Time Keeper to become Monsters Inc. based attraction

Epcot82Guy

I fail to see how the Monsters Inc. concept fits into the futuristic theme of ANY type. I do agree that TL has suffered an identity crisis to MGM-levels, but, like Adventureland and Fronteirland, things at least felt somewhat related (somehow). Monsters Inc. just doesn't cut it IMHO. I DO think that something needs to go into that poor theater, but this would just be throwing in the towel at that point. With one drastically failed remake (and let's not start another SGE thread) across the way, I don't think a second would be a great WDI achievement, IMHO.

Marijil

yensidtlaw1969 said:
That's a goo point, it's like we're saying "world peace and unity is a great Idea, but it's too Fanciful to become a reality. Pssht, Great message we're sending home to the kids.:wave: :p .

Yensid "it's-a-world-of-laughter-a-world-of-tears-.-.-." tlaw1969

so where should it be....realityland?

Slipknot

Mouse's Magic said:
You people need to be more trusting. Not everyone comes here to make up lies to tick people off. Trust me on this one ok? :)

Wasn't saying you lied, but your sisters handler couldn't have possibly seen or heard anything or she would be fired right now. This far away from something being done to TK and someone spills the beans? A lowly CM with that information wouldn't be kept around for much longer if she saw what she said she saw or heard what she is saying she heard... I just think she is pulling your leg.

dxwwf3

speck76 said:
I would call those "Fantasy attractions based on science fiction"

If you look at the original plans for the original Tomorrowland at DL, or even the Original (or at least pre-space MT) at WDW the attractions were never to be so fictional.....they were more Epcot than XS

Ok I see what you mean now. That sounds about right. Even though I would think Mission to Mars would almost fall into that category as well.

Shaman

If this attraction will be anything similar, in concept atleast (as in, the interactive qualities) to Turtle Talk....I'm all for it....:D

Sadly, Timekeeper has been a waste of space for a while...any change would probably be good.

nibblesandbits

speck76 said:
Since when has space = tomorrow.....not in at least 40 years

Ok...I see what you're talking about and that makes sense...but at least the land has a "theme" to it of space...even if space and tomorrow aren't exactly cohesive nowadays.

But overall, Tomorrowland has a general theme and I don't see how Monster's Inc. fits in to it. (Whether it's the right theme that was intended or not.) I'm sure the if the ride does come true, the Imagineers have something up their sleeves, but as of this moment, I don't see how that would fit. Even though I believe that this rumor has possiblity to it. (Does any of this make sense??? :lol: )

BwanaBob

EVEN if this rumor is true...wouldn't it be a good idea to see if the first one is going to be successful first?

...because, franlky, that's all this would be is a 'Cc' of what's going up at DCA.

c51.JPG

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Tomorrowland is dead...
Long live Tomorrowland!

I hope the rumors of Matt Ouimet coming to Orlando are true - before the MK also needs Epcot-style rescuing.

Legacy

marni1971 said:
Tomorrowland is dead...
Long live Tomorrowland!

I hope the rumors of Matt Ouimet coming to Orlando are true - before the MK also needs Epcot-style rescuing.
I hadn't heard that rumor... but boy would I be excited if it was true.

PlaneJane

In the Parks
No
Walt looks so happy to have a pancake on his head.

If a Monster’s Inc. type attraction is to take place I would like the following:

Come one, come all, to see the newest exhibit in Tomorrowland's Metropolis Science Centre!

Imagine renewable energy from one of world's simplest actions! Yes, it has been discovered that laughter from children all over the world has actually powered a city in another dimension, run by monsters.... So, the discoverers of this grand energy have decided to share this marvel with us TODAY! Join James P. Sullivan and Mike Wazowski and discover for yourself the wonders of laughter.

Demonstrations of this new technology will be shown all this week. Be sure to see the show today.

(End spiel)

It would work with the Tomorrowland theme and people can have fantasy too. All that is needed now is the actual ride!

Edit: Word messed this post up

robynchic

LSUxStitch said:
Edit: HAHA, if you go through my timeline of rumor list, it is rather scary how it ends up. Brother's Boyfriend? LOL
It's perfectly acceptable, as long as they're wearing red shirts.:rolleyes:

Mouse's Magic

Original Poster
Just to restate, its not an actual ride. Its a theatrical presentation, like Time Keeper was. So it would NOT be a copy of what is going in DCA because that is an actual moving vehicle ride system.

Mr Disney

In the Parks
Yes
Does anybody think that a Monsters Inc "theatrical presentation" sounds a little like Playhouse Disneyesque? I mean I thought Timekeeper was okay... but this is something my sister is going to want to see while I go on Space Mountain if it's what it sounds like.

Fantasmc

This is the sister that is friends with Helen. There were many techs in the timekeeper that day working on different things. Many of us who were working over there did talk with the techs and they did say this is what is going on. My greeter also did see a rough rendering of the lobby area that had a large M for Monsters Inc. I personally did not see it but this is why we asked the techs that were around what was going on. This is also why we got the date of one year and two months. That is way to specific for me to make up on my own. As to keeping it a "space" there the line of thinking is that because monsters has aliens and other space creatures in it...that this keeps with the space theme. I agee with many people though because at first I did not see the connection to tomorrowland and someone else had to make the connection for me and so we know guests will never make the connection. We will see though this is just the information I am getting and we all know things can change but they were playing with the video and they did have drawings so maybe!

PS this is my first post!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom