Saw the "Dream Squad" in action today

Status
Not open for further replies.

Main Street USA

Alright, let me explain why you misinterpreted what I wrote. I was trying to say that it is unrealistic to say that if someone sees someone else win random prizes that there's no possibility for them to feel excluded. Of course the other side of this argument is that it's not logistically possible to include all the tons of poeple that come to the parks every day for a year to get these prizes. As a side note it is also naive to think that this "random ratio schedule" (psychology jargain) is completely altruistic. Sorry that you feel I took it personally, but I feel I have to stand up for the underdogs who read the stuff like what you wrote and then they don't wish to participate. By the way, I said the last statement jokingly. If you think that just because 60 or whatever number of poeple agree with you, you still aren't justified to invalidate other peoples' opinions. Don't worry you didn't "hurt my feelings".:kiss: No more time on this please.:hammer: Case in point: Don't tread on opinions, but respect them. It'll help you out in life.
Yeah, I didn't "invalidate your feelings." (psychology jargon) I had a different opinion than you, which is the exact thing you attempted to defend a few posts up.

I'm sorry you feel like you need to "stand up for the underdogs." In this case, you're on the (in my opinion) wrong side of things. Why? Because the people you are so nobly (or maybe not so nobly) "standing up for" are the people who are whining like 5 year olds because the person standing next to them won somehting and they didn't. If that's the argument you want to support and the group you want to hang with, go for it. I won't lose any sleep knowing the world has one more childish adult in it. That group is too big for one more to matter.

As for your life advice, I'll respect your opinion when you have a valid point. Until then, I'll continue to tear it apart with simple logic.

freediverdude

Why can't people feel happy for the winner and enjoy the moment??? I am not understanding this. Are people really that nasty and selfish that they would pull a fit right in front of the castmember and winner, that they should have been picked? I could understand maybe feeling like "Aww, I wish I would have won", but pulling a hissy fit and getting nasty? I don't get that, very low class. I've been on most of the rides many times, so I wouldn't care that much about winning more fastpasses (although it would be cool), but I would love seeing some family who doesn't get there much getting that prize and making their day. It's sad that they would even have to be discrete about giving the prizes, it shouldn't need to be that way. It should be a magical moment for everybody in the line around the winner when the dream team comes and gives a prize.

hardcard

So, I had to tell you all what I did at dinner last night.. We're sitting at the table.. My wife, 3 daughters, and myself.. And I told them I wanted to tell them about something fun going on in Disney World during our trip this week.

I told them about a contest where EVERYONE in the park has a chance to win prizes, etc. Then I told them that there were no guarantees we would win ANYTHING, and that someone RIGHT NEXT to US could win, and we would get nothing! But we could still be happy for the people next to us in line, and maybe for the next contest we'll be lucky enough to win..

The kids understood, processed it, and we'll continue to reinforce it... It's called parenting.. Buying a kid a gameboy to him/her quiet... yeah, thats not parenting, thats lazy..

Sorry for the tone towards the end of this, but I'm responsible enough to explain this to my daugthers (2,4,6 - the 2 year old couldn't care less).. Perhaps people that don't want there kids feelings hurt should try be proactive instead of pointing the 'not fair' finger at the Disney company..

Or maybe the kid was fine with it, and it was the adult who was jealous? Will I be jealous? yes.. It's human nature.. But it's maturity and respect for others that will allow me to be happy for them, and hope that one day I may be lucky enough to win something, or lucky enough to be in... oh wait.... YEAH, in DISNEY WORLD...

minnie61650

So, I had to tell you all what I did at dinner last night.. We're sitting at the table.. My wife, 3 daughters, and myself.. And I told them I wanted to tell them about something fun going on in Disney World during our trip this week.

I told them about a contest where EVERYONE in the park has a chance to win prizes, etc. Then I told them that there were no guarantees we would win ANYTHING, and that someone RIGHT NEXT to US could win, and we would get nothing! But we could still be happy for the people next to us in line, and maybe for the next contest we'll be lucky enough to win..

The kids understood, processed it, and we'll continue to reinforce it... It's called parenting.. Buying a kid a gameboy to him/her quiet... yeah, thats not parenting, thats lazy..

Sorry for the tone towards the end of this, but I'm responsible enough to explain this to my daugthers (2,4,6 - the 2 year old couldn't care less).. Perhaps people that don't want there kids feelings hurt should try be proactive instead of pointing the 'not fair' finger at the Disney company..

Or maybe the kid was fine with it, and it was the adult who was jealous? Will I be jealous? yes.. It's human nature.. But it's maturity and respect for others that will allow me to be happy for them, and hope that one day I may be lucky enough to win something, or lucky enough to be in... oh wait.... YEAH, in DISNEY WORLD...

clappinggh9.gif

blackerbys17

You know, I am glad that this subject came up. It is good to see that most of us have good values and are raising our kids to be unspoiled, unselfish, well adjusted, sharing and caring adults. It's nice to see that most of us do indeed have a very "Disney" attitude towards life. Most of us don't feel we are entitled to squat and can actually find joy in the joy of others. I couldn't imagine a nicer bunch of people than some of the folks I've met here. Walt would be proud of you!:kiss:

As for those of you that are deeply disappointed that they did not win, even angry, I really don't get that logic, probably because there is no logic in it. It all reminds me of that scene from Willy Wonka's where little Violet keeps screaming "I want this, I want that, give it to me now!" Life is too short to be bitter about a silly little contest, lighten up! :wave:

Captain Chaos

I have finally made my plans. I will be visiting WDW in May, 2007... during this promotion... I hope I win.. Heck, I better win something, even fast passes.. Cause I am paying good money to Disney to have a good time and get away from reality.. The least they could do is give me SOMETHING for free.... I am getting my lawyer ready... Cause when I don't win, I am suing... Suing them for ruining my vacation.. I mean, I am going there for the sole purpose of winning, not to enjoy the magic, enjoy the atmosphere, enjoy the rides... I will go to the Orlando Sentinal with my complaints.... How dare Disney do a contest where they RANDOMLY choose guests...

I am joking of course.... I am going in May 2007, but I do not expect to win anything.. Actually, I just hope to see the Dream Squard award a winner something.. I think seeing that would be awesome....

Dwarful

Wow, things on the boards are really heating up. It would be fun to win. I could see some people get disappointed if they don't win, but as my 6 year old says: "You get what you get and you don't throw a fit"

missionspace

You can say what you want about me, I don't care!
I just fell they made such a scene it was unreal! The castmember walked up to them and said you don't have to wait in line for any of the fastpass attractions today! They made such a fuss and clapping and dancing in line! then they pulled them out of line and lead them right to the fastpass line! If they didn't make such a fuss about winning I think all would have been well! But it was a huge scene! Like some said before they shoud have to go somewhere to pick up the prize! like you do for the EMH bands. so that way there are not making such a big scene in front of everyone! The lines were huge on Sunday and we only got to ride test track and mission space! We didn't have time to wait for 1+ hours to ride soarin, we were so bummed! We didn't have a good trip at all to say the least. This just put the icing on the cake.

hardcard

They do EMH bands right in the middle of the street in MGM, what the heck are you talking about?

Why don't you teach your children to take advantage of what THEY have instead of envying what everyone else has..

Sorry, I'm done with this thread. you can't help the helpless.:brick:

DisneySaint

We didn't have time to wait for 1+ hours to ride soarin, we were so bummed!

How can you blame Disney for that? This is not new news that Soarin' has a ridiculously high wait time. Arrive early, see it at the end of the night, or get Fastpasses before they run out. If you really wanted to ride, you could of. You can't come to Disney with the attitude that if you don't win a prize you're not going to be happy. I'm sorry you had such a bad trip but have you considered, perhaps, your expectations were a notch too high?

blackerbys17

You can say what you want about me, I don't care!
I just fell they made such a scene it was unreal! The castmember walked up to them and said you don't have to wait in line for any of the fastpass attractions today! They made such a fuss and clapping and dancing in line! then they pulled them out of line and lead them right to the fastpass line! If they didn't make such a fuss about winning I think all would have been well! But it was a huge scene! Like some said before they shoud have to go somewhere to pick up the prize! like you do for the EMH bands. so that way there are not making such a big scene in front of everyone! The lines were huge on Sunday and we only got to ride test track and mission space! We didn't have time to wait for 1+ hours to ride soarin, we were so bummed! We didn't have a good trip at all to say the least. This just put the icing on the cake.

:eek: The only thing unreal about this whole thing is YOU! Now you are saying that you were especially upset because they seemed really happy about winning? :brick: What is wrong with making a scene if you win something? Geez, are you always this self-centered? I am amazed by your attitude. If we all lived life in a way that was acceptable to you, we would all have to whisper amongst ourselves, lest we upset YOU with our happy news. I think you had a bad trip because you are self-centered and selfish and only want good things to happen to you and no one else!:mad:

Long lines at Disney, gee, you don't say, when did that start happening?:rolleyes: Get over it YOU ARE NOT SPECIAL, YOU DON'T DESERVE SPECIAL TREATMENT, AND WITH AN ATTITUDE LIKE THAT YOU'LL PROBABLY NEVER WIN A DARN THING! And tell you what, if you had such a bad time perhaphs you shouldn't go back. You're probably one of those people that complains in line out loud and says stuff like "Why isn't the line moving? How much longer?" Basically, annoying the heck out of everybody around you cause things aren't going your way. Do us all a favor and stay away from Disney. You want free stuff? Why don't you take a trip to the local supermarket instead and get some free samples, maybe that will finally make you happy, though I doubt anything can.

Dwarful

Missionspace, how far do you go to get to Disney? Was this a once a year trip or a once a month trip? I am just curious. I wouldn't think that the CM's would want to go over the top for smaller give aways like a one time or one park fast pass. Because they don't "cost" anything I could see a group getting ticked that they weren't getting them either...sort of like the people who stand in the regular line and then complain about people using the fast pass system ( Ok I still don't get that!).
If people don't know to plan ahead it can be overwhelming. If people refuse to plan ahead..then thats their own fault!
Either way, I like the idea of this new celebration...although to me just going to Disney is reason for celebration and I think DIsney has now set itself up for constant "new" themed reasons for going back...

missionspace

How can you blame Disney for that? This is not new news that Soarin' has a ridiculously high wait time. Arrive early, see it at the end of the night, or get Fastpasses before they run out. If you really wanted to ride, you could of. You can't come to Disney with the attitude that if you don't win a prize you're not going to be happy. I'm sorry you had such a bad trip but have you considered, perhaps, your expectations were a notch too high?[/quo

Were you don't understand I only was at Disney only once before! I don't get to go every year like some of you, heck some of you go every day or every week! We only had one day for Epcot, who knew there wold be 30,000 people trying to win stuff! I didn't realize you had to go at 9am to get a 3pm ride,let alone be out of them at 2pm! They should have them all day if it is advertized as a fastpass attraction! the attraction is open till 9pm so why are thay gone at 3pm! There was so many peoply there that day hoping and praying to win stuff, it was a mess. The people were following the dream team all day! you could hear the guests saying thoes people in those outfits are one you get stuff from! If I gould afford it I would go tomorrow and try and win something but I can't. This was our dream vacation and it was a nightmare. I woun't get to go aqain for a couple of years if at all! I'm glad you can go all the time but most can't. Sure it would be great to Win something!

This celebration is geared to a million + people the othere Bllions it just a normal day at a packed park!

Year of a Million Dreams and Billions of loosers!

Main Street USA

Everytime you post you only make it worse. I would just head off to the other parts of the forums and leave this thread for good if I were you. Your lack of WDW experience shows in your posts and your false logic. You don't understand the fastpass system, either. It only makes you sound stupid when you criticize a system you know nothing about.

Year of a Million Dreams and Billions of loosers!

Would you like som French Cries with that Waaaaaaaaaaaaamburger?

Or perhaps we should just call you a Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaambulance.

I noticed on your user profile that you've been registered on this site since February of 2005. So that means you've had well over a year to plan your trip, and notice smaller things like "How does Fastpass work?" and "How long have the wait times been at various attractions?"

Do you really need the breakdown on Fastpass distribution? Because there's a lovely little "Search" feature on these boards, and I'm sure Fastpasses have been discussed several times before. There's a few more threads regarading the Dream Squad and their prize distribution system. It is completely random, and there weren't "30,000 people trying to win" stuff. Maybe there were several thousand people in the park, but they weren't necessarily trying for anything. There's no way t know what's being awarded or who it's going to go to. Try doing the "Search" on that too.

You have no excuse for your own bad attitude.

tink81

missionspace, I, too, was at Epcot on Sunday and the park was a bit crowded, but it was the first day of the Food and Wine Festival (which attracts a lot of locals as well as visiting guests). Sorry you didn't plan ahead for that, but it's no reason to really get upset over.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom