Star Wars Weekends 2006

Captain Chaos

Original Poster
OK, I don't see this on this site posted anywhere:

Star Wars Weekends will happen in 2006. Want the dates????

The last two weekends in May and the first two weekends in June.. Book now!!!! May the force be with you.

Maerj

Where did you learn about this? It looked like that last year's was going to be the last one. I'd think they'd definitely want to do the Weekends next year for the 30th Ann. of the original film. Did you get any other info such as the guest list?

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Maerj said:
Where did you learn about this? It looked like that last year's was going to be the last one. I'd think they'd definitely want to do the Weekends next year for the 30th Ann. of the original film. Did you get any other info such as the guest list?
SWW weekends have always been the the last 2 weekends in May and the first 2 June. A guest list will more than likely not surface till late March or early April.

Rcoaster809

warlord said:
i hope there isn't a star wars weekend, it always makes the crowds worse

True, but for a Star Wars fan it is totally worth it! If you are not a SW fan, try another park that day and do MGM on Monday, and you will benefit too from (slightly) smaller crowds.

MonoRon

Im not a huge fan of star wars at all but when I went to the Star Wars Weekend last year by mistake I had a blast. I wanna do it again this year. The crowd was excited and very friendly, for those who never tried it I say do it.

Will it still be on?

I get there 10th June what days will i be able to go there? cos i already have a timetable worked out and i don't go to mgm until 19th June. I am a huge SW fan and have never done it before. What Should i do?

mhead

Master Yoda said:
SWW weekends have always been the the last 2 weekends in May and the first 2 June. A guest list will more than likely not surface till late March or early April.

Not quite....for the first few years they were every weekend in May (none in June). I liked it better because early May was less crowded.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
disneydude2000 said:
I get there 10th June what days will i be able to go there? cos i already have a timetable worked out and i don't go to mgm until 19th June. I am a huge SW fan and have never done it before. What Should i do?
If the schedule holds you will arrive on the last SWW. There is really nothing special you need to do unless you want autographs from the celebrities attending. If that is the case and you are staying on property you will want to attend on a day that they have early EMH and arrive at the park no later than 1/2 hour before it opens. If the early EMH is not available @ MGM that weekend still get to the park a minimum of 1/2 hour before the park opens. When you are allowed into the park proceed quickly and safely to the ropes to the left of the hat. When the ropes drop make a bee line for the fast pass machines at Star Tours. This is where they distribute the fast passes for autographs. You must have a pass to get an autograph. If it is like last year your entire party must be present to get passes for each person. Last year was insanely busy, much higher attendance than I have seen in SWW in the past. There is a pretty good chance that this year wont be as busy but if you really want autographs I wouldn't risk it.

mhead said:
Not quite....for the first few years they were every weekend in May (none in June). I liked it better because early May was less crowded.
Thanks. I forgot about those early years.

Captain Chaos

Original Poster
The dates are May 19-21, 26-28 and June 2-4, 9-11
Those are the official dates listed on the cast portal.. I had a friend look it up last night... No events schedule has been listed however...

Zip-D-Dude

I will be there the weekend of the 19th, 20th and 21st. Which is the least crowed day to go? What should I expect as far as crowds are concerned? The celebrities do not interest me so much, what else is special?

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Zip-D-Dude said:
I will be there the weekend of the 19th, 20th and 21st. Which is the least crowed day to go? What should I expect as far as crowds are concerned? The celebrities do not interest me so much, what else is special?
I went for the first three weekends last year and the crowds were Epcot on new years eve insane. As suggested before it was probably due to Episode 3 and the wide spread rumor that 2005 was going to be the last year for SWW. I don't anticipate the crowds of last year but I am preparing for them.

mkepcotmgmak

COME BY AND SEE ME!

I should be working either the 9, 10 or 11... HOPEFULLY! - i'm giong on vacation, and i am in the works in picking up shifts... :0)

Zip-D-Dude

I am thinking of going on the Sunday the 21st. Since you work there any inside tips for beating the crowds? I know I need to arrive early. I just want to hit the big stuff. Tower of Terror, Sar Tours, and Lights Motor aaction. I am open to the rest of the day.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
mkepcotmgmak said:
COME BY AND SEE ME!

I should be working either the 9, 10 or 11... HOPEFULLY! - i'm giong on vacation, and i am in the works in picking up shifts... :0)
Are you going to be the only wookie this year?

Zip-D-Dude

Any rumors of any schedules for the Starwars Weekends this year? Getting close but have not heard anything yet. When will they announce?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom