2006 Official Photography Contest Weekly TOPICS and RULES (Updated)

nibblesandbits

Original Poster
2006 Official Contest Calendarupdated 11/15/06
I have finally updated the Contest calendar for the rest of the year. This includes all the new contests and descriptions for contests that were already on the calendar, but didn't have anything else written about them.

This calendar will be ever-changing, and is a work-in-progress, but as of right now, this is it.

Oh, one thing to note: I will be out of town July 27-Aug 3 for my wedding/honeymoon in Jamaica ( :sohappy: ) For the contest period I will either do one of two things...fix the contest for those two weeks to fit my schedule or have someone else run them for me until I get back. I will let you all know a little closer to the date what I've decided to do.

March
17-23 Goofy Any photo of Goofy will be applicable
24-30 Adventureland Adventureland in any of the Disney parks will be applicable
31-4/6 Kids of the Kingdom This contest is especially for those that like to take photos of their (or someone else's) children

April
7-13 Rides Photograph your favorite ride
14-20 Chip and Dale Any photo of Chip, Dale, or the combo will be applicable
21-27 Disney's Animal Kingdom Photos must be in and of Disney's Animal Kingdom
28-5/4 Flowers and Trees The gardens of the Disney parks and resorts is the theme

May
5-11 Disney-MGM Studios Photos must be taken in and of Disney MGM Studios
12-18 Fantasyland Fantasyland in any of the Disney parks will be applicable
19-25 Architecture Photos should include architectural elements seen on Disney property.
26-6/1 Disney Icons Photos must be focused on a Disney Park Icon.

June
2-10 Donald Duck Any photo of Donald will be accepted
11-20 Star Wars Weekends Photos must be of a Star Wars related event
21-30 Where Magic Lives Subject exemplifies Disney “magic“

July
1-10 Celebrate America, Disney style What goes better together than Disney and America? This contest combines the two
11-20 Fireworks Firework photographs are the theme
21-31 Parades Photos of any Disney parade will be accepted

August
1-10 Macro Photography Getting up close and personal with Disney
11-20 Disney Resorts/Hotels Any photo taken at a Disney resort will qualify
21-30 Signage This contest revolves around the signs of the Disney resort

September
1-7 Cast Member Appreciation Photos should be of cast members making “magic“
8-14 Downtown Disney contest Any photo taken of any subject in Downtown Disney will be accepted
15-21 Nighttime Photography Contest Photos must be taken at night of anything on Disney property
22-28 Character Meals Any photo taken at a Character Meal will apply
29-10/5 The Magic Kingdom Any photo taken inside the Magic Kingom will be accepted

October
6-12 EPCOT Photos must be taken from inside Epcot
13-19 Live Animal Contest This contest is for any live animal found in a Disney park
20-26 Disney Villains This contest is self-explanatory. It is based of the villains of Disney
27-11/2 Halloween It‘s the spookiest time of year. Halloween is the theme for this contest

November
3-9 Topiary Contest We all know Disney creates some amazing topiaries. That is this week‘s topic
10-16 Food and Drink Contest Everybody likes to take pictures of their food. Show us your best shots.
17-23 Mickey Mouse M-I-C K-E-Y M-O-U-S-E is this week‘s theme
24-30 Frontierland Photos must be taken in Frontierland

December
1-7 Your Favorite Disney Picture Pick the picture that you like the best
8-14 Disney Dream Contest In honor of this year's new celebration, the Disney Dream contest is what makes Disney Disney to you.
15-21 Disney Transportation This contest includes all the different types of transportation that Disney has. (The only exception is the monorail will not be included since there is already a contest about that.)
22-1/4/07 Christmas in the Resorts Photos must be related to Christmas at the Disney resorts
22-1/4/07 Christmas in the Parks Photos must be related to Christmas in any of the Disney parks

Official Contest Rules

Contests will run from Friday-Thursday 11:59pm PACIFIC TIME, submissions after this time will not be included. An individual thread will be created for each contest.

1 submission per member, per contest. Once you post your picture, you can not replace it. You can not re-use the same entry in multiple contests.

Pictures can be taken with any type of camera (film or digital)

Pictures can not be altered in any way, except to adjust size, crop, or add your own personal watermark. This is a photography contest, not a photo-editing contest.

Please resize pictures to be no larger than 700x525

Please do not attach the photo to your post. Upload it to the WDWMagic photo album, or your own personal site and link the photo. If you use your own site, you are responsible to ensure the photo is viewable at all times (and not subject to bandwidth limitations).

Pictures can be taken at any time for any contest (if you visited in April of 2002, you can use those pictures for any contest that interests you).

Pictures must be taken by the member submitting the entry, and not by a family member or by a cast member.

Voting will begin within a day or two of the contest's end.
If 20 or less people participated, 1 poll will be posted, and it will be open for 6 days.
If more than 20 entries exist, the entries will be divided into similar-sized groups, and will be listed in the order that they were submitted. The preliminary polls will be open for 4 days. The top 3 entries (and entries with votes equal to the third place entry in the SAME poll) from each preliminary poll will advance to a final poll, which will remain open for 3 days.

No breaking of park rules or common etiquette to take your pictures. (no accessing restricted areas, no flash photography on attractions which do not allow it....stuff like that)

The overall subject of the contest is "Disney". Although some contests are specific to areas of Walt Disney World, anything "Disney related" can be taken for other contests, including, but not limited to, other Disney parks. For contests like the "Adventureland photo contest", any Disney park's Adventureland would be accepted.

Most of all, this is all for FUN.

mrtoad

I just wanted to suggest a change in the max image size to 800x600. It is a more "standard" size than the max that is currently in place. Also, most users that are housing their photos on photo hosting sites run into the issue that the sites generally have photos set to a small, med and large format with 800x600 being large and a big drop down to the next size. Also for users like myself that don't take the photos just for the contests, have all their photos already uploaded to their hosting site and when the current week's contest is up they just go pick something fitting. So to have to go and take that photo and resize and re-upload and then also not have to have it's size match the rest of their photos is kind of not what you would want to have to do.

Just a suggestion.

Thanks,
Mike

nibblesandbits

Original Poster
Just wanted to let you all know...I am currently working on the list for next year's contests. The list should be ready within the next few weeks so that those of you going during the holidays will have an idea of what photos will be needed for next year.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom