Disney Donates to MaW (000's wish mentioned!)

mousermerf

Account Suspended
Original Poster
Disney donates $250,000 to Make-A-Wish

Date: 08/12/2005

The Make-A-Wish Foundation of Central and Northern Florida will be able to make wishes come true for approximately 50 children with life-threatening medical conditions as the result of a $250,000 donation from The Walt Disney Company.

Make-A-Wish Foundation and The Walt Disney Company celebrated the contribution on Aug. 12 at Disney's Animal Kingdom by blowing out candles on a cake celebrating the 25th anniversary of Make-A-Wish and 50 years of Disney Theme Park magic.

"Through Walt Disney World's community initiative, DisneyHand - Helping Kids Shine, we are committed to helping build better futures for children. Encouraging a sense of compassion for others is a strong component of our efforts, and we're pleased to be able to set an example for today's youth by spreading our magic to children who have faced adversity," said Diane Ledder, Director of Community Relations for Walt Disney World.

As part of today's celebration, 17-year-old Guest from Pennsylvania had his special wish granted when a Walt Disney Imagineer gave him a behind-the-scenes tour of the creation of Expedition Everest: Legend of the Forbidden Mountain, a new high-speed train adventure scheduled to open in 2006 at Disney's Animal Kingdom.

"[The gift from] Disney will enable us to continue to bring hope, strength and joy to children with life-threatening medical conditions," said Bradley Blystone, chairman of the Make-A-Wish Foundation of Central and Northern Florida. "We look forward to continuing our special relationship with [the Disney Cast]."

wdwishes2005

mousermerf said:

The Make-A-Wish Foundation of Central and Northern Florida will be able to make wishes come true for approximately 50 children with life-threatening medical conditions as the result of a $250,000 donation from The Walt Disney Company.

Make-A-Wish Foundation and The Walt Disney Company celebrated the contribution on Aug. 12 at Disney's Animal Kingdom by blowing out candles on a cake celebrating the 25th anniversary of Make-A-Wish and 50 years of Disney Theme Park magic.

"Through Walt Disney World's community initiative, DisneyHand - Helping Kids Shine, we are committed to helping build better futures for children. Encouraging a sense of compassion for others is a strong component of our efforts, and we're pleased to be able to set an example for today's youth by spreading our magic to children who have faced adversity," said Diane Ledder, Director of Community Relations for Walt Disney World.

As part of today's celebration, 17-year-old Guest from Pennsylvania had his special wish granted when a Walt Disney Imagineer gave him a behind-the-scenes tour of the creation of Expedition Everest: Legend of the Forbidden Mountain, a new high-speed train adventure scheduled to open in 2006 at Disney's Animal Kingdom.

"[The gift from] Disney will enable us to continue to bring hope, strength and joy to children with life-threatening medical conditions," said Bradley Blystone, chairman of the Make-A-Wish Foundation of Central and Northern Florida. "We look forward to continuing our special relationship with [the Disney Cast]."
thats wonderful! go disney!

The_CEO

And to all you clowns who thought he was fake.

Pooh on you! :)

Hope he can give us the run do wn through atleast words when he returns!

Edit -

You know what would of been really special? If they somehow let him get the " first guest ride " on Everest! Oh wow, but hey. I don't even think people are allowed to test it yet, just bots or w/e.

wdwishes2005

The_CEO said:
Hope he can give us the run do wn through atleast words when he returns!

you need caffeine.

also, i may have seemed like i didn't believe him, but i was sort of paranoid of all the people that were making up things for attention.

have a good trip 000

wdwishes2005

The_CEO said:
You know what would of been really special? If they somehow let him get the " first guest ride " on Everest! Oh wow, but hey. I don't even think people are allowed to test it yet, just bots or w/e.

that would be cool! maybe they have.

also, please rephrase the guest part to V.I.P. i want that title!:D

MSTINKHERBELL01

Amazing...I'm so happy for him! I read his post when he found out that his wish was granted and I read "certain people" claiming that he was fake "because he was new and wanted attention"...I hope "those people" re-think their comments before they end up with their foot in their mouths next time. Good for 000...he'll remember this forever!:)

I remember reading certain "doubting" responses to his post and being very sad for him. Yay for 000! I hope that his trip was fabulous (how could it not be)?! :D

Tom

Beta Return
MSTINKHERBELL01 said:
Amazing...I'm so happy for him! I read his post when he found out that his wish was granted and I read "certain people" claiming that he was fake "because he was new and wanted attention"...I hope "those people" re-think their comments before they end up with their foot in their mouths next time. Good for 000...he'll remember this forever!:)

At least I worded mine carefully - and didn't officially doubt him in my post..only hypothesize of how it could be :)

I'm happy for him, and all the rest that also benefitted from Disney's magic!

imagineersrock

mousermerf said:

Thanks for the update, where did you find the article?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom