Tips for trip in June 2006

pyrophoric

Original Poster
Me and my fiance are looking to go to a lot of the theme parks in Orlando in June and could use some tips on what to expect, especially for adults.

Our trip layout, so far, is as follows...

Day 1 Disney Quest (Day) Pleasure Island (Night)
Day 2 SeaWorld
Day 3 Typhoon Lagoon
Day 4 Animal Kingdom
Day 5 Blizzard Beach
Day 6 Epcot
Day 7 Universal Studios
Day 8 MGM
Day 9 Island of Adventures
Day 10 Disney World

As you can tell we are trying to do everything major while there. My main thing though is when I look at the list of attractions and entertainment for all the Disney parks everything just seems for kids. I understand its a child at heart kind of place but we were really trying to find some of the finer points of adult activity in Disney.

Basically, any tips about anything would be great! :) We are new to the whole Orlando sceen so all info is good info. Kinda sad considering I have been a Floridian for about 18 years of my life.

Btw, thanks in advance for any info or help :)

Nemo14

pyrophoric said:
Me and my fiance are looking to go to a lot of the theme parks in Orlando in June and could use some tips on what to expect, especially for adults.

Day 2 SeaWorld
Day 3 Typhoon Lagoon
Day 4 Animal Kingdom
Day 5 Blizzard Beach
Day 6 Epcot
Day 7 Universal Studios
Day 8 MGM
Day 10 Disney World

As you can tell we are trying to do everything major while there. My main thing though is when I look at the list of attractions and entertainment for all the Disney parks everything just seems for kids. I understand its a child at heart kind of place but we were really trying to find some of the finer points of adult activity in Disney.

Basically, any tips about anything would be great! :) We are new to the whole Orlando sceen so all info is good info. Kinda sad considering I have been a Floridian for about 18 years of my life.

Simply put, once you enter Disney property, you instantly become a kid again, so just don a pair of ears or a silly hat, relax and enjoy!

Nemo14

pyrophoric said:
Well, I am 23 with tattoos all over and dont look like someone who would be sitting in a flying elephant at a kids park :)
Trust me, you would not be the oldest person there!

JPVonDrake

pyrophoric said:

Day 2 SeaWorld
Day 3 Typhoon Lagoon
Day 4 Animal Kingdom
Day 5 Blizzard Beach
Day 6 Epcot
Day 7 Universal Studios
Day 8 MGM
Day 10 Disney World

You do seem to have a very full schedule. Do keep in mind our parks are very large, and can be a little overwhelming to a first time visitor who wants to "do it all!" Might I suggest you change one or two of your days to "relaxing at the Resort" or maybe add a second day each to explore all there is to see and do at Epcot or the Magic Kingdom? Trying to do too much in a single day will easily tire anyone out, and will affect your overall enjoyment of your vacation.

What should you leave out? Well I personally would omit your plans for days 2, 7, and 9, but that answer may be considered a little bias, considering the source. :drevil:

Whatever you decide, again I would suggest that you don't try to "do it all" each day of your stay. Spend some time relaxing at your pool, enjoying a fine dinner or two, and just stop to smell the flowers at Epcot. You will be glad you did! :animwink:

Hope this helps! :sohappy:

Nemo14

JPVonDrake said:
What should you leave out? Well I personally would omit your plans for days 2, 7, and 9, but that answer may be considered a little bias, considering the source. :drevil:

:
Good points, JP!

pyrophoric

Original Poster
Hehe, I understand where you are coming from :) We just wanted to experience everything (good and the bad hehe) while there. Never been to any of the theme parks there so might not like the Universals and all that but who know.

As for not trying to fit everything in that is a good point but we dont want to leave anything out either. Since this will be our only vacation for a while we wanted to see everything we could. Now for relaxing, we were planning on the day with downtown disney to be our relax day and that might get moved to the middle of the trip if we feel tired or overwelmed.

Actually, while I am on the subject of downtown disney I was kinda wondering about some of the stores there. We have set aside a large budget for buying basically whatever we want while there but we were wonder if you can buy more or basically the same stuff at downtown disney as you could in some of the theme parks. As well, I was wondering if the prices are any cheaper or the same in downtown disney.

Thanks again for all the info! :)

Nemo14

Some of the stuff is the same as what you will find in the theme parks, but there are several specialty shops that offer different items. Also, the lego store has some unique creations.

Victoria

Not old, just vintage.
You should plan things to do on the evening of your Blizzard Beach and Typhoon Lagoon days because neither park will take you more than a few hours to do. Usually when I go to one of the water parks go in at opening around 9am and am ready to leave by 2pm or so.

You may want to think about spending extra time in Epcot and Magic Kingdom those evenings. You will not be able to do Epcot and MK in one day. You will wear yourself out and be completely stressed out if you try and do everything in one day.

And dont worry about eveything being a "kiddie" ride! That is a very common misconception about WDW. It is NOT just for kids. There are plenty of things adults, particularly a bunch of 23 year olds with tattoos can do. (Im 22 with a bunch of tattoos...does that count?:lol: )

Have a great trip!:wave:

pyrophoric

Original Poster
Yeah that counts :)

As for doing everything in Epcot we have already told ourselves that we dont want to go to all the places there. We only have a select 3 or 4 of the pavilions we actually wanted to see and then to do all the rides.

For Magic Kingdom, I do agree that it would be hard to do everything but we are planning to go from open till close so I couldnt see not being able to do everything if we can handle the 15 hours :p

I actually bought my tickets first thing this morning for 4 day with water parks so I should be able to do everything we wanted to do... hopefully. :)

Victoria

Not old, just vintage.
15 hours in one park is a long time. Just keep that in mind. The lines tend to get very long at MK and that can seriously put a wrench in your plans to do everything in one day. I hope that you have scheduled yourself around Extra Magic Hours so that you can make the most of your time in each park.

On the days you go to the waterparks, if you dont want to go to one of the main parks in the evening, consider some of the mini golf courses around Disney or heading over to The Boardwalk and partying the night away there. You might even consider planning yourselves a really nice dinner at one of the Disney resort restaurants. It can be very romantic for you and you fiance. I would suggest California Grill over at Contemporary, Ohana at Poly, Whispering Canyon at Wilderness Lodge (it will be one wild and crazy time!!), or anywhere else that catches your attention.

Another question, what exactly are you planning to do on DAy 10. You only have Disnesy World listed. Does that mean you are planning to go back to a WDW park that day? Also, what hotel are you staying at?

pyrophoric

Original Poster
Well I was saving the best for last to go to Disney World. We will be staying at this little hotel outside in Kissimmee. Nothing much to look at but not planning on being there much.

For the down time after the water parks we might just use it to relax. And for Day 10 .. we are leaving on day 11 so we will have that entire day 11 to rest and relax after the 15 hours in Disney :)

Ohhhh, about the extra magic hours .. I thought that was only for people at a resort? Can you do that if you have only purchased the magic your way tickets?

JPVonDrake

pyrophoric said:
Well I was saving the best for last to go to Disney World. We will be staying at this little hotel outside in Kissimmee. Nothing much to look at but not planning on being there much.

For the down time after the water parks we might just use it to relax. And for Day 10 .. we are leaving on day 11 so we will have that entire day 11 to rest and relax after the 15 hours in Disney :)

Ohhhh, about the extra magic hours .. I thought that was only for people at a resort? Can you do that if you have only purchased the magic your way tickets?

The Extra Magic Hour is an exclusive benefit of Guest staying at select Walt Disney World Resorts. You must have resort ID plus your Magic Your Way Ticket to take advance of this benefit.

:sohappy:

Nemo14

pyrophoric said:
Well I was saving the best for last to go to Disney World. ?
I think you mean Magic Kingdom. Disney World is the entire place (MK, AK, MGM, Epcot, waterparks, resorts, DTD, golf courses, etc.)

Yellow Shoes

You've gotten some advice to have some down time. IMHO, the afternoon/evening after the water parks would be good for this. (Just speaking for myself, but after a day in the water and sun I am EXHAUSTED!)

Even then, this is a full schedule. I would consider choosing just one water park, but that's just me. (or hitting them both in the same day??)

If you have a Disney Visa, the only place on earth to get a 10% discount is at World of Disney in Downtown. That would be a good reason to do the bulk of your shopping there. My impression is that if you're looking for fairly generic Disney merchandise--Goofy hats, Minnie coffee mugs, Eeyore keychains, etc., you'll find it there as well as at the larger stores in the parks (MouseGears, Emporium, etc).

Attraction specific merchandise--Tower of Terror bathrobe, Pirates of the Caribbean boxers, etc. will have to come from the attraction gift shops.

Have a great time!

pyrophoric

Original Poster
Yeah, looking for more unique items so will buy them at the parks.

When I said Disney World I did mean Magic Kingdom .. I just think of them as one in the same hehe :)

maxlbrown

having been the last 5 years and back in may for 6. we are now old hands at the parks.

Get to the parks well before they open (skip breakfast or go early)and go backwards for some of the better rides. i.e IOA do duelling dragons after spiderman and the hulk as the crowds move round generally clockwise. get in and leg itto these rides as later on this are busy until the end of the day.

Dont try to do a park a day. its extremely tiring do on water park days do another park in the PM if your tickets allow as the bigger parks are just to bg to do justice in 1 day and youll not enjoy them as much especially with young children they get hot and lely.

Most important which i notice you haven't included. chill out time too many people i know have been and hated the experience because they bought as many tickets and wasted money on attractions they didn't get time to fit in. 10 days is not long in florida 18 is about right and 21 too long

Personally if your adults scrap MK its definitely for kids and MM is everywhere anyway. Not many if any adult rides worth bothering with apart from space mountain

animal kingdom closes early for a disney park
queues at blizzard beach are unbelelievable for a water park. typhoon lagoon is good and the water coaster must be done first as its three rides and later on is very busy. head straight for castaway quay for the crusher. do it then relax(dont miss this its great).

bridget y

we visit last june 05..1st of all it's very very humid,for a california girl almost unbarable..but,I did adjust,drink lots of h2o..It was totally awesome though!! we had 12 days and still didnt see everything..personally,I found universal a waste of time and $..After dw.nothing compares..the cleaness,rides,cast memebers,etc..universal wants you to spend spend spend everywhere you turn is a store or food shack..dw asbsorbs you into the whole experince..
but do have fun .and deff do the water parks :king:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom