WDWMagic Members Donate $4500 to ARC/Pics Included

cherrynegra

Original Poster
Hi everyone. So I took the day off from work so I could make the final arrangements of wdwmagic's donation to the American Red Cross. If you don't know already, with Steve's permission we hosted a Hurricane Katrina fundraiser in which we raised $4500 in two weeks.

Although the majority of those who donated did so via PayPal, I also received checks sent to me from some members. I received three checks made out to the ARC that totalled $270. I also received two check made out to me that totalled $350. These two members made out the checks to me because they wanted it included in the one big check with the PayPal amounts. The big check totalled $4230. Added to the three checks for $270 and we donated $4500 to the ARC!!

Here's the headquarters for the American Red Cross in the San Francisco Bay Area.

red1.jpg

Here's a shot inside the ARC store and donation center.

red4.jpg

Here's Angela from the ARC processing our donations. Please note that I had nothing to do with the Mickey on the table besides her. It's a sign from God!!! :sohappy: :sohappy:

red2.jpg

I checked out their earthquake preparedness kits while Angela did the paperwork.

red3.jpg

Here's a shot of me and Angela before I handed over the big check.

red5.jpg

And here's a pic of the big check with all the PayPal and check donations. I also donated the three checks made out to the ARC.

check6.jpg

cherrynegra

Original Poster
I know I've said it before, but I just want to again extend my gratitude to Steve for giving us permission to have our fundraiser. I will also take this time to thank once again all those members who contributed to the American Red Cross in wdwmagic's name. It's very comforting to know that wdwmagic members from all over were willing to donate to help those in need. Thank you all once again. :kiss: :wave:

DisneySam

:sohappy: That is so great! Thank you for sharing with us all. I love the Mickey in the photos. It really is a sign...LOL.
Great Job!

Boo's Mom

:sohappy: Thank you so much Gordon and thank you to everyone who donated! Thanks for allowing me to be a part of this generous occation :wave:

:sohappy:

Thrawn

Account Suspended
cherrynegra said:
Here's Angela from the ARC processing our donations. Please note that I had nothing to do with the Mickey on the table besides her. It's a sign from God!!!

Sigh ... why not just ask "god" to stop sending killer hurricanes? I think that would be a better sign.

That being said, good job. $4500 from basically, complete strangers, is nothing to scoff at. I would have added some of my $22k donation to yours if I trusted paypal at all.

DMC-12

It's HarmonioUS, NOT HarmoniYOU.
Thanks Gordon... what a great guy you are!! :king: :sohappy: :sohappy: :king:

Oh... and to the naysayers who thought Gordon would take the money out of the PayPal account and run... stuff it! :fork: I wanted to say something more harsh than "stuff it"... but I dont want to get banned. :eek: :wave:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom