car Toon Spin". This means that I will have to come up with a ride just like "Roger Rabbit" that doesn't feature Roger or Benny the Cab.

What was I to do?

Well, then I was thinking about how come none of the Fab Six (Mickey, Minnie, Donald, Daisy, Goofy, Pluto) really have any of their own attraction recognition, minus all those character meet-n-greets and shows. I felt it was high time that at least one of these characters got their own dark ride.

So I put those two scenarios together for a solution. If I couldn't use Roger, then who could I use? Which of the Fab Six seems to have the same wacky personality that Roger has? Eventually, I settled on Goofy.

Well, sure, Goofy has his own ride in the form of the Barnstormer, but that's not a very glorified attraction, is it? And it's pretty much reserved only for small kids and their families. And then there's Goofy About Health at the Wonders of Life at Epcot. But again, that's not an attraction that's really glorified. It's located in a pavilion that seems never to be open ever again. But I digress...

Why Goofy, you ask? It's simple, really. Given his clumsy, half-witted nature, Goofy's character looks perfect for the theme of a dark ride done in the style of Mr. Toad (a Mr. Toad-style dark ride means that the ride's protagonist is not very good at driving and is always crashing into things).

Tell me what you think and look for a walkthrough of a ride to come...

Madison

I am in the process of creating a drastic overhaul for WDW's Toontown Fair (look for a post on that subject in the near future). As part of that, I'm also creating a new Roger Rabbit-type (or Mr. Toad-type) dark ride. I would use "Roger Rabbit" itself, like in Disneyland, but with all the legal battles between Disney and Spielberg over the rights to Roger Rabbit, Jessica Rabbit, Benny the Cab and the rest, I'm unwilling to take any chances.

Okay, so this isn't meant to be anything to do with you specifically, but I see it often around here and it's baffling.

Why is it that so many folks seem just as interested in playing lawyers as they are playing imagineers? It seems imagination-limited to develop these blue-sky concepts (even if only in written form) and dismiss or ignore potentially interesting concepts because of some weird contract negotiation you've read about on the internet.

If you think a Roger Rabbit-themed or -inspired ride is the way to go, use it! Don't let the real world inhibit your imagination.

mharrington

Original Poster
If you think a Roger Rabbit-themed or -inspired ride is the way to go, use it! Don't let the real world inhibit your imagination.

Well, not only am I trying to be practical, but I'm also trying to go for something new. I've been thinking, "Wouldn't it be nice if one of the Fab Six could receive their own ride?" With this ride, one will have a ride. Besides, the ride IS inspired by Roger Rabbit (and Mr. Toad, too). No offense, but what's more, he can sound kind of annoying sometimes.

P.S., if it will make you feel better, I am also considering creating an enlarged version of Disneyland's Toontown for Disneyland Paris, simply so that Europe can have a Roger Rabbit ride. Also, RRCTS won't be in the MK anyway; it will be in the Studios. What do you think of that?

mharrington

Original Poster
I'm having a difficult time trying to figure out who should be the villain. Can someone come up with something, please?

Figment fan

I'm having a difficult time trying to figure out who should be the villain. Can someone come up with something, please?
Okay, the only person who could be the villain is Pete, because he is really Goofy's main nemesis because he bullies everyone around, although Goofy may not realise it. In Goof Troop, he was Goofy's best friend, although he returned to being one of his enemies later on. The only other person who could fit the profile is the Phantom Blot.
However, it's up to you on who you want the villain to be.
I also have a suggestion for the title of the ride - Goofy's Motor Madness.

mharrington

Original Poster
Okay, the only person who could be the villain is Pete, because he is really Goofy's main nemesis because he bullies everyone around, although Goofy may not realise it. In Goof Troop, he was Goofy's best friend, although he returned to being one of his enemies later on. The only other person who could fit the profile is the Phantom Blot.
However, it's up to you on who you want the villain to be.
I also have a suggestion for the title of the ride - Goofy's Motor Madness.

Well, since I'm having a difficult time deciding which one to choose, why not use both Pete AND the Blot? They could team up to eradicate Toontown and only you and Goofy can stop them. As for the ride name - how about Goofy's Motor Mania, named after the actual cartoon title of the same name, minus the "Goofy's" part. Also, what setting do you think the ride should be? I was thinking the 1950s, but maybe you can come up with something.

mharrington

Original Poster
The reason why I was considering a period setting is because the Car Toon Spin is supposedly set in 1947 (says so on Lenny's license plate), the year Who Framed Roger Rabbit is set in.

In the first Destroy All Humans game, it's set in the 1950s, probably '59 because they have as a bonus feature an excerpt of Plan 9 From Outer Space. The second DAH game will be set in the 1960s.

So I want the Goofy ride to be set sometimes in the 1950s; can you think of what specific year? It should be post-1955.

Figment fan

Doens't anyone want to help me, or do I have to everything on my own?

Okay, here's a few basic details that could help you:

The ride could take place in 1950, the time Motor Mania was released in real-life.

Here's an idea for the plot:

Pete, who has had enough about the way bad cartoons are always defeated, gets involved with the Phantom Blot's latest evil scheme to destroy Toontown, which is to use a laser gun that will "erase" the cartoons from exsistance, similar to the Dip. The guests arrive at Pete's car mechanic shop from Goof Troop, where they board Goofy's (who's a mechanic there) Toon Car Limt., which are similar in appearance to Benny/Lenny the Cab, expect they look like regular cars. The ride involves you and Goofy trying to stop the villains, while going on a while ride throughout Toontown, with Pete and the Phantom Blot causing trouble for you along the way in several bizzare situations. Eventually, you arrive at the Phantom Blot's evil labratory, where the cars end up in similar position to the end of RRCTS, where you are facing the Plot's laser gun head on. Luckily, Goofy saves you and the Blot and Pete are arrested. You end up at an alley in Toontown with Goofy giving you a thanks as you leave the ride.

Is this a good idea for a plot?

mharrington

Original Poster
Okay, here's a few basic details that could help you:

The ride could take place in 1950, the time Motor Mania was released in real-life.

Here's an idea for the plot:

Pete, who has had enough about the way bad cartoons are always defeated, gets involved with the Phantom Blot's latest evil scheme to destroy Toontown, which is to use a laser gun that will "erase" the cartoons from exsistance, similar to the Dip. The guests arrive at Pete's car mechanic shop from Goof Troop, where they board Goofy's (who's a mechanic there) Toon Car Limt., which are similar in appearance to Benny/Lenny the Cab, expect they look like regular cars. The ride involves you and Goofy trying to stop the villains, while going on a while ride throughout Toontown, with Pete and the Phantom Blot causing trouble for you along the way in several bizzare situations. Eventually, you arrive at the Phantom Blot's evil labratory, where the cars end up in similar position to the end of RRCTS, where you are facing the Plot's laser gun head on. Luckily, Goofy saves you and the Blot and Pete are arrested. You end up at an alley in Toontown with Goofy giving you a thanks as you leave the ride.

Is this a good idea for a plot?

That's a great idea for a plot! How about at one point Goofy turns into his alter ego: Super Goof? That would be a good idea, too. Also, there should be an explosion scene; what do you think should happen?

mharrington

Original Poster
At the car shop-themed load area, I was considering covering the left and right walls with license plates, identical to the ones in RRCTS. I reused all the ones from that ride plus added several new ones. Do you know which ones they mean? Figure them out yourself first, then highlight them if you don't know. The answers to those meanings are in white; just highlight.

LEFT WALL:
  • 2NTOWN (Toontown)
  • ZPD2DA (Zip-a-Dee-Doo-Dah)
  • 1D N PTR (Wendy and Peter Pan)
  • MR TOAD (Mr. Toad)
  • BB WOLF (The Big Bad Wolf)
  • 1DRLND (Wonderland)
  • 3 LIL PGS (The Three Little Pigs)
  • IM L8 (I'm Late)
  • CAP10 HK (Captain Hook)
  • L MERM8 (The Little Mermaid)
  • 101 DALMN (101 Dalmatians)
  • FANTC (Fantasy)
  • RS2CATS (The Aristocats)

RIGHT WALL:
  • DNLD DUK (Donald Duck)
  • 7 DWRFS (The Seven Dwarfs)
  • RSQRS (The Rescuers)
  • FANTZYA (Fantasia)
  • TK RM (Tiki Room)
  • 3 CBLROS (The Three Caballeros)
  • TGGR (Tigger)
  • LD N TRMP (Lady and the Tramp)
  • PNOKYO (Pinocchio)
  • MRY PPNS (Mary Poppins)
  • ALADN (Aladdin)
  • SML WRLD (Small World)
  • DZNYLND (Disneyland)

What do you think of those lists?

mharrington

Original Poster
What does "Limt." stand for? I looked it up and it says, "Local Insertion Media Technology". Is that what you mean?

mharrington

Original Poster
What follows is a verbal tour of Goofy's Motor Mania...

You enter the ride building, which is the main entrance to Pete's Garage, a car mechanic shop similar to the one in Goof Troop, where Goofy works as a mechanic. You're on your way to rent one of Goofy's Toon Car Limts. for a sightseeing tour of Toontown, with Goofy as your guide. Once through the main door of the car shop, you wind through a hallway, adorned with various punny signs, as well as several letters of appreciation, all praising this place for its exceptional (albeit unusual) operation and roadworthy vehicles. But as you continue to wind through the building's lobby toward the eventual load area in the garage out back, you see on a TV a news broadcast that Pete, the owner and founder of the mechanic shop, is so tired of the way bad cartoons are always defeated that he has sided with the Phantom Blot (who had just recently broken out of jail) and they are involved with the latest scheme to destroy Toontonwn. This time, the plan is to do so using a stolen doomsday bazooka-like laser gun that can and will "erase" toons from existence, similar to the Dip in RRCTS. Then when Toontown is gone, Pete and the Blot plan to rebuild Toontown as a humorless, colorless city full of skyscrapers. The news reporters say not to get too close to this horrid device, or else.

Meanwhile, you finally reach the garage out back, where your six-passenger Toon Car Limts. are parked, waiting for you. These cars are similar in appearance to Benny/Lenny the Cab, expect they look like regular cars and have no anthropomorphized identities. This area is adorned with various license plates whose combinations of numbers and letters are all obvious references to Disney films and characters. They are listed above.

Once aboard your car, it makes a hard left turn out the door, where it's nighttime. Goofy appears on your left to tell you about your first stop that you go past, which is of a truck full of novelty gags, parked near a cartoon dwelling. Goofy laughs, "A-hyuck!" as you go past. He reminds you that what you just saw was only a tiny bitty part of what was to come in the planned tour. But once you reach the quickest route toward Mickey Avenue, you're greeted with a hastily assembled DETOUR sign. Something funny about that...

You take the detour only to discover that Pete, the no-good ruffian that he is, and the Phantom Blot have changed your plans (though neither you nor Goofy know this at the time). You head toward a fork in the road and there are Pete and the Blot standing nearby with a menacing grin on his face. They were messing around with the directional signs. One of them reads "Mickey Avenue" and the other reads – uh-oh - "13th Street". From the way they're pointing, you seem to be heading in the right direction, but as you pass by, Pete bellows, "So long, suckers!" Goofy's sightseeing tour is now off the itinerary.

Your car picks up speed and you go down a very spooky Skid Row-type street. Lurking behind a barrel, Pete and the Phantom Blot lie in wait, certain they have you right where they want you. Pete then hefts the laser gun and then, once you start to get past them, he fires. Luckily, his aim is off and the blast from the gun only hits the back of the car. You feel a major jolt as the blast hits the car. Now your car can be disengaged from its fixed position to spin courtesy of the car's steering wheel.

You now realize why this street is called 13th Street: you smash through a mirror and go behind (and knock over) a ladder. You then approach a black cat crossing your path. Your car swerves to get out of the way, but the rear tire bumps the cat, now enraged. It now chases after you. Goofy appears up ahead to tell you to hide.

But in his haste, he doesn't tell you exactly where to hide and your car turns left into a dark alley, smashing through the wooden doors as you go. Inside, you race down the narrow inky black pathways as foul stenches come from everywhere. You accidentally collide with a pile of trashcans, which arouses various angry black alley cats that all chase you onward, joining the one from out in the street. Up the path, Pete and the Phantom Blot lie in wait readying again to nail you with the laser gun. But when they pull the trigger, it only hits an alley cat, resulting in a pile up of all the cats.

You finally swerve to the right at the last second and smash through a fence and into a drive-in theater. You zigzag through the area, smashing through parked cars and swerving and fishtailing past patrons, who run in fright as you barrel through. The two giant screens show various Disney cartoons on them. You then emerge from the theater onto city streets.

Here, you sideswipe an oncoming truck and run a red Toon stoplight, with traffic in both directions stopped. Pete and the Phantom Blot appear once again to try and ambush you with the laser gun, only to hit a car that passes within inches in front of you. Goofy then reappears to again tell you to hide. Again, you hastily hide in the next place you find: the ominous TNT Factory.

Inside, it's pitch black in there that you can't see your hand in front of your face. Then Goofy appears in the room with a lit candle. All around him and you are shelves full of bombs, dynamite, TNT, fireworks and every other explosive imaginable. Lurking nearby, Pete and the Phantom Blot appear yet again. Pete sneaks up beind Goofy and blows out his candle while the Blot hefts the laser gun again and fires. This time, the blast from the bazooka hits the fuse of one firework, lighting it on fire. It then flies through the air and hits an enormous barrel of TNT from a distance. Uh-oh...

KA-BOOM!! The TNT explodes and you go through a Mr. Toad-type explosion scene, with lots of flashing lights, as you see that the whole warehouse is blown to smithereens! Luckily, you and Goofy manage to escape certain doom. You then enter a large gaping hole in the wall, made by the explosion where the warehouse used to be.

Here, you enter the Prop Warehouse. All around are various cartoon props and items and things, including bombs, anvils, cigars, etc. You narrowly avoid getting hit by boxing gloves, cream pies, out-of-control fireworks and even giant mallets that try to take swings at you. Cannibal puppets snap at you and creepy dolls follow you through the warehouse. All the while, Pete lurks, trying to let you have it with the laser bazooka.

You then crash to freedom through a stack of crates. Then you finally see Goofy once again. He has grabbed a can full of Super Goobers and gobbles them down. In the wink of an eye, Goofy turns into his alter ego, Super Goof.

He has picked up where Pete and the Phantom Blot are now hiding: in the Blot's evil laboratory! He smashes a hole in the wall so you can enter the lab. Inside, you see several electric machines buzzing and humming. Shockwaves zip through the room, while Goofy proceeds to take out the machines, one at a time.

Then suddenly, as you turn a corner, you encounter the deadliest threat yet: your steering locks. Something is controlling it! You can't spin! Up ahead are Pete and the Blot. They finally have you right where they want you. Pete is holding a powerful magnet that has got a hold of your vehicle and bringing it closer, while the Blot levels the laser bazooka at you. You are trapped, staring down the barrel of the scary doomsday weapon head-on (in a similar position as at the end of RRCTS, where you are facing down the barrel of a Dip cannon)! "Here's a little something to forget us by," the Blot sneers.

Then Goofy flies at Pete and socks him in the face. Pete flies into the Blot and both are knocked unconscious. Goofy then tells you to leave and points the obvious exit out of the place. As you turn right and head straight for a brick-walled dead end, you hear the Boomer explode (courtesy of flashing lights). Then Goofy flies ahead of you and smashes a hole in the wall with his fist.

You go through the hole and find yourself in an alley, where you see Goofy's pals (Mickey, Minnie, Donald, etc.), along with Goofy himself (now dressed in his normal clothes), all gathered around to congratulate you for helping to stop Pete and the Weasel Elite from destroying Toontown. Meanwhile, Pete and the Blot are being arrested and taken away by the police. "And we woulda gotten away with it, too, if it weren't for you meddling goofs!" Pete snaps.

Goofy and the others bid you good-bye Then you find yourself at the unload area back at Pete's Garage and you get out of your Toon Car Limts. and exit the ride, the hallway through which goes past a TV news broadcast telling that Pete and the Blot are jailed. This hall leads to (surprise, surprise) a gift shop: "Goofy's Roadside Stop", a gas station-themed shop, specializing in Goofy-related merchandise, as well as travel-related souvenirs and Florida tourist items.

And that ends our ride on "Goofy's Motor Mania" at the Magic Kingdom at Walt Disney World.

So, what did you think? :king: :dazzle: :D :sohappy: I loved it!

mharrington

Original Poster
it is a great idea but instead of Goofy put Mickey Mouse tied up by the phantom blot. in the ride.

How about having Mickey, Minnie, Donald and Daisy all tied up by the Blot, while Pete threatens to zap them with the doomsday laser unless we surrender: "Surrender, or the rodents get it, see?" Meanwhile, Goofy zooms right at Pete with his fist clenched and far out in front of him, ready to feed Pete a knuckle sandwich. We could have both mice and ducks captured and Goofy comes to save them.

JEANYLASER

How about having Mickey, Minnie, Donald and Daisy all tied up by the Blot, while Pete threatens to zap them with the doomsday laser unless we surrender: "Surrender, or the rodents get it, see?" Meanwhile, Goofy zooms right at Pete with his fist clenched and far out in front of him, ready to feed Pete a knuckle sandwich. We could have both mice and ducks captured and Goofy comes to save them.
who can save them Goofy and the guest and where is Mickey and his pals be held in what place.

mharrington

Original Poster
who can save them Goofy and the guest and where is Mickey and his pals be held in what place.

Why, Goofy can save both them AND you as he comes racing at Pete with his fist out. As for where Mickey and pals are held, they will be tied by ropes to a power winch, like what happened to Roger and Jessica. They will be held in the Phantom Blot's evil lab. Remember, by this time, Goofy had become his alter ego, Super Goof. That's why he can knock things out with his fist.:lol:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom